• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are we supposed to get good drops from Iron Banner? I'm almost at Rank 3 and nada.

Also, are we supposed to cash in the weekly bounties right away or sit on them? I already redeemed the first two.

When are we supposed to get good drops from Iron Banner? I'm almost at Rank 3 and nada.

Also, are we supposed to cash in the weekly bounties right away or sit on them? I already redeemed the first two.
If you hold on to them, they will be worth more as the week goes on. But it won't really matter if you have the time to hit Rank 5 anyway.

Not where it matters in a scout, which is stability. If there is a scout with 1 or 2 more stability compared to the HJ, then I'd concede it is better and more fun.

It's not about how straight it is

it's about how you use it that counts

and when you have that sleek tlalalalalaloc in your hand, with the smooth shots towards the enemy...boy does it count.

Lnkn52

When your fireteam gets sick of carrying you through the Nightfall...

tumblr_nt6gceIuqx1sqf5tdo3_400.gif

Not like I'll ever do another one. Got 10 strange coins and some Weapon Parts in two runs,

I've heard of this legendary story.

SeanR1221

Thats always fun, I actually llok forward to those. Last night we took a great player who had never done it before, he picked every boss fight up so fast. Actually i was pretty embarrassed how fast he got it, and how I did not my first time around.

Yeah thats what Im expecting. He's a good player, just got held up with work shit for the past month and only put time into it now.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Think i can safely say ive played IB for over 10 hours now, with most of them being wins, and NO IB LOOT

I call BS on that increased loot pool.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I guess Bad Juju is a year 1 weapon? How do I get it? Do I have to do old quests from the old game and upgrade it or something?

Sorry, I really still don't understand some of this stuff.
They are year 1 guns but were among those that got year 2 versions. You can get the year 2 versions outright from Xur if he sells them, Exotic Primary Weapon engrams (i.e. from Three of Coins), as Nightfall rewards, or from King's Fall. You can also get the Year 1 versions from the older raids, Xur Legacy engrams and the Prison of Elders chest if you get a Treasure Key. If you do get a year 1 version (you can tell because it'll be max 170 attack), it will unlock the year 2 version for your purchase from the Exotic Weapon kiosk in the Vanguard room.

At what point we start to wonder if Bungies map design is just shait and favors too much OHK CQB weapons like shotguns? There is only so much you can do with shotguns without making them 100% irrelevant, and if your map design forces encounters to be within ~3-4 meters 90% of the time you may have an problem.
There are plenty of shotguns in the game that I have no problem with. Yes, many maps favor CQB heavily and there are tons of rapid gap closing options that make a shotgun a good choice, and they can and should be the absolute king of extreme close range. It's the Matador 64/Party Crasher/Judgment IV/Felwinter's Lie/Conspiracy Theory-D archetype, with huge impact and max range, that are an issue.

ngower

Couple of questions here.

1. Some friends and I are working through the Crota raid for the first time. It seems like a lot of the guides that have been written are mildly out of date. Is there something you can point me to that would be helpful in getting a bunch of noobs enough info to make it through?

2. I'm at like 240 light right now and trying to get to 260 to open up the Heroic Strike. Is there anything other than just doing Vanguard that might be a quick way to up my light level? I know it's item-based, so I guess what I'm asking is: what's the quickest way to get bad ass drops WITHOUT having access to the Heroic strike (which mostly gives Legendary Marks, right)?

I've been playing this game for like 30 hours and I still have so little idea what I'm doing haha.

They are year 1 guns but were among those that got year 2 versions. You can get the year 2 versions outright from Xur if he sells them, Exotic Primary Weapon engrams (i.e. from Three of Coins), as Nightfall rewards, or from King's Fall. You can also get the Year 1 versions from the older raids, Xur Legacy engrams and the Prison of Elders chest if you get a Treasure Key. If you do get a year 1 version (you can tell because it'll be max 170 attack), it will unlock the year 2 version for your purchase from the Exotic Weapon kiosk in the Vanguard room.

I don't think Bad Juju is droppable through engrams are they?

E92 M3

In year 3 our gun chase would invalidated again. I guess I want something to hold on and feel like I made progress. That's the thing with Destiny - there is a sense of emptiness. In all other games I can load up a save file and have a bunch of crazy shit, but with Destiny I can just skip year 2 and go in Year 3 while being relatively caught up.

Don't get me wrong, love the game and play it everyday but there needs to be a better hook to establish some kind of career progression. As of now, only the materials and rep bonus was the help from Year 1, but other than, that everyone is the same.

Yeah thats what Im expecting. He's a good player, just got held up with work shit for the past month and only put time into it now.

Its fun sharing it with someone else. When you get to the walls with the phalanx that comes bursting out of the wall, don't forget to ask him to stand in front of the very first one, its like a right of passage.

You said you need Wormsinger Rune? I have one but won't be on till after 9 PM EST.

EDIT: does it work like CoO where the fireteam gets the fragment as well?

Good question, I'm not sure! I do have one wormsinger rune though. I just haven't done it yet / not exactly sure how. I know the general area haha

squadr0n

Anyone on PS4 looking to do the NightFall still send me an invite/FR. I know its almost worthless at this point but I still like the drops.

PSN: sQuadon
LL 295 Warlock

Any IB trains with a spot available.

Nightstalker, Stormcaller, Nightstalker all down in 5 seconds :d

Edit top of the page Gunslinger master race

yAExpW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom