• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Incase anybody was wondering how removing shot package completely has affected shotguns.
Lol

Edit: User has Surrounded per active.

Kyne

damn just found Bruce Faulconer on Spotify.

DBZ Namek - Buu saga music was godlike. I can't believe this was all 1 man.

this is a little ot.

technically now that TLW is bad it should be good, no?

While that may be true TLW still owns the shit out of about 2 metres of real estate RIP TLW

TFC is an unimpressive hand cannon with 8 bullets and best case scenario a marginally better one with 5 bullets lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
AWW SHIIIIIIT. It's open beta?! I'm all over that

Same Day as Halo 5 release too. Shooter Heaven

Overwatch, Blizzard's team-based shooter that was unveiled at last year's BlizzCon, is going into public beta Oct. 27, the developer announced today. Blizzard said it will admit a "small number of testers" into the closed beta to fine-tune Overwatch's gameplay on that day, then "open the floodgates" on certain weekends to stress-test the game's technical performance.

Edit: Also new page repost: Any IB trains?

Venfayth

Confused on this point, Bad Juju and Red Death are both excellent guns throughout the entire game and especially the former if you build a super-generation build around it, and the latter in PvP right now.
Well, generally look for the perks that compliment the playstyle you prefer. Reload speed with your type of special weapon preference, etc. For most people, Strength is the least desirable stat bonus.

I guess Bad Juju is a year 1 weapon? How do I get it? Do I have to do old quests from the old game and upgrade it or something?

Sorry, I really still don't understand some of this stuff.

flkraven

What is a good resource to look at to find goals for weapons and armor and such? Fairly new player here, I'm still gearing up. Sitting at about 292 light and I just got The Villainy pulse rifle as that was recommended to me as a good Pulse Rifle for PVE.

I love pulse rifles, they're probably my favorite weapon type in the game. After going through a few posts regarding exotics, it seems like there isn't much to go on in the way of exotic pulse rifles?

I guess as an addendum I'm really not sure what I should be trying to do with gear. What's good? Besides more light, obviously.

If you are 292 light, all that is really left is Strike Playlist, Nightfall, Court of Oryx, but those things will really only boost you a little bit. You are basically raid ready, and that is the best way for you to advance further.

The raid pulse rifle is pretty good. I had a 309 version drop, but it wasn't the one that rolled with Firefly. It's still pretty damn good, and not terrible for PVP.

With regards to exotics, Bad Juju and Red Death are both great for PVP and PVE. Probably two of the most versatile exotics in that regard.

EL CUCO

Shocked. SHOCKED.

I hate shotguns in PvP so much. I say that even though I whore them out like everyone else.
To be fair, the user has the Surrounded perk active. He said he will be updating the video soon with tests while not having the perk present.

The live gameplay is raw Footage of what you get in Crucible though, and he still sniping some people

Menome

Of course Iron Banner falls on the week I come down with flu symptoms. Barely made it through today's Daily Crucible match for the 15 marks and now going to bed and watching YouTube videos.

Tovarisc

Incase anybody was wondering how removing shot package completely has affected shotguns.
Lol

Edit: User has Surrounded per active.

At what point we start to wonder if Bungies map design is just shait and favors too much OHK CQB weapons like shotguns? There is only so much you can do with shotguns without making them 100% irrelevant, and if your map design forces encounters to be within ~3-4 meters 90% of the time you may have an problem.

Trickster

Wouldn't the best and most straightforward way of nerfing shotguns be to just reduce how much ammo to get for them? Allow them to stay deadly, but make ammo for them more scarce and making them less effective that way? I mean, no one seems to have an issue with heavy weapons, though I'm pretty sure that would change if people could run around with those the same way shotgun spammers can.

At one point we start to wonder if Bungies map design is just shait and favors too much OHK CQB weapons like shotguns? There is only so much you can do with shotguns without making them 100% irrelevant, and if your map design forces encounters to be within ~3-4 meters 90% of the time you may have an problem.
I just wish they would buff sidearms so that it's an option for PVP. Right now it's either sniping or shotgunning and the latter requires left effort on the player. Buff sidearms so that they do some good damage at mid range.

Tovarisc

Wouldn't the best and most straightforward way of nerfing shotguns be to just reduce how much ammo to get for them? Allow them to stay deadly, but make ammo for them more scarce and making them less effective that way? I mean, no one seems to have an issue with heavy weapons, though I'm pretty sure that would change if people could run around with those the same way shotgun spammers can.

You get full mag at beginning of round and then 4 rounds / special ammo pack. Shotgun ammo isn't that plentiful at the end, and you will run out often during match. At one point during Y1 special ammo was raining from heavens in PvP, not so much anymore. Should they nerf special ammo packs even more? Maybe, but then PvP would be mostly about primaries with specials and heavies always being dry.

PuMa

Well, they did do that once already. Special ammo used to be a LOT more plentiful in Crucible.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Dont seem like theres any IB Trains going, guess ill try and get one going unless there is someone with a spot.

IB GAF GO:
1 - Me
i would like to see how a game of destiny plays without any shotguns whatsoever.
Yes remove them. Only way to fix it with these maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom