• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Since we're rapidly approaching the end of OT31 (our first sub-1-week OT in I dunno how long), two questions:

1.) OT Title Suggestions?

2.) Are we still spoiler tagging all Raid discussion? Since it's only been 6 days since OT31, I would guess "Yes." I'll put it in the title again if that's okay with everyone.

1. Blue is my destiny

2. Yes please. on the weekend I will be 290 and besides the names it would be amazng to be spoiler free when I do the raid next week. maybe spoiler tagging until october 4.?

Lyonaz

You can only get one charge on the rune per day. And the day you get the rune it will 0/7.

What you can do, if they haven't changed it, is transfer the rune between your character, and be able to get 3 charges per day that way.

I know, I finished one the first week. However the one I got yesterday won't fill up even after a reset. Maybe I should transfer it to my alts.

ocean

Banned
So we've learned that the Cabal are pretty freaked out at us. They're cited as amazed we keep on reviving, recklessly murdering everything we see and then just casually doing acrobatics on our "light vehicles" (sparrows).

To such a degree that, suspecting the Hive know how to deal with us, the Emperor of the Cabal sent a message from a far off system. He ordered the Skyburners to seize the Dreadnaught at any cost. We know how that went.

Now the Cabal leadership in our system is utterly decimated. Valii (what the hell would the plural of Valus be?), Vals, Primes - all dead or captured in the Prison of Elders.

I think this is an absolutely perfect way to set the stage for a Cabal expansion. I think a Cabal raid would be super interesting. Their militaristic ways would allow some super cool encounters - 6 Interceptor battles, or teams splitting up to hack systems or something. Think tackling a truly, heavily fortified military base. It'd be fantastic if we could end Destiny by clearing the main threats off the inner planets and have Destiny 2 begin in a new world state where we've started to take back Luna, Venus and Mars.

Ok enough future talk. Still missing 2 swords plus the 3 Exotic ones, unlocking the Weekly Crucible bounties, making my Warlock raid ready and maxing his new subclass, discovering the remaining Exoticsperdecting armor and weapon loadouts... And we haven't even seen Iron Banner or Trials or Heroic Raid yet. TTK will keep us busy for a long, long time :)

Tovarisc

We are all in the same boat. Without raiding you can get this back to 300 easily, which I will be doing the same way, I have no raid specials. After the nerf I'll be pleased to have a 300 Spindle and it is still an accomplishment.

Not sure about whole easily part. I have 303 light and seeing anything near 300 attack from engrams is like seeing unicorn and triple Ghorn drop in Y1 NFall at same time. Picking some random 270 attack weapon and bruteforcing it to 300 attack with Spindles isn't cheap.

Infused my BS into a 1000 yard stare sniper.

Have a bunch of 300 weapons now as well, will upgrade a few more shitty ones to 300 and use those to buff other good specials in the future.

Currently my Primary is used slot for Exotics as I have the damn Touch of Malice!! It´s just too good to not use !

No issue seeing others get the shaft...

Belittle players....

Seriously?

We are all in the same boat. Without raiding you can get this back to 300 easily, which I will be doing the same way, I have no raid specials. After the nerf I'll be pleased to have a 300 Spindle and it is still an accomplishment.

Don't worry about it, just pissed me off going through all that trouble only to have the good feeling ruined as soon as I read the news on it.

I shouldn't be upset over something so trivial but I don't usually get time to even attempt things like that, and I left Destiny in the past over their BS purple engrams = blues nonsense. Seeing them up to their old tricks really kills any desire for me to try doing things like this in the future.

You know you can use it without any ammo for it right?

Yes - I am not that good in crucible but got my 25 in probably 5 matches or so. Helped a lot by getting 10 in the daily rumble.

I found crouching, and making sure there are short sight lines between you and the enemy works well. For bonus points you can grenade them first to soften them up and you only need one melee then rather than 2.

neoism

You could leech from me when I get home. Too many of that stuff.

runes.jpg

holy fuck me too please lol

psn ne0ism-

phen0m24

So is the spindle still available after reset from the heroic mission?
Did you not get one either? :(

This is like the first week after all the Mercury carries with all the people wearing new armor and talking about the solar Jewel.

"Look I got 3 spindles!"

"You huh? 3?"

I quit

Haha
only half joking

Ambitious

You know you can use it without any ammo for it right?

I think I may have read it at some point, but I had forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding me. The non-ammo attack is slow, but it works.

Yes - I am not that good in crucible but got my 25 in probably 5 matches or so. Helped a lot by getting 10 in the daily rumble.

I found crouching, and making sure there are short sight lines between you and the enemy works well. For bonus points you can grenade them first to soften them up and you only need one melee then rather than 2.

I'm playing with my Hunter right now. The Vanish in Smoke perk is perfect for this.

noomi

Nope, people that ran it and killed the boss even moments past the hour got nothing from the boss according to comments on the destiny forums =/

Oh damn... well alright then. I guess you will need to wait for it to pop up as the daily heroic again... whenever that happens.

This is like the first week after all the Mercury carries with all the people wearing new armor and talking about the solar Jewel.

"Look I got 3 spindles!"

"You huh? 3?"

I quit

Haha
only half joking

I actually did get it, after 4 tries... With the help or reignofsparrows, gunners, nuszka, and myself.

Only got one though, as much as I want that ship... I will most likely never do that mission again. It's insane!

Anybody up for some Court of Oryx? I need to complete the quest for the artifact. Still stuck with the initial 200. Unfortunately dont have any Stolen or Antiquated runes, but need to run stiff anyeay.

Ambitious

I sure hope Xur will sell the ToC again tomorrow. Unlike last week, I have a truckload of strange coins now. But of course, we all know that's not gonna happen.

noomi

So I have 46/50 fragments as of last night.... that's everything we can get at this point, right?

Just need to wait for the next 4 Tier 3 Court of Oryx's I assume...

deafmedal

Had a small window of time to try last night, nothing after 3 tries. I don't think team composition was efficient. Got to the final room with 5 & 1/2 minutes and still... would have loved to do it with peeps I play with regularly but alas. I miss Comms :(

Hopefully I can fill a blind raid group for tomorrow/this weekend.

Top Bottom