• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the disappointment from Black Spindle, but we all knew this was coming for two weeks now. Why all the rage now?

i think the disappointment comes from the guys who tried to be smartest then bungie and infused the "collection" version of it to 310 thinking it would be free of the nerf.

flkraven

As of now, they are not talking about raising the level cap and it might pertain to something else. Honestly don't think they will let RNG be the deciding factor for people wanting to do heroic raid. Otherwise we will be back to the same old #forever29 meme.

Yup:

The Forever 29 meme isn't an apt comparison at all. And everytime someone stretches to trying to make it, I shake my head.

Raid final boss isn't 310 (so you aren't pushing against something you can't attain), and so there's no meaningful progression content above 300 for you right now so being 307 or 308 in week 2 doesn't really matter in terms of power (vertical) progression.

The max Light value for content currently in the game is 300, once you've crossed that threshold, you can climb all of the mountains currently on your horizon.

Forever 29 isn't apt...for now

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know alot of changes are being placed today onto one of our favorite games. Please be mindful that we are a community and we all share the same likes, but we are also human beings and have our differences.

GAF has given us the opportunity to share these views but they also share the right to restrict those if it gets heated.

On that note, let's continue to discuss in a proper and mature way. LT shares his view:

Keep it civil Guardians

Lnkn out (Deej out, ha)
That's a very mature and thoughtful response by LT. Respect.

Deku Tree

As of now, they are not talking about raising the level cap and it might pertain to something else. Honestly don't think they will let RNG be the deciding factor for people wanting to do heroic raid. Otherwise we will be back to the same old #forever29 meme.

Most people were around 290 the week the raid came out so RNG was as much a factor at raid launch as it would be at hard raid launch if the raid started at 310 and scaled up to 320.

If it's 310 the whole way through and drops 310 gear then it will be harder for people to get to 310 because they need a 310 piece in each slot.

If it's 310 and then 320 at Oryx and drops 320+ gear then people will get to the sweet spot 310-320 range much quicker.

IDK this is just a guess though... I wish they would give us more info on the hard raid soon. It's already been too long.

Then what do you think about the full collection of 330 Exotics that Bungie let us all see in the Armory today?

Maybe exotics will give us a boost over legendaries like they used to?

Would make getting past that 300 barrier a little easier for people who cant raid much. Or to adress your other point, it would make reaching 310 not require a complete raid set.

Frostburn

thy black swindle has caused dgaf to lose one of our own... forever lost in the dark corners of time

I'm with him on being upset. I understand changing the kiosk but if people took one from the kiosk and then infused it with raid weapons and the like it is lame to loose that progress (As I did) They should have fixed it that same day or left it alone. Don't let it linger for weeks and then go in and mess with people's weapons. Yea it wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done in Destiny but it wasn't easy that first week either. Own up to your own mistakes Bungie, don't punish players for your errors.

While I'm on a bit of a negative post, had an enjoyable King's Fall raid earlier today. Rewards for entire raid: 303 boots from Golgoroth (Had 304 boots equipped already) and Moldering Shards for the rest of the raid including double roll on Oryx.

Fun raid still but throw a bone at those of us running it every week, only way to level gear is to get those raid drops once we hit 300 (Besides getting random lucky 310 exotics)

Sidearms need full auto so badly. just give it a chance for that roll~

I think the entire sidearm class should have quickdraw and snapshot built in. It is wasted perk slots and sidearms should inherently be very quick on the draw and aim. That is why they are a side...arm. The damage they deal probably only needs a tiny bit of tweaking to make them super useful. Adding some more unique perks would go a long way to make sidearms much more interesting and useful. Full auto perk is definitely one that would get a lot of people excited. I think headseeker would work for sidearms as well, and I am not sure if it rolls on sidearms atm. I would also love to see an exotic side arm that is two pistols at once, where they are two different elementals at once. That shit would be dooooooooooooooooooope.

shermas

play, IB for a while, go kill draksis (with a 3oC), back to IB, back to draksis, etc. Not a bad day.

The IB weapons for sale are crap, yessssss? edit: missed the perks. might be okay. the sidearm is a do not buy for me.

rNilla

I think the entire sidearm class should have quickdraw and snapshot built in. It is a wasted perk slots and sidearms should inherently be very quick on the draw and aim. That is why they are a side...arm. The damage they deal probably only needs a tiny bit of tweaking to make them super useful. Adding some more unique perks would go a long way to make sidearms much more interesting and useful. Full auto perk is definitely one that would get a lot of people excited. I think headseeker would work for sidearms as well, and I am not sure if it rolls on sidearms atm. I would also love to see an exotic side arm that is two pistols at once, where they are two different elementals at once. That shit would be dooooooooooooooooooope.
Exotic sidearm hopes!

I'm glad that a 10 light level difference is basically 0 advantage. It would be unfair if the people that got the RNG blessing of 310s from the raid had a massive advantage at the poor souls with 300-302 drops.

i think its dumb--completely defeats the purpose of these modes

the standard crucible playlist introduces parity for a reason--why do that in IB/Trials? These are modes meant for the hardcore.

Shito

i think the disappointment comes from the guys who tried to be smartest then bungie and infused the "collection" version of it to 310 thinking it would be free of the nerf.
Infused my 310 into my stillpiercer and bought as many 300 kiosk versions I could to make my other secondaries 300 the first day they announced the bug, yet I'm still disappointed. ^^
Not making a fuss about it though, I just find it stupid even if it doesn't really affect me.

E92 M3

If it's 310 the whole way through and drops 310 gear then it will be harder for people to get to 310 because they need a 310 piece in each slot.

If it's 310 and then 320 at Oryx and drops 320+ gear then people will get to the 310-320 range much quicker.

IDK this is just a guess though... I wish they would give us more info on the hard raid soon. It's already been too long.

The difference between 305 and 310 is relatively marginal (the whole point of the light system) and making Oryx 320 will be killer for people that have bad luck with rolls. It will completely go against everything Bungie is trying to achieve.

That's where I'm hedging my bets.

I believe people in your exact scenario were infusing crap legendaries to 308 so they could dump them back into their spindle post nerf

I did that with my 1000 yard stare, but I figured a Spindle bought from a blueprint and infused to a higher level would be alright. I was wrong.

I know alot of changes are being placed today onto one of our favorite games. Please be mindful that we are a community and we all share the same likes, but we are also human beings and have our differences.

GAF has given us the opportunity to share these views but they also share the right to restrict those if it gets heated.

On that note, let's continue to discuss in a proper and mature way. LT shares his view:

Keep it civil Guardians

Lnkn out (Deej out, ha)

Whats R and B duties? i want to make sure I hold up my end.

Deku Tree

The difference between 305 and 310 is relatively marginal (the whole point of the light system) and making Oryx 320 will be killer for people that have bad luck with rolls. It will completely go against everything Bungie is trying to achieve.

That's where I'm hedging my bets.

If your light level doesn't drastically reduce bomb damage then I don't see it as being such a big deal.

Not sure about the bolded part. Anyway no point in arguing about speculation, I just wanted to post my guess.

flkraven

i think its dumb--completely defeats the purpose of these modes

the standard crucible playlist introduces parity for a reason--why do that in IB/Trials? These are modes meant for the hardcore.

But what is so hardcore about someone that was blessed by RNG jesus and got armor/damage drops a few points higher than someone else? It's already gated for the hardcore, since non-40s can't play, and people under 260 light will be pretty disadvantaged.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Uninstalled the game. Death by a thousand cuts for me with these stupid changes. More grind for no reason, the awfully communicated Spindle nerf (Deej's / Bungie's approach to communication with players in general), the optics of it all are so bad. It's a straight-up abusive relationship. I just wanna play the game that's there, because it's fun. I don't want to grind for weapon parts, which I was already constantly out of. I'm out.

SkylineRKR

One win, 5 losses with randoms. I give up for today.

But the bounties are pretty decent. Only need 13 ish special weapon kills and about 20 primary kills. And Rank 4. And 6 wins lol.

I understand the disappointment from Black Spindle, but we all knew this was coming for two weeks now. Why all the rage now?

I don't care about the Spindle nerf that much, that's manageable, but nerfing the drop rate on motes, coins and weapon parts makes no sense.

I'm currently swiming in armor materials, but I have less than 100 weapon parts.

I would be ok with this nerf if they introduced a trade between armor materials and weapon parts. That way if you have too much of one and almost none of the other, you can always trade.

But making the grind harder is just a pain in the ass.

What was that fairly new ipad app that everyone was raving about a couple of weeks ago? Anyone remember?

It was a loadouts type app if I remember right...described as beautiful, fast, smooth

E92 M3

If your light level doesn't drastically reduce bomb damage then I don't see it as being such a big deal.

Not sure about the bolded part. Anyway no point in arguing about speculation, I just wanted to post my guess.

Exactly, at this point we're just speculating. Let's hope for the best.

Infused my 310 into my stillpiercer and bought as many 300 kiosk versions I could to make my other secondaries 300 the first day they announced the bug, yet I'm still disappointed. ^^
Not making a fuss about it though, I just find it stupid even if it doesn't really affect me.

did exactly the same! and i stored like 2 fusion rifles and a sniper from raid to infuse back my spindle, but some people just cant wait, can they?

PuMa

Uninstalled the game. Death by a thousand cuts for me with these stupid changes. More grind for no reason, the awfully communicated Spindle nerf (Deej's / Bungie's approach to communication with players in general), the optics of it all are so bad. It's a straight-up abusive relationship. I just wanna play the game that's there, because it's fun. I don't want to grind for weapon parts, which I was already constantly out of. I'm out.

It's really not that bad. Economy changes are unfortunate, but not game-breaking. Spindle nerf is not a surpise. They did tell us this is what they were doing. It's a shame so many people were still unaware though.

Deku Tree

>Increased the number of potential Shards and added additional materials in the first King's Fall chest

>Blighted Light explosion size has been changed to encompass the entire Arena

Did anyone figure out exactly what these two patch notes points mean exactly in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom