• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Anyone on Xbox doing an IB train?

Also, did Iron Banner reset for everyone? I was probably only rank 1, but I definitely had some rep in it which is now 0. Not much lost personally.

Mupod

It wouldn't be so bad if it would react to dyes.

I typically use Goldspiral on my Titan so it fits but it's still kinda bad. I'll be wearing that shader for IB anyways - you still get the rep bonus from that, the class item and the emblem right?

E92 M3

I hoped it was obvious that I was talking about the patch, but that's a fair clarification.

Ultimately, though, it's sad if Luke and Co. do great work and plant a beautiful garden if an ignorant live team comes along and stomps the flowers.

The Spindle nerf is punitive and nonsensical. It tarnishes the fuzzy feelings people had from the event only to cause a minor inconvenience to restore it back to 310. The whole thing should have been a 5 minute conversation in their daily stand-up meeting to arrive at the decision to not do anything to "legacy" spindles, but fix the drop and kiosk going forward.

It was.

You're right, at this point it's very punitive to change the Black Hammer. Just created more hassle than anything else. They could have changed all future drops and vendor versions easily.

FStop7

Banned
But I want everything handed to me on a silver platter.

But by further lowering the availability of weapon parts, which was already low, it's disincentivizing getting stuff like 280 IB gear. Why waste time on infusing and upgrading it vs. the stuff that drops at 290 - 310?

It's a very strange contradiction happening in this patch.

SkylineRKR

Daily bounties are very easy, got them basically in a single game. Also got kill streak, double kills and top overall score. I don't think I got a 10 streak. I think Merciless will do.

13 matches is easy ofcourse, 7 wins over a whole week should be doable even with randoms.

phen0m24

Short term ban. Good. These emotes and nerfs have real emotions running high. Let cooler heads prevail, GAF. Luke is likely lurking with gritted teeth but taking it in. (Hopefully)

Did we hear from Hawkian? Team No Fun assemble for later? Raid or IB? We could always wafer?

rc213

The nerf of coins/motes/weapon parts make absolutely no sense. Already hard to come by as it was already. Now I have a Titan and Warlock that have no more PVE quests to do for marks/coins/motes.

Feels like they screwed with something just to screw with something to come back later and fix it back to its original state.

LT. :(

--------------

Whales, here's your price:

To buy the whole set its 4,200 silver.
The cheapest way to get the whole set would be $35 dollars. (2.3K for $20, 1.1K for $10 and 500 for $5 plus the 400 free =4,300).​

Also:

Players can return up to 30 recent purchases to Tess within 15 minutes of purchase for a full refund of your Silver.​

BUT! The "returns" page at Tess says "consumable items are nonreturnable.""

stb

It was.

You're right, at this point it's very punitive to change the Black Hammer. Just created more hassle than anything else. They could have changed all future drops and vendor versions easily.

I edited my previous post, but it was after the new page, so here it is for the new page:

Another frustration from the Spindle nerf reinforcing the notion of an out of touch live team is that it lands on the same day as microtransactions to fund stuff done by that same team.

"Hey guyz, like the Spindle nerf? LOL. P.S. Plz give us monees to fund more stuff! We have our fingers on the pulse of the game!"

don't even need to play IB day one. buff is auto so just start later in the week with a train and easy rank 5.

Yeah. I am going to jump on for a bit when I get home while I wait for my usual Reset group. I just want to check it out and see how things are shaking out with Y2 weapons in 2.0

I have a few different weapons I've been waiting to try out in IB and trials.

Yeah, don't get why LT was banned - unless it was for another thread.

Probably this post before he edited it.

Emotes have 15 minutes to be returned. That's pretty nice. I'd like to see that feature rolled into every Vendor purchase. Maybe lower the time and put a restriction on it like if you leave The Tower/The Reef then it's permanent?

Just.. something to prevent accidental purchases.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
So now that IB gear costs legendary marks, is there anything that glimmer is actually used (needed) for? Seems like glimmer is being phased out as a relevant currency.

E92 M3

Short term ban. Good. These emotes and nerfs have real emotions running high. Let cooler heads prevail, GAF. Luke is likely lurking with gritted teeth but taking it in. (Hopefully)

Did we hear from Hawkian? Team No Fun assemble for later? Raid or IB? We could always wafer?

I'm sure Luke knew about these changes, just there is some dumb bureaucracy going on at Bungie.

Probably this post before he edited it.

Emotes have 15 minutes to be returned. That's pretty nice. I'd like to see that feature rolled into every Vendor purchase. Maybe lower the time and put a restriction on it like if you leave The Tower/The Reef then it's permanent?

Just.. something to prevent accidental purchases.

Ah - hopefully it's a couple day ban at most.

Im just catching up with the last 15 pages and im already mystified at the rage over the weapon parts nerf. I havent played nearly as much as most folks around here (dont think i have passed the 500 hour mark) and i have weapon parts flowing out of all my orifices. I dont understand it i guess.

The economy nerf in general kinda sucks though.

X-Frame

Titans!

I require impressions on how awesome No Backup Plans are in the Crucible!

Use something like The Chaperone or Invective.

NBP really should almost revolutionize the Defender class in PvP.

Lord Saladin's Iron Banner gear breakdown from Reddit:

ksdNyKf.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3om5gi/iron_banner_megathread_october_part_i/

th3dude

Im just catching up with the last 15 pages and im already mystified at the rage over the weapon parts nerf. I havent played nearly as much as most folks around here (dont think i have passed the 500 hour mark) and i have weapon parts flowing out of all my orifices. I dont understand it i guess.

The economy nerf in general kinda sucks though.

Depends on what you do in Destiny.

I favor the Crucible and I'm almost always at 0 weapons parts.

Kyne

So now that IB gear costs legendary marks, is there anything that glimmer is actually used (needed) for? Seems like glimmer is being phased out as a relevant currency.

shaders and emblems are 1k each.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaays everyone just take a breath.

Titans!

I require impressions on how awesome No Backup Plans are in the Crucible!

Use something like The Chaperone or Invective.

NBP really should almost revolutionize the Defender class in PvP.

these are the real questions. SOMEONE JUST TELL ME IF THE OVERSHIELD PROCS ON SHOTGUN KILLS. BOTH IN PVE AND PVP.

SOMEONE.

ANYONE.

Lnkn52

I know alot of changes are being placed today onto one of our favorite games. Please be mindful that we are a community and we all share the same likes, but we are also human beings and have our differences.

GAF has given us the opportunity to share these views but they also share the right to restrict those if it gets heated.

On that note, let's continue to discuss in a proper and mature way. LT shares his view:

LtWood said:
Sorry for being a jerk guys, and especially to you Traveler. You were just expressing your opinion and I was an asshole. It was wrong, and I'm sorry. Love this game, and even more so the community we have here. I want to be a positive part of this place, and I've failed to do that today. Liquid, Puma, & Ape I am passing all R&B duties onto you in these dark days.

Keep it civil Guardians

Lnkn out (Deej out, ha)

I am probably one of five people who is way more excited about getting that IB sidearm more than the pulse rifle. It looks pretty sharp. I love sidearms, just waiting for them to get that long needed buff....it will happen at some point right guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom