• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

noomi

Please tell me there is another way to get a 310 artifact, I really don't want to do the entire taken war quest line on my titan & warlock again :*****(

bitsurugi

The ammount of posts i have read in the last 2 hours is inhuman. Maaaaan, dat spindler sure made it a fun day.

I am curious to see the average post speed we had yesterday.

Also: my 3 spindlers are gone, all hail 310 1000 yard with fast reload perk ^^

Raybunny

Please tell me there is another way to get a 310 artifact, I really don't want to do the entire taken war quest line on my titan & warlock again :*****(

I would like to say there is another way but till now I have no recall on another way to get it.

The ammount of posts i have read in the last 2 hours is inhuman. Maaaaan, dat spindler sure made it a fun day.

I am curious to see the average post speed we had yesterday.

Also: my 3 spindlers are gone, all hail 310 1000 yard with fast reload perk ^^

Beautiful!

ocean

Banned
So. Calcified Feagments.

There's 4 missing right now. I thought all or at least some are tied to Tier 3 CoO in coming weeks.

I looked through Grimoire for hints as to who they might be. Under Enemies it seems we've already killed all the Taken enemies.

But the Exalted Hive section has an empty slot which belongs to an unknown enemy called Balwûr. The text for that Grimoire is data mined and very strongly suggests it's a CoO boss.

http://db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/enemies/exalted-hive/balwur

This will leave 3 Calcified Fragments undiscovered. Do you guys think they'll be in Heroic Raid or are they currently available puzzles on the Dreadnaught we just haven't cracked yet?

Waldini

310 artifact you say? ... I'm currently doing the "last" mission of The Taken War : Earth where I have to kill an Echo of Oryx. It's not the Oryx that's giving me trouble ... its the tons of adds which spawn and blind-side you. Not only that ... but the fire ... the goddamn fire. 260 light my ass. I'm at 289 and I'm still a goddamn push-over.

Deku Tree

Oh I gotta infuse some stuff before they hit fix the 310 BH.

The one in the kiosk is going to 280 and the one in your inventory is going to 290 IMO. Both were off by 20.

Gotta exploit that glitch and infuse a few things before it's too late.

Whoa this ended all of a sudden. See yall on the new thread!

Thanks fig and silver. Now to Infuse another weapon with this spindle or wait it out... I saw both of yall still had yours.

Raybunny

So. Calcified Feagments.

There's 4 missing right now. I thought all or at least some are tied to Tier 3 CoO in coming weeks.

I looked through Grimoire for hints as to who they might be. Under Enemies it seems we've already killed all the Taken enemies.

But the Exalted Hive section has an empty slot which belongs to an unknown enemy called Balwûr. The text for that Grimoire is data mined and very strongly suggests it's a CoO boss.

http://db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/enemies/exalted-hive/balwur

This will leave 3 Calcified Fragments undiscovered. Do you guys think they'll be in Heroic Raid or are they currently available puzzles on the Dreadnaught we just haven't cracked yet?

I reckon will they will be dropped on the new encounters in the CoO just like Mini Crota.

ocean

Banned
Oh btw:

To get the Grimoire cards for Ir Halak and Ir Anûk, the Deathsingers, you have to kill them during the "stealth" mission in Crota's room.

Apparently you can pop a shot, run back to water and recover invisibility. Rinse repeat until they're down. I will try to do that when I get home.

Acidote

310 artifact you say? ... I'm currently doing the "last" mission of The Taken War : Earth where I have to kill an Echo of Oryx. It's not the Oryx that's giving me trouble ... its the tons of adds which spawn and blind-side you. Not only that ... but the fire ... the goddamn fire. 260 light my ass. I'm at 289 and I'm still a goddamn push-over.

After that comes The Taken War: Venus, The Taken War: Mars, a few mission and the raid. It's a long ass chain.

Raybunny

Oh btw:

To get the Grimoire cards for Ir Halak and Ir Anûk, the Deathsingers, you have to kill them during the "stealth" mission in Crota's room.

Apparently you can pop a shot, run back to water and recover invisibility. Rinse repeat until they're down. I will try to do that when I get home.

Count on me on that with my 310 1000yards; I want that grimoire.

ocean

Banned
I reckon will they will be dropped on the new encounters in the CoO just like Mini Crota.
But all the CoO bosses have had a Grimoire card and there's only 1 more boss remaining.

Either the final 3 Fragments will be from Tier 3 bosses with no grim cards or they'll be found somewhere else.

Classified weapons don't have Grimoire cards so maybe there's classified bosses too?

rainy_day

So a friend and I tried to knock out the Black spindle last night.
I am a warlock 280
He was a warlock 240.
I wasn't sure how far we would make it based on everyone saying they failed with a 3 man fire team.
We didn't do as bad as i thought. We made it to the final boss with 1:23 on the clock.
Obviously we didn't finish but it was a good practice run.
Cant wait to try again tonight!
I also heard on the bungie forums that they will be patching the 310 attack which sucks but they said that they wont patch the infusion trick. So that's something I guess.

Wonder how many people will be speed running through the heroics now looking for more Easter eggs....

Ambitious

Oh btw:

Oh? I'm gonna try this now.

Raybunny

But all the CoO bosses have had a Grimoire card and there's only 1 more boss remaining.

Either the final 3 Fragments will be from Tier 3 bosses with no grim cards or they'll be found somewhere else.

Classified weapons don't have Grimoire cards so maybe there's classified bosses too?

Maybe. There are a lot of hidden things as of this moment. Hard mode Kings fall a secret place on VOG or the "Dregboat".

Oh I hadn't told you but you were already a part of this plan bunny. We started this Grimoire quest a long time ago, we can't quit now :p

(Except for Patrol VIP card, fuck that one)

AHAHAH Sounds like an amazing plan.

Kyoufu

Shaxx just said this in Crucible:

"Do you like it better when Lord Saladin oversees these matches? Do you think I care? Get back in there!"

Shaxx is GOAT.

noomi

Venus, done. Mars, done. Taken War : Petra, done. All I see is the Earth one. Yeah, they are long ...

That's why I really don't want to do them again on my other characters. Wish there was a way for the game to acknowledge we did these quests once already....

We're in ot 31.5

freaking+out.gif

Bummer about the Spindle being Daily only

Ill have to plan ahead for it once I actually hit 290 light

I hope they eventually change it to be doable at any time

Top Bottom