• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember the first time I used Suros Regime with Focus Fire on Bastion. I was just spinning around in B firing at everyone who walked in. The multikills....
rejoice.png

All you people who didn't upgrade were cray cray.

I haven't played Hyrule Warriors, so I can't comment on the mission structure. But in Dragon Quest Heroes you have a small hub world where you can buy Weapons, Armor ("Orbs" in this game), take on side-quests, receive mail from various NPCs you help out or story important characters, an Alchemist you can create accessories with various stat boosts, the Medal King who you trade in Medals you collect through various means in the game for rare materials for alchemy or straight up powerful weapons and armor, and lastly you have a bar where you can switch out your active party. You have up to 4 characters you can switch control of on the fly in battle. There's also a World Map where you choose your destination whether it be the main Story missions, side-quests, or revisiting old areas where you can fight enemies endlessly for Gold, Ingredients, and EXP. As a pure Dynasty Warriors/Musou game I'm sure you can find some fun with this game, but I think you'll get the most enjoyment out of it if you're a Dragon Quest fan as well.

If you'd like to see the game firsthand here's a shameless plug to my stream where I'm currently playing it

www.twitch.tv/boogiepop

Despite being a big Dragon Quest fan, nothing from the CE really struck me as amazing, so I just got the regular copy of the game.

Neat, thanks for the info! It looks like they simply took the DW gameplay and then just loaded it with Dragon Quest stuff, as half the things you mentioned it aren't native to Dynasty Warriors. I'll deffo check it out~

LiK

I still remember the first time I used Suros Regime with Focus Fire on Bastion. I was just spinning around in B firing at everyone who walked in. The multikills....
rejoice.png

I miss OG Suros Regime. Sigh

E92 M3

The I hate the feeling of being a weapon nomad. I can't find the gun that I just "love". Everything is ok or meh. Truly miss my old Last Word. Was very fun to use and took a while to master truly.

Just miss hand cannons.

Afrocious

rejoice.png

i want pvp to return to this

seriously. this was what pvp was before i left destiny and idk wtf is going on now in crucible

That's not a peace sign. Does this look peaceful?

jcJ8kZ3.gif

I've been trying to read his lips since you've posted that gif eight hundred thousand times. Looks something like "hey fuck you you fucking wanker, fuck off, get out you fucking prick"

Although I'm not as fluent in soccer-based obscenity as you. This post was not Destiny-related.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I haven't seen an answer for this question yet.

Do I wait until later in the week to turn in the weekly Iron Banner bounties? Will I get more rep/exp for them later in the week?

Hey Hey! Need 1 more for raid! Got a group group who took out Warpriest and Golgoroth on first attempt, but lost Dragoo (Had to hit the sack).

Looking for 1 to fill in for him! We're about to hit Deathsingers. Come on, come on. Don't be shy! :)

The I hate the feeling of being a weapon nomad. I can't find the gun that I just "love". Everything is ok or meh. Truly miss my old Last Word. Was very fun to use and took a while to master truly.

Just miss hand cannons.

I continue to recommend Ace of Spades to any one Hunter looking for a fun primary.

chur

Do I wait until later in the week to turn in the weekly Iron Banner bounties? Will I get more rep/exp for them later in the week?
I turned my in today and got 730 rep. You should get more later in the week.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I managed to stick a tripmine grenade on a Sunbro Titan while he was flinging hammers at me. I thought I'd kill him and get a post mortem.

I was wrong, he survived. :(

Yes you get more every day you wait. The tempering buff is automatically applied to all IB rep gains and it gets stronger every day.

JackHerer

Anyone willing to help me finish Fears Embrace for Touch of Malice right now? I'm in the boss room now and have been trying to solo it for the past 40 minutes. Have gotten real close having the wizard spawn but there are just so many adds and the environmental hazards are insane.

Just one person over 290 and it should be a lot easier.

Psn: Lpwnsome

MrDaravon

Wait, did they change the medallion mechanics for IB? I lost those two matches I played earlier, and I have no medallions in my inventory or at the postmaster.

I managed to stick a tripmine grenade on a Sunbro Titan while he was flinging hammers at me. I thought I'd kill him and get a post mortem.

I was wrong, he survived. :(

Yeah, tripmines will usually drop their shields and do a bit of health damage depending. I don't think it would necessarily be fair for a tripemine stick to kill them outright, but I think it should do more than it currently does unless they're standing in the sunspot with the perk that gives them the overshield.

Afrocious

Aside from the Mythoclast craze, PvP was legit up until December when Thorn was buffed.

It seriously was. I remember thinking the Mythoclast was a slight oversight that could be remedied. Instead, it was a sample of the boneheaded choices made in order to attempt to balance Destiny.

I feel Year 2 weapons suffer from the numerous patches and alterations made to weapon types. No gun I've used so far feels like it works the way it should in crucible.

I've been trying to read his lips since you've posted that gif eight hundred thousand times. Looks something like "hey fuck you you fucking wanker, fuck off, get out you fucking prick"

Although I'm not as fluent in soccer-based obscenity as you. This post was not Destiny-related.

Not far off.

"Hey, fuck you, you fucking wanker. Fuck you. You want to get outside? You fucking prick."

It's more just English, than football related. :p

And it's been a long time since I posted it. Still makes me laugh.

Just miss hand cannons.

Since launch I've gone from Atheon's Epilogue (seriously) to Hawkmoon (vanilla GoAT) to Pocket Infinity (so broken) to The Last Word to... I dunno. Red Death and Lyudmila are the only two primaries I'm considering for Trials.

E92 M3

Since launch I've gone from Atheon's Epilogue (seriously) to Hawkmoon (vanilla GoAT) to Pocket Infinity (so broken) to The Last Word to... I dunno. Red Death and Lyudmila are the only two primaries I'm considering for Trials.

Something is off about Lyudmila lol. What perks are you using?

Mupod

I had some success with No Backup Plans before I went back to sunbreaker. Although I had a couple instances where force barrier didn't activate, but it might have just been 'the game thinks I'm dead even though I just killed that guy' lag. That's why scorch barrier almost never works for me but at least it's much less likely that you'll die to a trade with a shotgun.

Still can't find weapons I really like. I'm doing ok with smite of merain but I would rather have the magical smites of merain my opponents are using that can bring a titan down to a sliver of hp in one shot. Hereafter is surprisingly good and I started using it instead of Eirene. Might give jade rabbit and suros a shot when I finish leveling them as I have those at 310 too.

Most bullshit moment that wasn't related to shadowshot: dark-drinker R2 right on top of a guy, he just walks out of it with zero damage and shoots me with a fusion rifle.

It feels like they scale down the individual bullet damage to account for the fourth bullet. It should hit way harder than it does with that impact, but it actually kind of sucks. It's the first weapon I got from armsday and I was hyped to use it but it's meh. Counterbalance at least gets rid of its insane horizontal recoil.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pining for the days of OG Suros Regime as a superior state of affairs. Now I know I'll always be out of sync with conventional Destiny wisdom.
I tried it and got kills/streaks. Just didn't feel fun.

I know that's vague bullshit haha.
haha! There's plenty of room for personal preference to be sure. One of the most fun guns I've ever used in the game, lol

As someone who enjoyed but never got super proficient with TLW and loves Hawkmoon, it's a glorious weapon

LiK

I've decided that Red Death is my IB weapon of choice. I was running the train earlier today, felt good. Completed the Overall Top Score requirement for that weekly bounty too :)

That nightfall was Totally worth it, especially considering I'm wearing a 304 Chest

CRVGcbeUkAAa_qE.jpg:orig

At least I got a ton of vanguard rep and a weekly buff, right?

nah i think bungie should properly qa their own game.. bans should only be for lag switchers or messing with the code somehow im not gonna do it but still, we pay to be the beta/ glitch finders and when the community does they ban for it... smfh.. the fact this is sooooooo easy to do shows you that they dont even play their own game..

I agree. Bungie needs to be on top of stuff like this. Players shouldn't be getting bans with no warning because Bungie lets stuff like this slip through the cracks.

It won't be fixed in time for trials though, so have fun with that guys.

Aside from the Mythoclast craze, PvP was legit up until December when Thorn was buffed.

I'd mostly agree with you but back then I felt like Pulse and Scout rifles were kind of meh. But back then I didn't really give them a shot so maybe they were better than I remember. All I know is Suros Regime was epic back then and shotguns weren't bullshit.

Homeboyd

That nightfall was Totally worth it, especially considering I'm wearing a 304 Chest

CRVGcbeUkAAa_qE.jpg:orig

At least I got a ton of vanguard rep and a weekly buff, right?
So glad they're fixing this. Mine yielded me like 50 glimmer and 3 armor parts. Getting a rune is the best though.

Counter balance, Headseeker and Hand Laid stock. Basically exact same stats as Messenger but with higher range.

Counter balance is crucial. It makes the recoil pattern straight vertical, similar to Messenger. Otherwise Lyudmila has a weird pull, up and to the left I think. Probably why it feels weird to you, although it feels weird to me sometimes but mainly all Pulses feel weird to me :-/

Not far off.

"Hey, fuck you, you fucking wanker. Fuck you. You want to get outside? You fucking prick."

It's more just English, than football related. :p

And it's been a long time since I posted it. Still makes me laugh.

I speak American, no wonder I didn't get it quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom