• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

Watching some Twitch Iron Banner... Whelp... 95% of all kills are shotguns from like 300 yards out. Awesome Bungie... solid fucking work lol. "And for the second year in a row, the award to most horrid multiplayer goes to..."

I'm surprised they thought taking out a park will somehow destroy shotgun ranges.

the only way that will happen is if they literally go in to shotguns and set all their ranges to .01.

blackflag

Can't believe people are mad at the Spindle nerf that they announced like a month ago.

The economy nerfs though.....yeah that is BS.

OkayRene

Thread is blowing up! Mass panic!
overreactions mostly

GMimMTxhYBEK4.gif

Toxicity level 9000 in this thread today.

LiK

I was ready to buy some silver. But after the stupid unnecessary absurd BS nerf and the weapon part drop nerf i don't think bungie deserves any more of my money.

I'm just gonna grab the the ones with my free Silver. not gonna buy any Silver either. not even for Carlton!

No one should be surprised by this.

I agree, which is why I infused it to another gun already. best decision.

LTWood12

It's all the more infuriating because they've been doing so many things right. I knew the Spindle nerf was coming, so thankfully I've got a 310 1kYS. But all this did was suck fun out of the game. Black Spindle was one of the coolest things to ever happen in the game, AND everyone was talking about it for a couple of weeks. I spent HOURS trying to acquire it the first week only to fail. Was so happy to finally get it a week later. An exotic based on one of everyone's favorite year one legendaries that drops at the current max light? Everyone loved it.

But that amount of fun isn't allowed. So I had to play a game of chicken w/ Bungie for last week and bet on whether they'd actually be daft enough to go through w/ it. Luckily I made the right bet. Given Cozmo's reddit comment from the weekend that 'all spindles in inventory will be reduced to 290' I figured I'd be able to infuse one past 300 before too long, and still get to use the weapon in end-game I was so excited to acquire.

But no, not even THAT amount of fun is allowed. Instead, I'm stuck with a 280 Spindle. And you know how weapon parts were already in short supply, yet it cost 10 of them to raise the light level by 4/5? Yeah well they made that into an even BIGGER slog.

So yeah, I'm fucking pissed. Call me whatever the fuck you want. I'm a grown-ass man and it pisses me off.

PuMa

I'm surprised they thought taking out a park will somehow destroy shotgun ranges.

the only way that will happen is if they literally go in to shotguns and set all their ranges to .01.

Well, shot package was definitely 90% of the problem. It reduced the spray cone of damage making those extended range shotguns virtually snipers.

Sullichin

Especially when they're giving everyone a fairly beastly PVP shotgun with Conspiracy Theory D.

I keep thinking if they lower movement speed while running around with a shotgun, it would be much more bearable. It's not even that every kill is from a ridiculous range.. it's just too easy to tank hits from innacurate weapons while closing the distance to get one shot off.

It's just such a damn shame... such a potentially dynamic multiplayer game has been destroyed with the worst weapon balance in the history of FPSs. Well that and poor, visually muddy MP levels and the way they implemented supers in MP...

traveler

Not Wario
It took them more than 2 weeks to patch this out, messing up with people who didn't get their small memo about it and infused their Black Spindle.
The sane reaction would have been to patch the kiosk version to 280 and call it a day.

I'm not sure I understand. The only way you infused your black spindle is if you had the vendor version- the drop was already at max light so you wouldn't have infused it. Patching just the kiosk version then would only impact the people that had a black spindle that could have been infused and, chances are, if you bought a black spindle from the vendor at all to keep for its own sake and not to infuse, you knew the news. Why else would you?

Also,I find it strange you frame the 2 week delay as something that would "mess" with the communication rather than what it is- as big a lead time as Bungie could give. We're blaming them because they put the word out as far out in advance as possible? This feels like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I do think a final heads up notifying us that this is the day would have been nice, though. (assuming last week's update didn't have that)

Lastly, I seriously doubt it's even technically possible to selectively identify which spindles originated from the kiosk and which dropped after the fact. Granted, I'm obviously not a Bungie engineer, so this could be pure bs.

kidko

Update seems fine to me meh I have like 500 wep parts, 300 motes haha. Being able to reroll my Praxic for discipline will be awesome, quite hype for that actually.

lol at Bungie buffing NBPs. Chaperone w/ NBPs plus bubble trolling control points might make me switch of hammer-time for a while.

Funny thing is I've had 2 310 NBP drop in the last week and I infused them into other stuff. Oh well. Guess I'll pull some from the vault and play around with them for a while.

Zocano

Holy shit you can just spend 2 minutes to relevel the spindle. Nothing happened move along.

Damage ratings only matter up to 300 anyway.

LTWood12

I'm not sure I understand. The only way you infused your black spindle is if you had the vendor version- the drop was already at max light so you wouldn't have infused it. Patching just the kiosk version then would only impact the people that had a black spindle that could have been infused and, chances are, if you bought a black spindle from the vendor at all to keep for its own sake and not to infuse, you knew the news. Why else would you?

Also,I find it strange you frame the 2 week delay as something that would "mess" with the communication rather than what it is- as big a lead time as Bungie could give. We're blaming them because they put the word out as far out in advance as possible? This feels like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I do think a final heads up notifying us that this is the day would have been nice, though. (assuming last week's update didn't have that)

Lastly, I seriously doubt it's even technically possible to selectively identify which spindles originated from the kiosk and which dropped after the fact. Granted, I'm obviously not a Bungie engineer, so this could be pure bs.

This is literally you. Literally.
fullhouse-yankeedoodle.gif

Zocano

It's just such a damn shame... such a potentially dynamic multiplayer game has been destroyed with the worst weapon balance in the history of FPSs. Well that and poor, visually muddy MP levels and the way they implemented supers in MP...

It's not like it's an easy problem to solve. The game is a mess of OHK skills and weapons. How the fuck do you expect them to balance it. It will be forever a bumpy ass game to balance.

Shito

Holy shit you can just spend 2 minutes to relevel the spindle. Nothing happened move along.

Damage ratings only matter up to 300 anyway.
Doesn't change the fact that it's a petty move from Bungie. ^^
My main problem with it is, as LT is saying, that it tarnished one of the most awesome events in the game to date.
It gets a little bit tiring that for every good move they make, two bad ones always have to follow.

traveler

Not Wario
This is literally you. Literally.
fullhouse-yankeedoodle.gif

Alright... I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to get out of this.

It's not like it's an easy problem to solve. The game is a mess of OHK skills and weapons. How the fuck do you expect them to balance it. It will be forever a bumpy ass game to balance.

Yeah, I think the fundamentals just make for a terrible pvp experience. It's everything I don't want in mp pvp, and I don't see them ever getting it right. CoD won the war for the heart and soul of console mp fps, and I was always more in the Halo camp. It feels like this is the result.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it's possible that the "consumables" mentioned in Eververse might be the Level 25 boosts. I could see them selling those. That wouldn't be too bad in and of itself, but it's a slippery slope.

skynidas

Banned
guys, i need help. i got a North American PSN copy of destiny but i'm playing on my European account. where should i buy the silver from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom