• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
12079099_10153019226606736_7756891772195311467_n.jpg

I've got it. Too bad its wasted on me. I tried it in IB but still don't see why I should use a RL instead of a machine gun. Fairly new to PvP so still learning

In Trials since the heavy only lasts until a team wipes people just go all out hurling rockets at each other. In normal pvp you get a lot more mileage out of a machine gun

Venfayth

What is a good resource to look at to find goals for weapons and armor and such? Fairly new player here, I'm still gearing up. Sitting at about 292 light and I just got The Villainy pulse rifle as that was recommended to me as a good Pulse Rifle for PVE.

I love pulse rifles, they're probably my favorite weapon type in the game. After going through a few posts regarding exotics, it seems like there isn't much to go on in the way of exotic pulse rifles?

I guess as an addendum I'm really not sure what I should be trying to do with gear. What's good? Besides more light, obviously.

Tovarisc

Wait... That's it?!

I'm talkin strictly looks here. It looks like any other legendary HC...? I was expecting something way more unique.

Year 1 exotic HCs shit all over the Y2 handcannons looks/design wise. Been such a let down overall.

Was just looking same. The Last Word with different color scheme, really?

Now I need decide if First Curse or Obsidian Mind is laziest exotic model design in the game, First Curse is really thirsty for that spot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait... That's it?!

I'm talkin strictly looks here. It looks like any other legendary HC...? I was expecting something way more unique.

Year 1 exotic HCs shit all over the Y2 handcannons looks/design wise. Been such a let down overall.
It has basically the exact same model as The Last Word, but is silver.

chur

You misunderstood. The post I was replying to said, "That's the way it worked before" referring to people sitting on bounties until later in the week to turn them in for more rep. But before there were only dailies.. so I was saying that if people did that before, it would seem counter-productive.

That's separate from my skepticism that the weeklies will give more rep if turned in later.
When he said "that's the way it worked before" I think he meant the IB rep boost throughout the week. No one sat on dailies.

NVM just read the original post you replied to. It does seem like he just sat on dailies in the the old IB. That's just a waste.

well it's enough for at least one more kill. would be nice with a bigger mag though.

You wouldn't want to go into a firefight with 5 rounds though. The perk looks like it's pve oriented but the strafing is clearly for pvp. It needs at least 12 rounds to discourage reloading

Y'all get that Suros rocket launcher god roll?

Hard Launch
Heavy Payload
Grenades and Horseshoes
Javelin

Since Suros legendaries only get one static perk and the option to use 2 "middle tree" perks, you can use Heavy Payload and Javelin at the same time, when normally you couldn't.

rL45cXz.png

Yep. Just got it today. :)

Strider

Yea and I mean... That's lame. Give us something new. Plus LW has it's own unique shooting animation.

HandCannons are the interesting and different primary that Destiny has compared to other shooters and yet they got shit on in Y2. :(

AR is not the best route either.

Pulse Rifles rule the meta.

It's just not worth it for me. I have never fired a single shot of shotgun rounds in PVP, I never us PRs in PVE because they feel awful, and I didn't use AR's when they were the PVP beast. I rather enjoy the one consistently satisfying thing in Destiny...shooting things, and have a shit KDR, than obsess over a meta and hate every minute I play of PVP with PRs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I love pulse rifles, they're probably my favorite weapon type in the game. After going through a few posts regarding exotics, it seems like there isn't much to go on in the way of exotic pulse rifles?
Confused on this point, Bad Juju and Red Death are both excellent guns throughout the entire game and especially the former if you build a super-generation build around it, and the latter in PvP right now.
I guess as an addendum I'm really not sure what I should be trying to do with gear. What's good? Besides more light, obviously.
Well, generally look for the perks that compliment the playstyle you prefer. Reload speed with your type of special weapon preference, etc. For most people, Strength is the least desirable stat bonus.

Kyne

Anyone looking to get some raids done sometime around the weekend? I need to look for a group as my main group is raiding too early for me due to different schedules. I have 3 characters raid ready and would prefer to play with people from GAF, as I haven't yet, instead of LFG.

I play on PS4 and am in PST.

I'd be interested. Have a friend and we'll probably look for 3 more. Saturday good for you? If so, what time?

Wait... That's it?!

it's supposed to be the yin of the yang that is The Last Word. Model has to be the same!

I like it :p

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man wish I could complete this damn raid. Starting to get jelly of the Warpriest Titans. I really want that gear.. :/

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Anyone looking to do a fresh raid (KF) sometime soon and willing to take a first timer through? I'm new to this raid but I've done the other 2, read up on most mechanics, have a mic etc.

Rahvar

I seriously can't get headshots with this garbage HC. I'm not the best pvper in the world but I usually don't embarass myself like this...

That's my go-to auto rifle! It's been performing pretty well in Iron Banner, too. I bought the Hakke Zarinaea-D last week from the Gunsmith, so, let's see if it can keep up with the 45.

I really want a variant of the Hakke Zarinea-D that has a lower rate of fire and higher impact. I love the weapon model and the sound it makes.

tariniel

Looking to do the heroic Sunless Cell for the last part of the Void Sword quest tonight sometime between 6 and 10 P.M. PST, if anyone would like to help out. I'm light level 295 (should I get higher before doing this?) I've done it once but someone left during the boss and we died.

Also interested in a King's Fall learning group or something. I have the shitty mic that came with the PS4, but it would be even better if the group had teamspeak or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom