• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

I have a pretty sweet legendary sidearm with a silencer. I wonder if it has any gameplay effect or if it's just aesthetic? It's a nice audio touch and feels badass to use. It also has crowd control so I'm keeping it for infusion.

Sullichin

This baby dropped from an FWC package last night, with Warhead Verniers/Hard Launch, G&H and Javelin. it's about as close as it gets to a perfect year 2 RL, since G&H is in the same slot as tripod now. The only way it could have been better would be if it had heavy payload instead of single point sling.

edit: Just realized that year 2 Ash Factory has a different perk tree, and it can have G&H, Javelin and Tripod. Oh well, I'm still not complaining though.
Chances of getting all of that in one roll for Ash Factory are small. And it's ugly as hell. FWC weapons look amazing.

There's a random legendary that drops from enemies that you can give it to him for 200 rep.

As you play you will sometimes get drops from mobs that have an icon for a legendary fusion rifle, but is marked as a relic. You can turn these in at the gunsmith for a +200 rep bonus.

Did you start last week? I am into level 2 and I didn't have the NF buff last week and I haven't done all the guns from this week yet. There is also a quest at level 2 which may give rep with him.

I got that drop actually and gave it to him, seems rare though.

I started back again last week, I guess it's been going longer. My bad guys.

Wallach

I still don't get CoO. I used some runes and killed the bosses of the first tier a couple times, but have no idea how to move on to the next tier.

A different rune is needed for the next tier (Stolen Rune). You can get them as random drops from just about anything, and you can also buy them from Eris Morn apparently. Antiquated Runes are the same way, but they are rarer than Stolen Runes (and I don't know if Eris sells those).

neoism

Heads up, there is a quest for the Gunsmith requiring you to dismantle rare or legendary snipers. So keep some around.

yup been at it allllllll damn day this game hates me... i had like 3-7 before the mission.. al day and ive only gotten 6/10
ive been saving all rares from now on because of it...
Rageface...

also fuuuuuuckkkk rift with randoms.. this win crucible game quest are killing me.. i really dont fucking understand why poeple cant go for the spark it gives mad points...
im losing games 4 k points up just because the other team get the spark like 6 times in a row....

-________________-

Sullichin

yup been at it allllllll damn day this game hates me... i had like 3-7 before the mission.. al day and ive only gotten 6/10
ive been saving all rares from now on because of it...
Rageface...

also fuuuuuuckkkk rift with randoms.. this win crucible game quest are killing me.. i really dont fucking understand why poeple cant go for the spark it gives made points...
im losing game 4 k points up just because the other team get the spark like 6 times in a row....

-________________-
Getting 2 Rift wins with randoms took me longer than the first part of the Chaperone quest.

shermas

BTW for whoever asked yesterday, there are different numbers on those Gunsmith rep turn-in fusion rifles.

I've turned in 2 of those things so far... I'm wondering if I should hold onto the next one I get. Just in case we end up 'needing' one down the road.

Awesome nightfall guys. Nighstalker x3 is the way to go.

Flame grenade+menacing outline coming towards you in the dark= awesome

Got a sealed ahamkara grasps.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
:)

3iQEE3A.png

Shito

Probably my least favorite of the new ones, though I think visually it is really neat like most of the Dreadnaught stuff.
That boss fight is crazy good though.
At the end he kept OHKO us and we were running in circles for our lives waiting for the revive timers to tick down, all the while taking some timid shots at him.
Really like the boss designs in those new strikes. Menacing but fair.

LiK

Finished TTK story with Titan solo. Prett easy on Normal. Lots of fun. Gonna do some quests and maybe also compete the trials for my other classes to get them ready for coop and PVP. Good shit. Much improved over vanilla Destiny.

What should i get from ikora for completing the neverending fight quest? The shotgun or the fusion rifle? Which is the better one? Help pls

X-Frame

I'm so impressed with this game now. Running Strikes over and over feels so much better with so many engrams popping left and right, the boss spilling engrams from his body and strikes actually changing in the enemies sometimes.

PvE has gotten so much better now.

Wallach

That boss fight is crazy good though.
At the end he kept OHKO us and we were running in circles for our lives waiting for the revive timers to tick down, all the while taking some timid shots at him.
Really like the boss designs in those new strikes. Menacing but fair.

To be honest the boss is my biggest problem with it. He doesn't really do anything interesting the entire fight. It's really neat aesthetically, but seems kind of trivial; he's less threatening than the red shield brother and that guy is basically only half his encounter.

All of the other new bosses seem way more interesting than Darkblade.

shermas

I'm so impressed with this game now. Running Strikes over and over feels so much better with so many engrams popping left and right, the boss spilling engrams from his body and strikes actually changing in the enemies sometimes.

PvE has gotten so much better now.

Are you running heroics or the regulars?

I did my 5 heroics today (via MM) and it was a draaaag. In four of the five, someone left right away, so we had to 2 man it. Took a while.

The Valus strike with the taken enemies was probably my least favorite. Such a slog with two of us.

Shito

That captain champion on Ishtar Cliffs and his gang of fellow black holes merry throwers is ridiculous.
Made me feel like I was playing Nier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom