• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Safer easier and more boring. I offer it as an option when raiding w newbies but it's pretty lame. With a competent group it doesn't take long to nail
double gaze strat, especially since I only need one other competent player. Add clearing and DPS team have very simple jobs.

Yeah pretty much. Honestly I wish there was some punishment mechanic designed to prevent it. If you didn't
juggle the gaze then you'd get some debuff or the radiant light pool would lose effectiveness or something. The fight is clearly designed w double gazers in mind given his back and chest crit spots

No argument there, but I'd rather do the safe strat with an inexperienced group than waste wiping time trying the faster strat.

I'm curious to see what different strategies people come up with for other parts of the raid. Definitely want to have an alternate way for final boss, the current strat is repetitive and boring.

wow, where does he live? that is insane.

no wonder he's good in crucible...lagging his way to the top of the scoreboard :p

Brazil ( ._.)

But i am matchmade with brazilians so thats all skill :p

I wish i had saved the totem part. i have no fucking idea how we didnt all die on the left side. There was a knight attacking save for like 5 min and he was taking no damage, i was dead and couldnt be revived because who needs timers, there was no one on the plate, god knows what the other guys was doing. And we did it lol.

Arrrammis

That safe strat for
Golgoroth
seems like it takes all of the fun out of the fight. I like passing the gaze back and forth. Does look a lot safer, though.
Personally, I like it.
With the two attention grabber start I felt like I was spending more time shooting the bubbles than I was shooting the boss.

Here's a kind of in-between strat that I thought of:
What if we only used one side of bubbles? That way people doing dps could use the ful 20 seconds of DPS,then would have the next 20 seconds to shoot down the next bubble, and they'll theoretically be able to do almost the same damage as the one person strat, but you won't have to clear acolytes in between!
Here's my idea (easier explanation): Clear adds-> Drop orb/person 1 grabs attention -> DPS-> person 2 grabs attention, dps'ers clear thralls/get in position/ shoot down next bubble -> person 1 grabs attention -> DPS again. Rinse and repeat.

In the end, the one person strat might be faster if you can kill the acolytes, grab attention, and shoot down the bubble in 20 seconds (not even sure they spawn that fast, but I've learned not to underestimate gaffers), but with this you don't have to have the dps'ers rushing to jump out of the pit for every rotation and don't have to worry about g-man's lazers or acolyte adepts.

Really, you could do all 6 bubbles like this, just have to have the grabbers switch side, or go for a rushed rotation. If you can do max DPS on all orbs, he should easily be down before you run out of bubbles!

Tl;Dr:
2 attention grabber strat, only use bubbles/do DPS every other attention grab. Use in between for adds and preparing for maximum damage.

What are your thoughts, DGaf?

Brazil ( ._.)

But i am matchmade with brazilians so thats all skill :p

I wish i had saved the totem part. i have no fucking idea how we didnt all die on the left side. There was a knight attacking save for like 5 min and he was taking no damage, i was dead and couldnt be revived because who needs timers, there was no one on the plate, god knows what the other guys was doing. And we did it lol.

You were both alive and dead for me. Your alive body was in two separate places at all times. You were shooting in four separate directions at once. Igor too OP.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Anyone looking to kill Oryx? Need to kill him for my 310 Artifact.

I have the checkpoint for Oryx. My first time ever run earlier this week went south, and I haven't gotten back in yet. I'm a 299 titan with a 307 1000 YS so I think I can do enough DPS if you're still looking for somebody. Would love to get that first kill!

PSN = dorssom

well it looks like i can still play well in Skirmish. Ace of Spades + Nightstalker gives me new ground to tread and so far I'm doing well with it. It's not as straight forward badassery as Gunslinger and it requires more thinking and setting up kills, but it feels a bit more rewarding. It's also funny to see Gunslingers pop their supers and insta kill me. Would be lying if it wasn't slightly annoying, but I've always been in the "damage resistance + charge to shoot" camp for that super.

6v6 is still a mess though. I feel handicapped running Handcannon and Nightstalker there because everyone's a Sunbreaker or Stormcaller running Pulse Rifles

You were both alive and dead for me. Your alive body was in two separate places at all times. You were shooting in four separate directions at once. Igor too OP.

One day i will teach all you grasshopers about the secrets that the vex uncovered about time and its neverending cycle. Not today though, not today.

Mindlog

1. Mind log
2. Private
3. Ruthless
4. Save
5. Magik
6. Drizzay

Am I missing anyone?
Hudson made a list. I always obey lists!
I have the checkpoint as well. My Warlock is kitted out for a quick kill.

Just message me on PSN when the group is ready. Dropping void bombs in the meantime.

Hudson made a list. I always obey lists!
I have the checkpoint as well. My Warlock is kitted out for a quick kill.

Just message me on PSN when the group is ready. Dropping void bombs in the meantime.

Looks like everyone is on but dj and drizzay. Hard to tell with 10 pages of people playing destiny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well that was a lulzy semi-newb raid, thanks so much to everybody for jumping in to help!

Atheon goes down like a sack of wet potatoes coated in lead. One cycle of TV should be trivial for veteran groups. CRAZY.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That safe strat for
Golgoroth
seems like it takes all of the fun out of the fight. I like passing the gaze back and forth. Does look a lot safer, though.
Agree. Might use it for newbie groups, not sure. The
passing the gaze
is much more fun

GhaleonEB

Iron Banner returns on October 13th.
Trials Of Osiris returns on October 16th.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13642

Take the weekend to prepare for battle. The most dangerous enemy in the world of Destiny is you, and players like you. We’ll be courtside for the Crucible fights next week.

We’ll also have some revelations about what else Year Two will hold for you.
Because we're not yet done gorging on TTK. 0_o

traveler

Not Wario
Because we're not yet done gorging on TTK. 0_o

When did they first announce Dark Below?

Given the quality of the game right now, I think they can let mini xpac (aka content patch) slip to Jan/Feb instead of dropping it in December like last year, but we should still hear about it in the next month or two.

sensui-tomo

Might see if this works here, looking for a full group to fight the daughters in the raid and the fight afterwards, I havent actually done the fight yet as the group disbanded since it was late last night.. PSN : SensuiTomo Warlock Light 296

Juraash

Well that was a lulzy semi-newb raid, thanks so much to everybody for jumping in to help!

Atheon goes down like a sack of wet potatoes coated in lead. One cycle of TV should be trivial for veteran groups. CRAZY.

It was really fun and the Atheon fight was hilarious.

BTW, I had meant to ask you this in party but did you do KF this week on all applicable characters already?

oSoLucky

Personally, I like it.
With the two attention grabber start I felt like I was spending more time shooting the bubbles than I was shooting the boss.

Here's a kind of in-between strat that I thought of:
What if we only used one side of bubbles? That way people doing dps could use the ful 20 seconds of DPS,then would have the next 20 seconds to shoot down the next bubble, and they'll theoretically be able to do almost the same damage as the one person strat, but you won't have to clear acolytes in between!
Here's my idea (easier explanation): Clear adds-> Drop orb/person 1 grabs attention -> DPS-> person 2 grabs attention, dps'ers clear thralls/get in position/ shoot down next bubble -> person 1 grabs attention -> DPS again. Rinse and repeat.

In the end, the one person strat might be faster if you can kill the acolytes, grab attention, and shoot down the bubble in 20 seconds (not even sure they spawn that fast, but I've learned not to underestimate gaffers), but with this you don't have to have the dps'ers rushing to jump out of the pit for every rotation and don't have to worry about g-man's lazers or acolyte adepts.

Really, you could do all 6 bubbles like this, just have to have the grabbers switch side, or go for a rushed rotation. If you can do max DPS on all orbs, he should easily be down before you run out of bubbles!

Tl;Dr:
2 attention grabber strat, only use bubbles/do DPS every other attention grab. Use in between for adds and preparing for maximum damage.

What are your thoughts, DGaf?

That's actually how I do it when I'm playing with my RL friends most of the time. I can't trust another one to be able to drop and grab by himself so its easier to simplify it. You're right in that it's a go-between and that strat, while theoretically lower dps, doesn't result in that much drop-off though there is some. Less movement and less risk.

Drizzay and SlenderBeans are actually the only other gazers who I've gotten to play the high dps strat with that didn't make me hit my enrage timer, all others bad friends =(.

^Np Hudson! I just like to make sure people get their loots. I know it can be hard for many people to find a good group.

You and stabie still good for tomorrow night?

I'm good, not sure if Stabie can make it. Assuming Colonel is still in then JohnofMars aka Epoyn can take his spot. If Stabie can make it then Colonel could drop, whatever works best.

Bogeypop

Just got this beauty for ranking up Gunsmith. I've been needing a Legendary Solar Sniper as well.
xLnkPVk.png
Impact is on the low side though...
1wGNst2.png

DNAbro

Played Vault of Glass with 3 of my friends, 2 of them never did the raid before. I was impressed we were able to do it all with 4 people. Atheon fight went well once we got it down.

LTWood12

^Np Hudson! I just like to make sure people get their loots. I know it can be hard for many people to find a good group.

I'm good, not sure if Stabie can make it. Assuming Colonel is still in then JohnofMars aka Epoyn can take his spot. If Stabie can make it then Colonel could drop, whatever works best.

Sounds good!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It was really fun and the Atheon fight was hilarious.

BTW, I had meant to ask you this in party but did you do KF this week on all applicable characters already?
Nope, only my Hunter. Running with my Titan tomorrow and hopefully have my Warlock raid ready by late tonight or Sunday evening at the latest (headed on a mini vacation tomorrow for the weekend)

Weirdness: I got no VoG drops on my Hunter. No chests, none of the checkpoint drops. Did I do VoG in my sleep earlier this week or something? Very, very weird.

Juraash

Nope, only my Hunter. Running with my Titan tomorrow and hopefully have my Warlock raid ready by late tonight or Sunday evening at the latest (headed on a mini vacation tomorrow for the weekend)

Weirdness: I got no VoG drops on my Hunter. No chests, none of the checkpoint drops. Did I do VoG in my sleep earlier this week or something? Very, very weird.

I'm looking to run it tomorrow night as well Hawk. Depending on what time you are running it. Would be fun to actually run relevant content together lol.

Top Bottom