• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

New IB shotgun? Perks/stats?

Anyone know what the new IB sniper is like? Efrideet's was my favorite sniper in the game for PVE

the only drops that will come as rewards are the ones Saladin is selling.

edit for sort of top of page:

maxresdefault.jpg

does overshield proc on shotgun kills?

y/n

pls

phen0m24

Lol more like...

OT◇35|The Black Swindle that everyone was told about yet chose to ignore

;-p

Yeah but it wasn't clear though. I infused my 310. I bought 2 others and didn't infuse with them. Now I can't. Bummer.

But whatevs. It doesn't hurt me because I'm a weapon part hoarder. Also I like patrol, so I pick up coins and motes quite often. I think they (and when I say "They" I mean you, Luke) need to use surveys or ask opinions before rolling out this cra- I mean stuff.

I don't know why people were looking forward to Iron Banner. It's literally Destiny PvP at its lowest point; insane lag, terrible teammates if you're playing solo, opponents spamming shotguns like cowards, it's insufferable. I want the pulse rifle and the hunter cloak so I must endure. Trials is immensely superior.

Is this confirmed?

I didn't read it that way. Here's today's patch notes.
End-of-match rewards now include both weapons and armor (including items available on Lord Saladin)​

but then there this from what I'm assuming is last week or two weeks ago's update:

bungie update:
Potential match completion rewards now include both weapons and armor, matching the same items available from Lord Saladin during each event.​

So as PSA it's probably a good idea to NOT expend all your resources grinding as hard as you can from 300-310 or 305-310. It's useless for all of the current content including Trials and IB, and your probably going to need those resources to grind to the higher levels with the new 330 exotics etc.

Yep. I'm gonna try and finish off Oryx today and I'm done running the full raid for a while. No point in chasing max light at any point tbh. You'd figure we'd learn this after a year. I'm to the point after today where I realize all the time I put into this game isn't worth much in the long run in its world.

Get max level exotics? Here comes an level increase that makes your current gear shit.

Get a cool gun you like? Max level? It was a mistake. -20 points.

We added a cool new function to the gunsmith where he sells you guns every week. Want to level said guns up to try them out? You'll need weapon parts for that. BTW did we mention we are nerfing the amount you can get even more?

Strange coins? Who needs 'em? Let's nerf those too because surely everyone has thousands in the bank right?

Now don't get it twisted I'm not mad I'm just genuinely befuddled by a lot of these decisions. My play time is about to start tapering off...

Afrocious

Yeah but it wasn't clear though. I infused my 310. I bought 2 others and didn't infuse with them. Now I can't. Bummer.

But whatevs. It doesn't hurt me because I'm a weapon part hoarder. Also I like patrol, so I pick up coins and motes quite often. I think they (and when I say "They" I mean you, Luke) need to use surveys or ask opinions before rolling out this cra- I mean stuff.

Agreed. I'm actually surprised that I've never heard of Bungie asking for input.

I didn't read it that way:
End-of-match rewards now include both weapons and armor (including items available on Lord Saladin)​

but then there this:

bungie update:
Potential match completion rewards now include both weapons and armor, matching the same items available from Lord Saladin during each event.​

What the fuck

How hard is it to say "The only potential rewards are the same ones that Saladin is dropping during an event"

So it's pointless to really play Iron Banner until something you want comes up?

What the fuck

How hard is it to say "The only potential rewards are the same ones that Saladin is dropping during an event"

What's the point of gear dropping if the only thing dropping is what you can buy? I'm hoping it's everything.

Kyne

What the fuck

correct.

unless you're like me and want the entire set.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What's the point of gear dropping if the only thing dropping is what you can buy? I'm hoping it's everything.

this will never happen. Bungie wants you to log on to Destiny as much as possible. What you just hoped for is literally the opposite of what they are trying to do.

phen0m24

Yep. I'm gonna try and finish off Oryx today and I'm done running the full raid for a while. No point in chasing max light at any point tbh. You'd figure we'd learn this after a year. I'm to the point after today where I realize all the time I put into this game isn't worth much in the long run in its world.

Get max level exotics? Here comes an level increase that makes your current gear shit.

Get a cool gun you like? Max level? It was a mistake. -20 points.

We added a cool new function to the gunsmith where he sells you guns every week. Want to level said guns up to try them out? You'll need weapon parts for that. BTW did we mention we are nerfing the amount you can get even more?

Strange coins? Who needs 'em? Let's nerf those too because surely everyone has thousands in the bank right?

Now don't get it twisted I'm not mad I'm just genuinely befuddled by a lot of these decisions. My play time is about to start tapering off...

This is a very well thought-out post and perspective.

I'm calling you Robertel in my head now though and I blame Puma

I'm sure you have to be a certain rank, but it would be hilarious to load up an IB match and have the pulse drop after the first match.

Dueces for the rest of the week, lol.

The nerf of coins/motes/weapon parts make absolutely no sense. Already hard to come by as it was already. Now I have a Titan and Warlock that have no more PVE quests to do for marks/coins/motes.

Feels like they screwed with something just to screw with something to come back later and fix it back to its original state.

Coins and motes were not hard to come by. They were way too easy to get. I'm not surprised they changed it. They were becoming trivial.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hah had loads of credit on my XBL Singapore account when I got loads of codes cheap. I'll use that for some silver and I'll be rich.

Afrocious

Just read the update notes. I'm not seeing what's so different now, but I'm away from my PS4 until I get off work in 15 minutes.

Yeah, the spindle got its attack value dropped. It shouldn't matter at all as long as you're still at 300 light if it's equipped right? Because of that, I'm not worried. Besides, the spindle isn't my cup of tea for a sniper rifle.

Kinda confused about people trying to figure out if they want to play Banner or not. Is Saladin not selling all the Banner gear at once? If you want something, don't see why you wouldn't play.

Also, how much is the Carlton?

SnakeEyes

Banned
- Wake up this morning, see Polygon article about microtransaction pricing structure.
- See "Rare" and "Legendary" emote separation. Instantly start worrying.
- See that we get 400 Silver free.
- Then see that the "Carlton" is a Legendary, and is 500 Silver.

Real clever, Bungie/Activision.

Just read the update notes. I'm not seeing what's so different now, but I'm away from my PS4 until I get off work in 15 minutes.

Yeah, the spindle got its attack value dropped. It shouldn't matter at all as long as you're still at 300 light if it's equipped right? Because of that, I'm not worried. Besides, the spindle isn't my cup of tea for a sniper rifle.

Kinda confused about people trying to figure out if they want to play Banner or not. Is Saladin not selling all the Banner gear at once? If you want something, don't see why you wouldn't play.

Also, how much is the Carlton?

Apparently you can only get current event drops from post matches, as in only what he sells for that week.

It's one way to milk the mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom