• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unstable

The worst/best/worst thing about the current meta is that there's no counter to shotguns in close range. Shotguns are a low skill weapon that excel with good spacial awareness and movement.

Basically, skating absolutely destroys right now.

CRRVAzzUAAAq4kS.png:large

LiK

Wait they're fixing it?! I didn't know that. I wish they'd fix the raid drops. Getting 300 light drops is pretty disappointing.

Luke tweeted that they know NF rewards are garbage now. Hope they fix it asap cuz it's not worth playing right now.

Edit: Unstable pls

What's the deal with 3 X 3500xp IB bounties? One iron wrath bounty was worth almost that. We only have tomorrow, then trials starts which I hope has better rewards than IB.

7th defeat. This never happened to me before in any IB. I can't believe it...

last time I was doing pvp for stuff, i went 3 and 18 playing with randoms.

that's not a typo.

3 wins....18 losses. Winning didnt really matter for my needs at the time, but still...pretty ridiculous run.

It was fun playing with all of you guys who came into the IB train. Got 299 wolf cloak and 296 boots to drop. This pleases me.

Yeah, outside of the few people teleporting and the fucking wankers that were shadowshot glitching it was somewhat fun, won 14/17 games. Shame I got shit drops from it all but whatever.

Unstable

Edit: ^ I'm on the outside looking in! Haha

Lol nice, you adding some background music to your streams? Groovy.

You doing more Banner tonight or NS cheaters make it not worthwhile? I guess we already did today's bounties.
I'll be down for some more Banana tonight.

Yeah, outside of the few people teleporting and the fucking wankers that were shadowshot glitching it was somewhat fun, won 14/17 games. Shame I got shit drops from it all but whatever.

Which weapons are dropping this season?

I'll be back on IB in a little bit. PSN: Catfax

Unstable, what was your opinion on the Gunsmith rolls this week? The Zarinea-D with Danger Close actually seemed fairly promising but the Counterbalance one looks like the safest bet. Haven't been able to choose.

The worst/best/worst thing about the current meta is that there's no counter to shotguns in close range. Shotguns are a low skill weapon that excel with good spacial awareness and movement.

Basically, skating absolutely destroys right now.

CRRVAzzUAAAq4kS.png:large

You forgot to mention we were playing all super try-hards from famous Destiny clans (Triplewreck's, Datto's and Luminosity's). Crazy match, glad I managed to go positive.

Which weapons are dropping this season?

I'll be back on IB in a little bit. PSN: Catfax

Sidearm and pulse rifle.

JackHerer

Anyone willing to help me finish Fears Embrace for Touch of Malice right now? I'm in the boss room now and have been trying to solo it for the past 40 minutes. Have gotten real close having the wizard spawn but there are just so many adds and the environmental hazards are insane.

Just one person over 290 and it should be a lot easier.

Psn: Lpwnsome

Never mind. Ended up being able to solo it.

Takuan

I continue to recommend Ace of Spades to any one Hunter looking for a fun primary.
I should get on that. I've been holding onto legendary hc's I will likely wind up dismantling anyway, just haven't gotten any rare ones to drop. I've switched between Hung Jury, Suros, and Hawkmoon - Hawkmoon feels the best, but it's definitely slow and I get wrecked before I can get off my second bullet against guys using quicker weapons. What makes Ace of Spades better?

Thanks j_rocca for the IB invite earlier. Felt bad being the weakest link all the time, but I appreciated the carry. I got destroyed in general, but I'm particularly bad at vertical combat. If a guy jumps over me I lose him most of the time and am dead shortly after.

It's weird, because I don't remember being this bad when I pvp'd on my Warlock in Y1-Crota times.

Luke tweeted that they know NF rewards are garbage now. Hope they fix it asap cuz it's not worth playing right now.

Edit: Unstable pls

Ahh nice. This week's is ridiculously hard and the rewards were ridiculously embarrassing so I'm glad. I did one and that's where I'm stopping.

Unstable

You forgot to mention we were playing all super try-hards from famous Destiny clans (Triplewreck's, Datto's and Luminosity's). Crazy match, glad I managed to go positive.
Yep. I'm not sure why this happens, but whenever I play against famous community members or streamers, I go super try hard and become Unstabie, Destroyer of Pros. (Make really good plays, land majority of my shots, and perform some of my best skating I've ever done.)

I wish I could trigger this mode all of the time.

phen0m24

that nightfall was absolute comedy gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7OnW4XDck

Yep. I'm not sure why this happens, but whenever I play against famous community members or streamers, I go super try hard and become Unstabie, Destroyer of Pros. (Make really good plays, land majority of my shots, and perform some of my best skating I've ever done.)

I wish I could trigger this mode all of the time.

D E S T R O Y E R O F P R O S B O Y Z

Oscar

Matchmaking put me in a game that was 1 minute away from a landslide loss.

I had 1 kill, RNG gives me the Ironwreath-D drop.

Two 300 guns and a chest that is one light lower than my current chest (302).

Could be worse, but damn, this low level shit is a super buzzkill after getting a drop.

I'd mostly agree with you but back then I felt like Pulse and Scout rifles were kind of meh. But back then I didn't really give them a shot so maybe they were better than I remember. All I know is Suros Regime was epic back then and shotguns weren't bullshit.

Scouts were very meh in vanilla partly because they were underpowered but also because ARs had waaaay too much range. Scouts got a 10-15% damage buff in a very early patch but it wasn't enough. Vanilla Red Death was pretty decent, just that nobody used it. Vanilla Bad Juju was Piece-of-Junk Juju.

High-impact ARs especially Suros were obviously too strong but skilled exotic hand cannon users could still beat them. Vanilla TLW and Hawkmoon were insane and Thorn was great too. That's why I still think vanilla was as close to balance as this game has seen. There was a clear "best weapon class" but it wasn't the only choice. A Suros was useless in the Thorn meta but the inverse wasn't true.

The problem is that they always simultaneously buff the weak while nerfing the strong so you simply swap spots. Fusion rifles were too strong so they were nerfed while shotguns were buffed by introducing God-roll Felwinters. Suddenly it's the shotgun age. Hand cannons are nerfed while Pulses are buffed, welcome to the PR age, etc.

void666

Banned
last time I was doing pvp for stuff, i went 3 and 18 playing with randoms.

that's not a typo.

3 wins....18 losses. Winning didnt really matter for my needs at the time, but still...pretty ridiculous run.

Wow. I'd have given up.
I had 5 medallions i wanted to turn in before going to bed.
I usually play IB solo. But it was never this bad.

And shotguns man, i keep getting sniped by them. That conspiracy theory is fucking annoying.
They nerf and nerf shotguns and it stays the same.
I honestly think this game shouldn't have shotguns. Or at least it shouldn't be OHK.

GorillaJu

They were probably more sensitive in the first few months because the game didn't release to universal acclaim and they were eager to rectify things people didn't like.

That was the most infuriating 2 hours I've ever spent in the Crucible. Thanks, Lord Saladin. I can't comprehend why someone would stand around the capture point, but not capture it. It happened in several of my matches today.

I honestly should've joined a GAF train tonight.

GorillaJu

What do people like about Burden of Proof XI? The recoil is so out of control I feel like Conspiracy Theory gets me more kills and uses far less ammo due to fire rate being much lower.

R0ckman

Was there any philosophical reason most of the pvp maps are cramped and support hiding, running away, setting traps etc? I'm getting tired of this, I want more open maps like Valhalla from Halo 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom