• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got it, now I can quit Destiny T~T

CRVAbH3WsAECqSE.png

Now I kind of want to get the other two haha or at least Solar
Lol Damn, it took that long. I want one for myself.

Bogeypop

How is that? Our CE of that should be here tomorrow.

It's kinda sad how a week or two before the game came out SE store sent me an email basically saying "W-w-we still have 100 CEs of this if y-you want to buy it... No pressure or anything. Just the fate of any subsequent Dragon Quest games being localized rests on the balance is all." Just cements how unpopular Dragon Quest is in the West, unfortunately. If only their marketing got their heads on straight and marketed it as "Akira Toriyama of Dragon Ball fame does the character and monster designs in this JRPG!" the casual market would buy it in droves.

It's surprisingly good, by comparison to Pirate Warriors 3 and other Musou games. Terry just recently joined my party and he's insanely strong. I also really like Alena's fighting style. Not surprising that I would prefer to play old Dragon Quest characters as opposed to the original characters from this game. Been doing a lot of side-quests. My only gripe so far is unfortunately a lot of the Story Missions have been "guard-this-target-from-the-waves-of-enemies". It's also an incredibly gorgeous game. If this is any indication of what DQ11 will look like or if it'll look even better then I'm quite pleased.

I remember when Afro used to think self-res was the best thing ever and gloat about his second life. :p

More or less. We need to join forces to stop the titan menace in pvp anyways. So its time to hug it out. You stop their super with your frabjous bow and us warlocks will shock them just like the Toby Keith CD.

pG4iaU2.png

KanameYuuki

After Iron Banner is over you know where to find me.
1Ys2PKo.jpg
Still need my Arc Flayer Mantle.

Taking a break from Iron Banner today to play some Dragon Quest Heroes.

I must say that I think Bungie tweak the playlist, Dust Palace comes so much more often, sometimes I got in a bunch of times in a row.

After Iron Banner is over you know where to find me.
1Ys2PKo.jpg
Still need my Arc Flayer Mantle.

Taking a break from Iron Banner today to play some Dragon Quest Heroes.

How's Dragon Quest Heroes actually? I've played loads of Dynasty Warriors and what not, on a rank of 1-5 how cooler does it make the formula?

MrDaravon

It's kinda sad how a week or two before the game came out SE store sent me an email basically saying "W-w-we still have 100 CEs of this if y-you want to buy it... No pressure or anything. Just the fate of any subsequent Dragon Quest games being localized rests on the balance is all."

It's surprisingly good, by comparison to Pirate Warriors 3 and other Musou games. Terry just recently joined my party and he's insanely strong. I also really like Alena's fighting style. Kinda expected that I would prefer to play old Dragon Quest characters as opposed to the original characters from this game. Been doing a lot of side-quests. My only gripe so far is unfortunately a lot of the Story Missions have been "guard-this-target-from-the-waves-of-enemies". It's also an incredibly gorgeous game. If this is any indication of what DQ11 will look like or if it'll look even better then I'm quite pleased.

Yeah, I almost made a thread here about S-E being super desperate about trying to push the CE of this game. The emails went from "pre-order now!" to "running out soon!", then despite it being a S-E store exclusive it was suddenly available on Amazon and Gamestop, then their emails were like "oh god pls", then the "100 units left!" one etc. It was hilariously sad.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, surprised at how well it's been received here. I've been playing the Musou games since their inception, I think Hyrule Warriors (and to a lesser extent the Gundam/One Piece/etc spinoffs) have really opened a lot more people in the west up to them. Personally I though the CE goodies were not at all worth the extra $40, but my wife is a DQ nut and wanted it sooo.

Yes, ToM is useless for anything outside the final two raid fights.

For sure. Honestly I'm okay with a raid exotic that's super useful in the raid but useless everywhere else. At least it has a really cool quest line (kinda tedious but not terrible), very unique and compelling weapon model and animation, interesting lore behind it, etc. Lots of stuff to appreciate about ToM, I can understand why it's Luke's favorite.

OG Vex Mythoclast is still the raid exotic king though. It had an amazing unique weapon model, sound effects and firing style. I'd recognize it immediately from across the Mothyards if someone was using it on Patrol. Most importantly it absolutely melted fools in VoG or any PvE activity. A perfect reward for clearing the hardest content (terrible RNG notwithstanding....).

Of course it absolutely melted fools in Crucible as well. So they nerfed it hard by practically halving the mag size and dropping the base damage ~33%. That hit the PvP sweet spot of strong-but-not-OP but sadly removed it from the high-end PvE discussion. It was still a blast to use and effective for solar burn NFalls but it was nobody's go-to raid exotic anymore.

Remember when they slightly buffed the Attack value because it was supposed to be great for Crota's End? But do you remember anyone actually using it in Crota's End? Fusion rifle nerfs were piled on top to make it buggy and unreliable, further driving it from weapon loadouts across the Galaxy.

Then Necrocasm came along with a boring, grindy quest line, not one but two RNG drops, and a shitty weapon model that was literally the Murmur with holes poked in it. Fired boring green auto rifle bullets with an exotic perk so useless I assumed it was bugged. So they buffed it literally a week before making it obsolete. The only two things it was good at were funny Crucible trains and stealing Nami's heart.

TL;DR: I like Touch of Malice.

LiK

For sure. Honestly I'm okay with a raid exotic that's super useful in the raid but useless everywhere else. At least it has a really cool quest line (kinda tedious but not terrible), very unique and compelling weapon model and animation, interesting lore behind it, etc. Lots of stuff to appreciate about ToM, I can understand why it's Luke's favorite.

OG Vex Mythoclast is still the raid exotic king though. It had an amazing unique weapon model, sound effects and firing style. I'd recognize it immediately from across the Mothyards if someone was using it on Patrol. Most importantly it absolutely melted fools in VoG or any PvE activity. A perfect reward for clearing the hardest content (terrible RNG notwithstanding....).

Of course it absolutely melted fools in Crucible as well. So they nerfed it hard by practically halving the mag size and dropping the base damage ~33%. That hit the PvP sweet spot of strong-but-not-OP but sadly removed it from the high-end PvE discussion. It was still a blast to use and effective for solar burn NFalls but it was nobody's go-to raid exotic anymore.

Remember when they slightly buffed the Attack value because it was supposed to be great for Crota's End? But do you remember anyone actually using it in Crota's End? Fusion rifle nerfs were piled on top to make it buggy and unreliable, further driving it from weapon loadouts across the Galaxy.

Then Necrocasm came along with a boring, grindy quest line, not one but two RNG drops, and a shitty weapon model that was literally the Murmur with holes poked in it. Fired boring green auto rifle bullets with an exotic perk so useless I assumed it was bugged. So they buffed it literally a week before making it obsolete. The only thing two things it was good at were funny Crucible trains and stealing Nami's heart.

TL;DR: I like Touch of Malice.

I want Year 2 Vex :(

todd360

Zoba was reported. I don't even know what is going on right now. Freaking voldermort.

I'm going to bed. I will look forward to more iron banner train action tomorrow.

I know folks say self-rez is OP. I disagree on the personal account of me never seeing anyone in PvP use it effectively. In PvE, I can't see a reason to go Fireborn unless you're getting that one chest in the dreadnaught, soloing the black spindle mission, or doing a hard mode raid for the first time.

The Warlock's utilities outside of self-rez are good, but not amazing like what Titans and Hunters have. That's a different issue though.

Self Rez in Trials is a legitimate strategy that opponents have to be prepared . Outside of that, a well timed Self Rez can be the difference between a wipe or a clear during Progression Raids.

It's definitely got uses if you stop to consider different applications. It's just about whether or not an individual player has these applications in mind during play.

Baliis

I don't see people mention it, but ToM is great for blowing through the story on an alt if you want to. Double damage makes you basically one shot everything, and the healing lets you just plow through everything.

Bogeypop

How's Dragon Quest Heroes actually? I've played loads of Dynasty Warriors and what not, on a rank of 1-5 how cooler does it make the formula?

I haven't played Hyrule Warriors, so I can't comment on the mission structure. But in Dragon Quest Heroes you have a small hub world where you can buy Weapons, Armor ("Orbs" in this game), take on side-quests, receive mail from various NPCs you help out or story important characters, an Alchemist you can create accessories with various stat boosts, the Medal King who you trade in Medals you collect through various means in the game for rare materials for alchemy or straight up powerful weapons and armor, and lastly you have a bar where you can switch out your active party. You have up to 4 characters you can switch control of on the fly in battle. There's also a World Map where you choose your destination whether it be the main Story missions, side-quests, or revisiting old areas where you can fight enemies endlessly for Gold, Ingredients, and EXP. As a pure Dynasty Warriors/Musou game I'm sure you can find some fun with this game, but I think you'll get the most enjoyment out of it if you're a Dragon Quest fan as well.

If you'd like to see the game firsthand here's a shameless plug to my stream where I'm currently playing it

www.twitch.tv/boogiepop

Personally I though the CE goodies were not at all worth the extra $40, but my wife is a DQ nut and wanted it sooo.

Despite being a big Dragon Quest fan, nothing from the CE really struck me as amazing, so I just got the regular copy of the game.

LiK

I don't see people mention it, but ToM is great for blowing through the story on an alt if you want to. Double damage makes you basically one shot everything, and the healing lets you just plow through everything.

I'll remember this when I use my alts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom