• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Holy shit you can just spend 2 minutes to relevel the spindle. Nothing happened move along.

Damage ratings only matter up to 300 anyway.

Well for Oryx at 300 light damage up to 310 does more damage. I believe it's 10 attack over level that matters. But yeah it doesn't matter very much.

stb

It's all the more infuriating because they've been doing so many things right. I knew the Spindle nerf was coming, so thankfully I've got a 310 1kYS. But all this did was suck fun out of the game. Black Spindle was one of the coolest things to ever happen in the game, AND everyone was talking about it for a couple of weeks.

This is the only thing that bothers me about it. There was so much good will from the Spindle popping up unannounced, the high light level, etc. It just seems really short sighted of them to fixate on "fixing" it, when they shoulda just written it off as "bank error in your favor".

Someone's quote of something akin to burning ALL the goodwill from TTK is obviously hyperbole, but it makes me sad for ANY of the goodwill from TTK to be burned.

It's also ineffectual. It just makes it formality to relay that 310 around to other items to-reinfuse a spindle to 310 if they want, and all the "damage" of infusing other specials to 300 via the kiosk is done and not reverted by the patch. So they waste some goodwill, and give the 1%ers a chore to do. Makes no sense.

I've said it before, but it's stuff like this that really undermines the "we're players, too!" stuff. I don't doubt they play their own game, but if anyone at Bungie is "the 1% of the 1%", they clearly have no authority over there.

Weapon parts and strange coin nerfing also seems unnecessary.

Mupod

Man i just got the Taikonaut helmet on my titan. Super useful. All rockets track their targets now. Fucking nice. Ugly helmet though.

I've been using it with the vendor FWC rocket. The added radar works out nicely because that thing handles like a bus on your shoulder and you don't have time to snap aim it. And it's so fast with such huge blast radius you hardly notice the grenades and horseshoes nerf.

E92 M3

This is the only thing that bothers me about it. There was so much good will from the Spindle popping up unannounced, the high light level, etc. It just seems really short sighted of them to fixate on "fixing" it, when they shoulda just written it off as "bank error in your favor".

Someone's quote of something akin to burning ALL the goodwill from TTK is obviously hyperbole, but it makes me sad for ANY of the goodwill from TTK to be burned.

It's also ineffectual. It just makes it formality to relay that 310 around to other items to-reinfuse a spindle to 310 if they want, and all the "damage" of infusing other specials to 300 via the kiosk is done and not reverted by the patch. So they waste some goodwill, and give the 1%ers a chore to do. Makes no sense.

I've said it before, but it's stuff like this that really undermines the "we're players, too!" stuff. I don't doubt they play their own game, but if anyone at Bungie is "the 1% of the 1%", they clearly have no authority over there.

Luke Smith plays this game a shit ton and has a ton of authority at Bungie, but unfortunately he is not managing the Live team it seems. Look at how brilliant TTK turned out - that is under Luke's and Mark's guidance.

Shito

Yeah, that's a well put version of my own opinion there.
I'm not really "pissed" about those, just kinda disappointed, and I think it's a good thing to express our discontent.

I've been using it with the vendor FWC rocket. The added radar works out nicely because that thing handles like a bus on your shoulder and you don't have time to snap aim it. And it's so fast with such huge blast radius you hardly notice the grenades and horseshoes nerf.

Yeah now i just need a decent rocket launcher.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I can't believe there's this much anger over the black spindle fix that was announced weeks ago. I know this is GAF and all, so things can be taken to the extreme, but come on! The gun is as good today as it was yesterday.

Anyway, let's focus on getting some IB trains going. I can only watch until I leave work in 2 hours :(

EL CUCO

They replaced shot package on all my god tier Y1 shotguns with Surrounded!
QeoEn3Y.jpg

I knew it was coming :)

WipedOut

I can't believe there's this much anger over the black spindle fix that was announced weeks ago. I know this is GAF and all, so things can be taken to the extreme, but come on! The gun is as good today as it was yesterday.

Anyway, let's focus on getting some IB trains going. I can only watch until I leave work in 2 hours :(

While I think they should have just left the ones we have alone and made the kiosk version 280 I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. My new spindle is already back up to 304.

stb

Luke Smith plays this game a shit ton and has a ton of authority at Bungie, but unfortunately he is not managing the Live team it seems. Look at how brilliant TTK turned out - that is under Luke's and Mark's guidance.

I hoped it was obvious that I was talking about the patch, but that's a fair clarification.

Ultimately, though, it's sad if Luke and Co. do great work and plant a beautiful garden if an ignorant live team (EDIT: which we're now funding!) comes along and stomps the flowers.

The Spindle nerf is punitive and nonsensical. It tarnishes the fuzzy feelings people had from the event only to cause a minor inconvenience to restore it back to 310. The whole thing should have been a 5 minute conversation in their daily stand-up meeting to arrive at the decision to not do anything to "legacy" spindles, but fix the drop and kiosk going forward.

Deku Tree

With 330s in the DB I think that I'm gonna hold off on infusing anymore and just look for ideal perks until we get further info... My levels are currently high enough to do everything that we have seen so far.

RE rerolling exotics ... I don't like how they keep changing the rules of the game without warning... Feels like they're trying to get us to expend resources and then giving us new reasons to expend more resources on the same thing.... Good thing perks aren't really crucial for anything in the game anyway.

Does Lord Saladin sell new shaders, or are they still the Year 1 shaders? I'm not at home yet, so I can't check for myself.

EDIT: Bungie.net is working now, so I can see that they're still the same shaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom