• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it looks like IB and ToO needed to wait another month for balancing. So many glitches and unbalanced crap. I still can't believe how shoddy things are balance and glitch wise going into Y2.

E92 M3

Destiny is a gigantic game that runs relatively glitch free. I think Bungie has done a fantastic job so far; obviously certain things slip by the testers - it happens in software development.

zewone

"Unlimited Supers? Eh, we'll get to that. But first, let's decrease the amount of weapon parts you get."

uo8vWQe.gif

PuMa

Man, it looks like IB and ToO needed to wait another month for balancing. So many glitches and unbalanced crap. I still can't believe how shoddy things are balance and glitch wise going into Y2.

I dunno. It's not that bad in my opinion. Primary weapons are probably more balanced now than they've ever been.

sajj316

as mentioned in the last page .. does it work on other supers? It's the multi-shot void bow. Something like golden gun is also multi-shot. I wonder if it glitches for that as well.

They seriously should've waited another month. The weapons feel fine. Shotguns are still a pain if you one with the god perks. But all these glitches. Holy moly.

Destiny is a gigantic game that runs relatively glitch free. I think Bungie has done a fantastic job so far; obviously certain things slip by the testers - it happens in software development.

I don't think there is any excuse of how poorly they have handled PvE and PvP weapon balancing for over a year. As for the new subclass glitches, I don't recall any Y1 supers having major issues like these. I think they launched IB and ToO a little too soon. Another month of sorting things out would go a long way.

I dunno. It's not that bad in my opinion. Primary weapons are probably more balanced now than they've ever been.

You must be a pulse rifle user.

Feorax

Raid group need 2 for golgoroth. Right at the entrance now. Join on ethomaz, sephi22, ChthuluSars or techn1colors.

I'll be leaving shortly.

zewone

That's fine and all, and I agree for the most part, but the unbalanced trash in PVP and glitches like this seem to be addressed less frequent than positive "bugs" like Black Spindles or Strange Coins.

E92 M3

I don't think there is any excuse of how poorly they have handled PvE and PvP weapon balancing for over a year. As for the new subclass glitches, I don't recall any Y1 supers having major issues like these. I think they launched IB and ToO a little too soon. Another month of sorting things out would go a long way.

You must be a pulse rifle user.

PVP and PVE weapon balance will never be good until they separate the 2 modes and that won't happen for the foreseeable future. There is just no way to balance the same weapon for 2 opposing modes. For now, the balance is suitable but Hand Cannons were hit too hard.

That's fine and all, and I agree for the most part, but the unbalanced trash in PVP and glitches like this seem to be addressed less frequent than positive "bugs" like Black Spindles or Strange Coins.

Well the renewed Live team should be handling that now.

PVP and PVE weapon balance will never be good until they separate the 2 modes and that won't happen for the foreseeable future. There is just no way to balance the same weapon for 2 opposing modes. For now, the balance is suitable but Hand Cannons were hit too hard.

Totally agree on the PvP and PvE split. Should have been that way since day 1. Did they start splitting damange models between PvE and PvP toward the end of Y1? I thought shotties got different values in PvP and PvE at some point? Maybe that was wishful thinking.

Nicodemic

If anyone wants to do Fear's Embrace for The Touch of Malice or Sunless Cell for the exotic sword (in my case void) just send a friend request and join my party. PSN: Nicodemic

zewone

Totally agree on the PvP and PvE split. Should have been that way since day 1. Did they start splitting damange models between PvE and PvP toward the end of Y1? I thought shotties got different values in PvP and PvE at some point? Maybe that was wishful thinking.

That did happen. Shotguns received a PVE buff in HoW and and PVE nerf in TTK and neither of those changes affected PVP.

Dusknoir

Reminds of the problems of Wow that are just now getting resolved. I hope bungie does it faster

k1t4j

We can do both, I want the void one so maybe leaving the two warden alive then kill stuff. Maybe another gaffer could help us?

PSN ShikiAoi.

Both shaders

Sorry mate ended up helping some friends here. hope you get yours soon :)

Also Dgaf you weren't kidding about the quality of players in Legacy PvP playlist, I did the Imprecation Headshot killing spree after 2 minutes of a clash match in pantheon. :D

its too early to ask about "any progress on the NTTE hunt?" or are we waiting for another "swtich on" on the next quest in bungies office?

R0ckman

Iron Banner is freaking impossible solo. Any IB groups forming?

To an extent, salvage is actually the biggest crapshow I've seen. Why do people who do not know how to play it end up in the mode at such high frequencies? My favorite game mode too. People drop in and out like a factory.

Kalamari

I am beginning to think that Bungie bit off more than they could chew with with Crucible, there are too many variables to balance without making every weapon bland and boring. If it weren't for the shrill sound design of Halo 5 I would switch hype trains asap, it looks like I am stuck with shitty crucible for my multiplayer fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom