• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I do not trust randoms to win in Rift.

At least in Control the risk is mitigated a little

And you trust them in Control? lol

Love watching teammates push in and flip spawns.

It's because rift is a hot dumpster fire. :p

The entire PVP is a dumpster fire outside of Trials, and even that is completely dependent on the map. Just saying, with Rift, one or two people can actually control a game. In Control, you're completely helpless as you watch bad players capture points they shouldn't be capping, pushing into spawn areas, or flat out just not capturing points.

X-Frame

I'm positively giddy at the thought of running my Defender tonight.

• I can't decide between Armor of Light bubble, Red Death and Immobius OR
  • Weapons of Light and Invective. Two bursting with my fast rate of fire Pulse Rifle and Full-auto max range shotgun coming at you when I have War Machine and 300 health?
Also, this is your periodic reminder not to challenge Defenders: Stay the Fuck Out of My Bubble

I vote for Weapons of Light + Illuminated. 35% damage bonus if I remember correctly? Will a Chaperone body shot one-hit kill another player with that active? Yikes if true. War Machine plus The Roadborn also should just be silly in terms of handling and reload.

Intellect + Strength build for PvP and PvE just got a whole lot more powerful.

Defenders Unite!

Tecnniqe

Banned
So Conspiracy shotgun. First time really using it after months of Matador/Party Crasher.

FgkBtQu.gif

Yeah i switched to mine, it got uber shit rolls but do the trick

Deku Tree

I do not trust randoms to win in Rift.

At least in Control the risk is mitigated a little

Give me a Bladedancer with blink and I basically solo'd rift for my team in yesterday's daily.

The problem is that Rift would be too easy for full fireteams vs non full fireteams.

Rift is simple to win. Guard the spark spawn and pick up the spark and you win.

If you have Blink then you can blink through their whole teams defenses over and over to dunk.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Grieve taunt is so good haha.

Edit: Umm all day I've only got strikes for Mars. Dust Palace and Cerberus Vae III.

I vote for Weapons of Light + Illuminated. 35% damage bonus if I remember correctly? Will a Chaperone body shot one-hit kill another player with that active? Yikes if true. War Machine plus The Roadborn also should just be silly in terms of handling and reload.

Intellect + Strength build for PvP and PvE just got a whole lot more powerful.

Defenders Unite!

It's been a long, trying year. But now it's our time.

giphy.gif

Edit: Body shot damage of Chaperone is 183..........

EL CUCO

WTH is "Enthusiastic" Dance? They couldn't atleast be creative with the name?

Pre order cancelled.

Looks like it's gonna be the Homerun emote for me.

kiguel182

Yep. I'm gonna try and finish off Oryx today and I'm done running the full raid for a while. No point in chasing max light at any point tbh. You'd figure we'd learn this after a year. I'm to the point after today where I realize all the time I put into this game isn't worth much in the long run in its world.

Get max level exotics? Here comes an level increase that makes your current gear shit.

Get a cool gun you like? Max level? It was a mistake. -20 points.

We added a cool new function to the gunsmith where he sells you guns every week. Want to level said guns up to try them out? You'll need weapon parts for that. BTW did we mention we are nerfing the amount you can get even more?

Strange coins? Who needs 'em? Let's nerf those too because surely everyone has thousands in the bank right?

Now don't get it twisted I'm not mad I'm just genuinely befuddled by a lot of these decisions. My play time is about to start tapering off...

This Black Spindle business really rubbed me the wrong way. It's just bullshit and really not needed at all. It just hurts your players that worked for that gun.

It's souring me on the game right now.

So am I right in saying the only way for me to get a Red Death is to either wait for a legacy engram, or grind Crota/VoG? It won't drop from engrams no?

well the master chief collection is still the steamiest pile of shit so ever so it looks like i'll be hopping back on destiny in a bit. probably just going to do nightfall though.

Gordon

Drop bubbles on dudes and blast them=no ammo used with Immobius

I'm more curious of the PvE use more so than PvP
I really want to get 5 titans set up on golgoroth and see how it does. Have a nightstalker grab gaze and shoot him with a bow - so goooood. Only issue would be if it requires you to use your own bubble to get the ammo discount.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yep. I'm gonna try and finish off Oryx today and I'm done running the full raid for a while. No point in chasing max light at any point tbh. You'd figure we'd learn this after a year. I'm to the point after today where I realize all the time I put into this game isn't worth much in the long run in its world.

Get max level exotics? Here comes an level increase that makes your current gear shit.

Get a cool gun you like? Max level? It was a mistake. -20 points.

We added a cool new function to the gunsmith where he sells you guns every week. Want to level said guns up to try them out? You'll need weapon parts for that. BTW did we mention we are nerfing the amount you can get even more?

Strange coins? Who needs 'em? Let's nerf those too because surely everyone has thousands in the bank right?

Now don't get it twisted I'm not mad I'm just genuinely befuddled by a lot of these decisions. My play time is about to start tapering off...
luke definitely said NOT to worry about light level 310 weeks ago.

well the master chief collection is still the steamiest pile of shit so ever so it looks like i'll be hopping back on destiny in a bit. probably just going to do nightfall though.

Is it seriously still that bad? Thought it had gotten fixed in the past couple months. If you post that on a halo mcc thread these days you'll get called out for concern trolling and not actually playing the game lol.

kiguel182

And why is IB gear only 280? It's like the raid becomes the only way to progress again and people who can't run it every week or 3x a week get shafted.

Ugh.

I don't understand what some of you are doing with your weapon parts. If there had been a 25% reduction from the start I would only have 750 instead of the 1000 that I have. I had to go look to see what they're even used for because I pay no attention to them.

The one that's going to hurt me is the strange coins. I liked using them to buy a bunch of 3oC then using those throughout the week when I'm bored.

X-Frame

It's been a long, trying year. But now it's our time.

giphy.gif

Edit: Body shot damage of Chaperone is 183..........

Hell yeah!

And yup, even without Illuminated a 183 Chaperone body shot turns into 228 damage (rounded down) if that is how it's calculated with the 25% damage bonus. Don't even need Illuminated then just to one-shot everyone that gets relatively close, wow.

Lee

Halo 5 feels so good, but I promised myself after the MCC debacle that I wasn't giving any more money to 343. I'm so torn.

And you trust them in Control? lol

Love watching teammates push in and flip spawns.

The entire PVP is a dumpster fire outside of Trials, and even that is completely dependent on the map. Just saying, with Rift, one or two people can actually control a game. In Control, you're completely helpless as you watch bad players capture points they shouldn't be capping, pushing into spawn areas, or flat out just not capturing points.

Rift can be just as bad if randoms pull the spark and don't run with any strategy. The bigger issue with rift though is the way the spawns can be camped so heavily allowing for a coordinated team of campers to dominate.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't understand what some of you are doing with your weapon parts. If there had been a 25% reduction from the start I would only have 750 instead of the 1000 that I have. I had to go look to see what they're even used for because I pay no attention to them.

The one that's going to hurt me is the strange coins. I liked using them to buy a bunch of 3oC then using those throughout the week when I'm bored.

I have 1200 weapon parts. And that's with me having quit the game for 5 months. I have no idea how people are so low.

Yeah the Enthusiastic "Carlton" Dance stinks. Movement is just way to fast. Definitely not what I was hoping for. Did pick up the slow clap if only because I had GS Power Up pts just sitting around from when I traded my PS4 in for the the TTK Bundle.

Gordon

I keep feeding them to DO/FWC when I get desperate for a fix drop.

Sullichin

I don't know why people were looking forward to Iron Banner. It's literally Destiny PvP at its lowest point; insane lag, terrible teammates if you're playing solo, opponents spamming shotguns like cowards, it's insufferable. I want the pulse rifle and the hunter cloak so I must endure. Trials is immensely superior.

For all the complaining I can do I have a ton of fun every Iron Banner. It's kind of a shit show but you generally get better games than normal Crucible, really. Or at least more people who give a shit about winning.

Trials is awesome but setting aside hours at a time to play with a group kinda seeps my enjoyment out of the game. I like to play a couple of matches, take a quick break and come back.. when I do trials I'm glued to my chair for the whole passage card.

Yeah the Enthusiastic "Carlton" Dance stinks. Movement is just way to fast. Definitely not what I was hoping for. Did pick up the slow clap if only because I had GS Power Up pts just sitting around from when I traded my PS4 in for the the TTK Bundle.
Yep i agree. They could have done it better. Won't be buying it. Slow clap on the other hand...

I keep feeding them to DO/FWC when I get desperate for a fix drop.
I didn't realize you could do that. You get rep for them? Meh. Cool that it's there as an option if you care about that I guess.

I have 1200 weapon parts. And that's with me having quit the game for 5 months. I have no idea how people are so low.
High five! I also quit for around 5 months.

kiguel182

IB gear has never been top tier. Trials will most likely have good gear.

You had ascendant shards that helped put you at 34.

It's a one month event, it could have some better stats. It could be 300 and Trials 310.

I mean, you need 290 for trials and IB not even helps you there.

Lee

Trading in for faction rep or infusing and upgrading weapons.

The issue is that they used to be in abundance. The old raids dropped guns like candy, so did crucible, trials, strikes, just playing, etc., and noone needed these guns because you already had them or they weren't as good as the ones you had thanks to rerolling, also upgrades didn't take many weapon parts, so people had thousands.

Year two comes, and you can trade them for faction rep. I have thousands, why not, right? So you do that, and your stockpile is gone, and now you (a) don't get as many guns to drop, (b) many guns are better infused than dismantled, which takes a lot of weapon parts and gives you back none, (c) you can't reroll, so it's safer to hold on to guns you used to dismantle until people figure out what works and what doesn't, and (d) we're all starting from scratch, so we need to upgrade everything.

In another month or so, it won't be as bad, but they're definitely the most common bottleneck for me. I'm constantly running out right now. So it's a bit annoying for Bungie to reduce the drop rate with no explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom