• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Where can I read about what the gunsmith does and how to maximize value out of it? I didn't play all last week. Looks like I missed something.

neoism

The only reason it's 3 days of rushing is because the raid is out on Friday.

I bet if the raid was released on Tuesday, no one would care about others rushing so much. People always rush in videogames as well.

im sure bungie wants most poeple to but under leveled so to speak.. still though 3 days to get raid ready is really shitty... :/

Sullichin

I saw the oracles, but did they even matter in this mission, my wife was acting up during that mission so I wasn't 100% focused on what was going on, just seemed like another straight forward boss to me and the fireteam I was with.
Yeah you have to kill them to damage the boss. There's also detainment shields

What's the best way to get 15000 glimmer for the second part of the Chaperone quest? I have been so low on glimmer. Is there any way to get glimmer from Taken?

neoism

Is there a perk that lets you see invisible platforms without pulling up the ghost? I seriously need it for the timed jumping puzzle scent chest >_>

seems like you really need 3 man fireteam 2 stand on the platforms so you dont have to do the ghost thing i tried it solo a few times.. and it just didnt work... even if you get there as quick as possible you only have like 3-6 seconds left.. no mistakes.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So what is the best strategy for early Legendary Mark usage? I'm 256 light and have 141 marks right now. Get an exotic armor piece or weapon or wait for Xur first? I'll probably hit the cap by Friday so I don't know if I should just get something that is around 75 marks like a ghost shell. Thoughts?

OH MY GOD! Need!

It's sick, let me take a screenshot lol

vctor182

Man o man, this game is great and the jump from PS3 to PS4 holy shit it's like a completely different game, awesome graphics. I finished the main story and pushed myself to do it on Hard with >240 light, it took me like 14 wipes lol but I did it!
I got this Hand Cannon from reaching lvl 40

A5UcLRC.jpg

It hits like a truck and the perk Rescue Mag is awesome! It triggers almost everytime I go into red which is great because on hard mode you use a lot of ammo and go down in health quick so I basically have a 16 magazine hand cannon lol

MechDX

Yeah you have to kill them to damage the boss. There's also detainment shields

What's the best way to get 15000 glimmer for the second part of the Chaperone quest? I have been so low on glimmer. Is there any way to get glimmer from Taken?

My Brave Shell for my ghost has a perk to get extra glimmer from Hive. Bet there is one for taken somewhere

zewone

So what is the best strategy for early Legendary Mark usage? I'm 256 light and have 141 marks right now. Get an exotic armor piece or weapon or wait for Xur first? I'll probably hit the cap by Friday so I don't know if I should just get something that is around 75 marks like a ghost shell. Thoughts?

It's sick, let me take a screenshot lol
Infuse legendary pieces with blues for 3 marks a pop, cheapest way to get to recommended light.

Just helped Mutant go from 250 to 282 today. I got myself to 288/289 if I use a different gun. We focused on quests, then strikes, then some COO for fun. RNG just gives you the loot you need for whatever you play it seems. We've also been infusing legendaries rather than using blues.

Also, NF is fun at appropriate level. Way better in TTK than Vanilla.

zewone

Man o man, this game is great and the jump from PS3 to PS4 holy shit it's like a completely different game, awesome graphics. I finished the main story and pushed myself to do it on Hard with >240 light, it took me like 14 wipes lol but I did it!
I got this Hand Cannon from reaching lvl 40

A5UcLRC.jpg

It hits like a truck and the perk Rescue Mag is awesome! It triggers almost everytime I go into red which is great because on hard mode you use a lot of ammo and go down in health quick so I basically have a 16 magazine hand cannon lol

I got the same cannon with LitC and Outlaw. It's been my go to for all PVE content.

Don't isn't worth the marks. I only infused at that level when the item was 10 or above in difference, other wise you are just wasting marks.

Yeah I wasn't really sure how it worked. Doesn't seem worth it then.

I have 254 legendary boots and 259 blue ones. I wish there was a way to see what the new defense rating would be

Hedge

So does Legacy strikes have a chance to produce the strike-specific legendary rewards, or is it heroics only? I want that Tanik cloak, but I have no clue where to start the grind.

KxoZz

Are exotic weapons with quests attached exclusive to the quest? Or can RNG also drop them?
I know Sleeper Simulant and Touch of Malice can't be obtained per RNG but it seems like most of the other new exotics have respective quests that look like they could take forever.

I'd like if RNG could also drop quest exotics (exept for some like SS and ToM) with the quests being a more direct way to get a specific one.
I don't really feel like doing 10+ quests for exotics that each take days to complete and aren't much fun (Crucible).

Wow, just managed to get started this afternoon, and I'm really loving the improvements. The plot alone is much more coherent than before, and the mission design has been really fun so far. For those of you who've finished the story, how many missions can I expect? I'm afraid of rushing through everything too fast, but it seems like people have a lot to do.

KxoZz

How do you get the level 2 and 3 runes? Eris?

We did it sub 250.

My friend and I have recived stolen runes (level 2) from key-specific chests on the Dreadnaught, from Eris and as rewads from level 1 rune summons. Level 3 runes from Eris and rewards from level 2 runes.
There could be more sources, not sure.

Wow, just managed to get started this afternoon, and I'm really loving the improvements. The plot alone is much more coherent than before, and the mission design has been really fun so far. For those of you who've finished the story, how many missions can I expect? I'm afraid of rushing through everything too fast, but it seems like people have a lot to do.

There are maybe 6 or 8 main quest missions totaling about 3-4 hours but then after the main quest is over there are a huge pile of additional quests and story missions. Like a ton.

BahamutPT

seems like you really need 3 man fireteam 2 stand on the platforms so you dont have to do the ghost thing i tried it solo a few times.. and it just didnt work... even if you get there as quick as possible you only have like 3-6 seconds left.. no mistakes.

I was about to crack and ask for some help when I finally got it!
Got to the chest with 6/7 seconds left, thinking it wasn't enough and all my effort would go down the drain, but was able get it open in time :D

KxoZz

The story is kinda short, but it's really just a set-up for what comes after. You'll have enough to do after the story, don't worry. I've played about 22 hours of TTK since launch and I feel like the quests won't ever end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom