• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least three of us have lost our whole collection in a matter of seconds by having the cursor a bit off when using motes to level stuff. Others really like to max weapons to see if that weapon and perk configuration works well with their playstyle. Just because you have a lot doesn't mean that is not a real issue for some.

Tons of fun shit to play with, but having 12 parts right now is limiting what I can do.
Right sorry didn't mean to sound like I did. I was actually curious what people were doing to have little to none. Pretty much any nerf to the economy is bullshit and anti fun/player imo.

And yes they absolutely need to fix the discarding issue. How ridiculous that you can lose everything like that so quickly.

MrDaravon

Yep. I'm gonna try and finish off Oryx today and I'm done running the full raid for a while. No point in chasing max light at any point tbh. You'd figure we'd learn this after a year. I'm to the point after today where I realize all the time I put into this game isn't worth much in the long run in its world.

Get max level exotics? Here comes an level increase that makes your current gear shit.

Get a cool gun you like? Max level? It was a mistake. -20 points.

We added a cool new function to the gunsmith where he sells you guns every week. Want to level said guns up to try them out? You'll need weapon parts for that. BTW did we mention we are nerfing the amount you can get even more?

Strange coins? Who needs 'em? Let's nerf those too because surely everyone has thousands in the bank right?

Now don't get it twisted I'm not mad I'm just genuinely befuddled by a lot of these decisions. My play time is about to start tapering off...

A bit old but pretty much where I'm at. I don't fully agree with the max level thing since higher level loot was always the plan and will always be on the table, but on board with everything else. The economy nerf was super baffling and punitive to all but the most hardcore players (and even then a lot of those folks are posting in here talking about having sub-100 weapon parts etc), and it was super poor planning to have that AND the Spindle nerf both come on the same day as microtransactions, especially when the two most popular ones cost too much to buy with the freebie Silver. It's constantly two steps forward one step back with Bungie in both their messaging and handling of things, and how long it takes for these things to be handled.

As a slight tangent I'm also done Raiding now; my 3 Raids this morning got me my 50 Raids Grimoire finally (I switched platforms ~3 months ago) so I'm done there, and I'm sick of not only not getting shit in the Raid, but when I do it's 300-303 range at best. I've gotten a million weapons and almost all of them have been at 303 max, and it took my Titan 3 full Raids to get 2 armor pieces, one of which was 300. It's silly, and not much point in pushing it even further until HM or something else compelling comes out that really requires 300+ Light. They really need to address what can drop where in the Raid, what drops (Ghosts are far too rare, Helmets are as well but you can at least get 310 exotic helmets separately whereas there's no other venue for 300+ Ghosts) and the range it can drop at.

Wife is off tomorrow so I probably won't get to play much, but Thursday I plan on maybe doing my last nightfall, doing all the Armsday stuff and any other miscellaneous bounty stuff, then grinding out IB to get the pulse rifle because I hate myself. Once that's all done I think I'm done with the game for a while honestly, I feel like we're getting jerked around now.

Glitch? Please explain

IIRC you can glitch out under the map beneath the Warsat, and it considers you in the Warsat zone.

Zoidberg

LTTP: weapon parts, fuck. coins, fuck. No backup plans, early christmas. Reroll exotics, good, maybe - I bet those glass shards cost 5-10 strange coins.

After vowing to steer clear of PoE forever, it may end up being a common occurrence to duck in in order to keep a healthy amount of strange coins....

Did they fix the scope on spindles so it actually changes now? I forgot my spindle was a kiosk one that I brought up to 300, was expecting it to be 290 but it's now 280 :(

Lmao that feeling when you play a team of 5 sunbreakers who alternate supers so it feels like you constantly have a one shot tank up your ass.

Deku Tree

Do we know if the XLI: Dreadnaught fragment is glitched? I've spent hours trying to get it to drop from T2 in the Court, but I'm getting nothing. I would go for the Agnorach Rune but it's currently not working due to the whole fiasco over the weekend, apparently. I'm at 44 of 45 Fragments and as I cannot get the final T3 drop until next Tuesday, I'm stuck.

The fragments are not RNG. You need to use your own rune to get the fragment too. There are four boss combinations that give a unique fragment. If you don't get the one you need jump off the platform In the front to cancel the event, save your rune and try again later:

So for Tier 2 CoO you can get any combination of two Tier 1 encounters, but only four of those combinations can currently give you a calcified fragment? These four combos give fragments but I have done other tier 1 combos and not gotten a fragment:

39. XXXIX
Lookar and Vorlog
40. XL
Bracus Horu'usk and Cra'adug + Mengoor
41. XLI
Krughor and Cra'adug + Mengoor
42. XLII
Krughor and Vorlog

That's what I think that I am understanding from the Internet...

Then for Stolen runes I can buy them from Eris for 20 Black Wax Idols, or via dreadnaught chest RNG, or dropped from KF raid, or dropped from Tier 1 or 2 or 3 CoO.

I need five Stolen runes because I want to do all of the CoO fragments on my alts... But I don't want to grind RNG for them and I don't want to pay 100 Black Wax Idols either. Guess I have to wait...

Wish I could transfer some charged stolen runes from my Warlock.... So annoying that they block transfers once the rune is charged.

jaaz

I don't understand what some of you are doing with your weapon parts. If there had been a 25% reduction from the start I would only have 750 instead of the 1000 that I have. I had to go look to see what they're even used for because I pay no attention to them.

The one that's going to hurt me is the strange coins. I liked using them to buy a bunch of 3oC then using those throughout the week when I'm bored.

Simply put: Some of us like to upgrade and infuse many of the weapons Bungie spent so much time developing to try them out and see for ourselves if we like them, rather than dismantling them in seconds because they are not the established "meta". I also like to run around with a legendary and exotic of each weapon type because sometimes it's a scout rifle night and other times it's an auto rifle type of night. I am now forced to pick and choose between weapons I want to upgrade and infuse because trying not them out has caused me to have less than 100 weapon parts from a high of over a thousand, and Bungie has provided us with no way of getting more other than grinding for already rare weapon drops (compared to armor) that now will drop 1 weapon part (or none, possibly) per weapon.

Right sorry didn't mean to sound like I did. I was actually curious what people were doing to have little to none. Pretty much any nerf to the economy is bullshit and anti fun/player imo.

And yes they absolutely need to fix the discarding issue. How ridiculous that you can lose everything like that so quickly.

At least I didn't lose a whole character like xplicitone.

Lnkn52

Preparing to download ... 80%. This thing is slow and annoying :(

80% here as well lol

lxV6GYl.gif

daedalius

Is it seriously still that bad? Thought it had gotten fixed in the past couple months. If you post that on a halo mcc thread these days you'll get called out for concern trolling and not actually playing the game lol.

Its really not that bad, just played a bunch of games with a full group the other night.

Now if he is complaining about the quitting epidemic and/or terrible skill matching, then he is correct.

Oh Fuuuudge, I was trading in radiant shards for Motes and pushed the button 2x too many. Accidentally bought 2 Hunter Cloaks. I'm out 120 marks smh lol.

Afrocious

K this thing is almost done. Sorry for any hold ups.

What's the benefit of doing the harder strikes like Nightfall and Heroic over the normal and legacy?
is 3oC just as effective in normal strikes compared to the harder ones?

also, I'm kind of stuck on 290. Grinding strikes drops a ton of blues but nothing decrypts over 280. What should I be focusing on?

Raiding.

TheBear

What's the benefit of doing the harder strikes like Nightfall and Heroic over the normal and legacy?
is 3oC just as effective in normal strikes compared to the harder ones?

also, I'm kind of stuck on 290. Grinding strikes drops a ton of blues but nothing decrypts over 280. What should I be focusing on?

The fragments are not RNG. You need to use your own rune to get the fragment too. There are four boss combinations that give a unique fragment. If you don't get the one you need jump off the platform In the front to cancel the event, save your rune and try again later:

Yeah, that's the thing- I've done all the combinations multiple times. Or, I believe I have. I'm out of runes now so I suppose I'll take a bit of a break and hope that I was somehow just not getting lucky on the spawn.

Also, any Xbox One users not having achievements pop? I've been waiting on Taken War for half a week.

Deku Tree

Yeah, that's the thing- I've done all the combinations multiple times. Or, I believe I have. I'm out of runes now so I suppose I'll take a bit of a break and hope that I was somehow just not getting lucky on the spawn.

Also, any Xbox One users not having achievements pop? I've been waiting on Taken War for half a week.

Try doing this combination, one more time, while you are the summoner:

41. XLI
Krughor and Cra'adug + Mengoor

If that doesn't work then it's bugged for you.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
I just noticed on Destinystatus there's a new 5 point Grimoire for "Cathedral of Dusk"? Any ideas?

ha that's a place in David Mitchell's The Bone Clocks. looks like a new map in Destiny though.

"we are the Anchorites of the Dusk Chapel of the Blind Cathar”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom