• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Rift can be just as bad if randoms pull the spark and don't run with any strategy. The bigger issue with rift though is the way the spawns can be camped so heavily allowing for a coordinated team of campers to dominate.

That's Bungie's issue to fix though, the reluctance to add ranks or any kind of skill matching is the direct result of shit like that.

Sullichin

You had ascendant shards that helped put you at 34.

It's a one month event, it could have some better stats. It could be 300 and Trials 310.

I mean, you need 290 for trials and IB not even helps you there.

One month event? Do you mean ~once a month like it always has been?

Anyone have tips for farming solitron flares on the moon? I know the basic loop. I've also seen people once they find the coils leaving the area and coming back like the house of wolves chest with the keys. Just looking for an easier way. Not looking forward to farming for the next few hours to get the 9 more I need.

Just saw that the IB gear needs wormspore for upgrading. But the raid gear doesn't...LOL.

Also, the hunter and warlock IB boots have an extra PVP related perk that doesn't appear on the titan ones.

Afrocious

Anyone have tips for farming solitron flares on the moon? I know the basic loop. I've also seen people once they find the coils leaving the area and coming back like the house of wolves chest with the keys. Just looking for an easier way. Not looking forward to farming for the next few hours to get the 9 more I need.

Do the date change glitch.

That looks incredible, hopefully all of the Iron Banner sets look that good or better.

I will suffer through getting my ass beat in IB for that and the Pulse Rifle

Iron-Banner.jpg

They're all pretty decent, except for the Hunter class item.

Deku Tree

That's Bungie's issue to fix though, the reluctance to add ranks or any kind of skill matching is the direct result of shit like that.

Destiny already has hidden skill based matchmaking... it was directly mentioned in their IB power levels blog post today... It just doesn't have matchmaking that distinguishes between top 1% skill and top 0.01% skill.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Doing ToO weekly and spending 25k weekly on buying Brother Vance weapons and immediately sharding them is paying off big time, if today's posts are anything to go buy. Sitting on a stockpile of 2k weapon parts feels good.

I don't understand people burning through their stockpiles of stuff for faction rep - seems like a poor return on investment.

Has anybody had an IB drop yet? Are they all 280 or are they dropping at random numbers like engram drops?

They'll probably start from Rank 2. I'm guessing if we wait till monday to hand in the weekly bounties we'll only need to get to rank 3 3/4s then can leave it alone.

Take that Sunbreakers!

Might just be a bug on Bungie.net though, I haven't checked this in-game.

Also its an extra option in the last perk tier, not really an extra, extra perk.

Hunters have "Capture King" - "After capturing Control zones in Crucible matches, weapons and movement speeds are greatly increased"

Warlocks have "Second Wind" - "On respawn, weapon and movement speeds are greatly increased".

These will probably be random each IB.

I don't understand what some of you are doing with your weapon parts. If there had been a 25% reduction from the start I would only have 750 instead of the 1000 that I have. I had to go look to see what they're even used for because I pay no attention to them.

The one that's going to hurt me is the strange coins. I liked using them to buy a bunch of 3oC then using those throughout the week when I'm bored.

At least three of us have lost our whole collection in a matter of seconds by having the cursor a bit off when using motes to level stuff. Others really like to max weapons to see if that weapon and perk configuration works well with their playstyle. Just because you have a lot doesn't mean that is not a real issue for some.

Tons of fun shit to play with, but having 12 parts right now is limiting what I can do.

luke definitely said NOT to worry about light level 310 weeks ago.

I wasn't referring to 310. I was referring to the fact none of the efforts you put into "Becoming Legend" means a damn thing.

For example, the damage of a 280 gun and a 300 gun is in most cases negligible. Why bother even leveling up to 300? That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

Gordon

Destiny already has hidden skill based matchmaking... it was directly mentioned in their IB power levels blog post today... It just doesn't have matchmaking that distinguishes between top 1% skill and top 0.01% skill.
lol I think, if there's any skill matching involved at all, it must add the skill values of your randomly assembled team together before comparing it to your potential opponent team or something. Either that or their skill values are derived in the most ineffective way possible.

I got the moon done in like 25/30mins just get a ghost with the finder perk and blast through the zones in a loop.

Good luck

I have a fully charged Argonach rune, but I can't use it at the terminal. What gives?
I believe they disabled it for everyone because some people were farming the chest with an exploit? Something along those lines. If that's actually true I don't know (it sounds like a really dumb band aid) but that's what people have said at least.

KanameYuuki

Can any of you guys help me on the second mission on phobos, all the taken and Oryx echo are kicking my ass, it will be really quick.

PSN: Josh-Shiki

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You can troll so good with these new taunts lol. Doing Brothers on Dreadnaught and one guy at the start goes the Darkblade route. We wait for him to come back and sarcastic clap once he catches up with us. Then we he died we grieved and then at the end gave him the good job buddy clap. He left. :lol

Rainmaker

Banned
I bought a $5 silver pack and then I got a package with a LOT of emotes in it from the postmaster. Even had a legendary "Bow Down" in it?

Do we know if the XLI: Dreadnaught fragment is glitched? I've spent hours trying to get it to drop from T2 in the Court, but I'm getting nothing. I would go for the Agnorach Rune but it's currently not working due to the whole fiasco over the weekend, apparently. I'm at 44 of 45 Fragments and as I cannot get the final T3 drop until next Tuesday, I'm stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom