• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

So I have 46/50 fragments as of last night.... that's everything we can get at this point, right?

Just need to wait for the next 4 Tier 3 Court of Oryx's I assume...

I have 45, missing the XL one that's supposed to be CoO tier 2.
Is there some trick to it or should I just keep using the Stolen Rune?

So close last night for me and two other Gaffers. 2 more ads left and time expired.

Will try again today .. sigh

I think you have to wait for the mission to be a daily again, like Noray already said.

How the fuck am I supposed to get Energy Drain kills in the crucible for the Voidwalker subquest? I have drain on my grenades and super as well as of course the melee and after more than 5 games I still only have 2/15. What the fuck?

inthrall

How the fuck am I supposed to get Energy Drain kills in the crucible for the Voidwalker subquest? I have drain on my grenades and super as well as of course the melee and after more than 5 games I still only have 2/15. What the fuck?

Its melee kills with energy drain triggered

Ok, I'm thinking spoiler tag all pictures going forward. Probably strats too to be on the safe side. Names are fair game by now I'd say, they've been out there for awhile.

Anyone here running elimination, or interested in it?

I can do some after I get this new OT up and running.

Will do. I need the 300 artifact on my warlock.

I also need the 300 artifact on my Warlock. Would also like to get the CoO Tier 3 fragment on my Titan.

Title for OT 32. DO IT.

lol as much as I would like to (and as true as that is) it probably doesn't meet my "should usually be positive" title requirement.

Oh so close to reset, tried 6 times last night, closest we got was to about 20%, we just died too many times.

Drizzay is there any room left in 30 minutes, just need to go and take kids to school, should be back by 9:15am GMT ?

Sorry I missed you, I ended up having full runs all the way straight through until reset. Hope you had some luck with it anyway but if not we'll cross our fingers that it will be the Daily again soon.

noomi

I have 45, missing the XL one that's supposed to be CoO tier 2.
Is there some trick to it or should I just keep using the Stolen Rune?

You will have to keep using Stolen Runes to get that fragment, shouldn't take too long though.

Everyone I've done it with got the fragment after no more than 5 rounds.

*edit*

From Reddit:
I don't know if this is common knowledge, but these calcified fragments aren't random T2 Court of Oryx rewards, you'll get them via a specific combination of bosses.

After wasting around ten stolen runes believing these are random drops, I tried to match the boss combination with YouTube videos by abandoning the rune until I got the same combination and it worked, I finally got both runes that I needed!

XXXIX - Lookar and Vorlog

XL - Bracus Horu'usk, Cra'adug, and Mengoor

is it just me or is Ace of Spades a beast in crucible? might be just me because i struggled to adapt to anything that's not a hand cannon.

It is! Great for PvP & PvE, it's easily one of my favorite new exotics in the game. Shame that it is only for hunters though.

Handcannons 4 life.

phen0m24

I actually did get it, after 4 tries... With the help or reignofsparrows, gunners, nuszka, and myself.

Only got one though, as much as I want that ship... I will most likely never do that mission again. It's insane!

Enjoy it man! I'm not jelly
yeah I am

Yup, that's a lock. This is the one. Captures the zeitgeist.

I like it

Thanks! Figured we can't leave out Draksis' 15 minutes of fame here. We just can't.

Had a small window of time to try last night, nothing after 3 tries. I don't think team composition was efficient. Got to the final room with 5 & 1/2 minutes and still... would have loved to do it with peeps I play with regularly but alas. I miss Comms :(

Hopefully I can fill a blind raid group for tomorrow/this weekend.

Dude we could PayPal him or something. Not hearing "HELLLOOOO!" in chat, yeah, it's disheartening.

We raided Tuesday night
until 4 am
Still recovering

Ambitious

It's a shame that so many gaffers were unable to obtain the Black Spindle, but I really like the idea of locking exotics behind super hard challenges.

surprise.jpg

OT Spindle Surprise

Waldini

It's very much like the Hawkmoon. Slow firing hard hitting. If you can hit things, it's great! :D

And so ... my Hunter begins the road to level 2.

Currently;

Level 1 > 1250 XP , required 250.
Level 2 > 1500 XP
Level 3 > 1500 XP.

3250 is required. That's 3 weeks. Great.

Can you tell me how the Ace of Spades sounds? Does it have a unique sound like every Exotic has?

Raybunny

And so ... my Hunter begins the road to level 2.

Currently;

Level 1 > 1250 XP , required 250.
Level 2 > 1500 XP
Level 3 > 1500 XP.

3250 is required. That's 3 weeks. Great.

Can you tell me how the Ace of Spades sounds? Does it have a unique sound like every Exotic has?

Unless you find Dumj00 fragments. They give you 200 rep each. Might even be related with the fusion heavy slot weapon.

sajj316

It's a shame that so many gaffers were unable to obtain the Black Spindle, but I really like the idea of locking exotics behind super hard challenges.

I don't disagree. It should be hard and very rewarding to get. Just a bit jelly (tbh). Enjoy the weapon .. to those that got it. Maybe when it pops up again, those that have it will help those that don't. That's what the Pope said yesterday!!

Mupod

I'd be surprised if Xur sells an unmolested three of coins tomorrow. But if he does I am going to Draksis so hard my alts will feel it. I don't even have alts yet, but I will when they have 310 exotics to use.

Actually now that I think about it, didn't Bungie recently fuck up with Xur and have him show up selling no weapon? If they couldn't intervene with that, I wonder if they can stop the three of coins without a patch.

Waldini

Unfortunately it's really boring, same as any old handcannon.

Really? Because ... I just listened to some audio on YouTube and it sounds like The Last Word, only heavier.

I'm praying Xur is going to sell a Primary Legacy Engram tommorow ... but, knowing Bungie likes to troll ...

Heavy Weapon Legacy ( Ha Ha Hahaha ahHaha ... Gjallarhorn) > Helm Engram > Boots > Chest > Special > Heavy > Primary.

Deku Tree

Is there any way to determine on b.net which calcified fragments a specific character has gotten?

Otherwise it's pretty horrible to try and collect them all on your alt... I have 22 on my main but 24 on my account.

You used to be able to check somehow how many golden chests you had on each character. Not sure how though....

Afrocious

If I decide on making a new Hunter, couldn't I theoretically get its light high by infusing high light blues I found on my 301 warlock?

ocean

Banned
If I decide on making a new Hunter, couldn't I theoretically get its light high by infusing high light blues I found on my 301 warlock?
You need to get your Hunter some Legendaries first. Then you can use your Warlock's good blues to infuse. My Titan went from level 39 to 280 in a day then 293 as soon as I did the CoO quest for a 300 Artifact.

Top Bottom