• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

Lol, I'm an OK sniper now that I completely got rid of my high five after sniping (yay for Jumper scheme). TLW nerf forced me to use my sniper as primary.
Hopefully Ikkarus is reading this, I always get scolded by him for having the least captures :(

Eh, throw a windmill cookie at his head. :p If you're covering, you're covering. Let the crazy bubble bros and invisi-peeps cap. :)

Dude that was the funniest thing: you would shoot and then melee. I always thought "Does that make the bullet fly faster?" Hahaha

Got my Warlock up to 308 this week from the raid. Need a 310 chest, class item, and ghost to get 310. Haven't gotten a single one of those since the start of the raid. So I'll have to use the ones from my alts to get there. I've only got two 310 drops from the raid on any of my characters yet after about 8 completions. This RNG light level is ludicrous. I can understand the loot itself but getting 300 Boots for the 5th time on one character who has 307 boots is incredibly frustrating.

I've been using 310 exotics to level up my Warlock.

phen0m24

The respawn rates, at least on the Cosmodrome, appear to be nerfed. A buddy last night (who always patrols the drome) noticed that enemies would take quite a bit longer to respawn after being killed and now Reddit is saying the same thing.
Yes!! Agreed. Another
stealth
nerf.

I ran there for mandatory weapons testing after picking new ones up from the smith and was like "Where's my fallen bros?" Slow spawn

No fun allowed

JackHerer

The sad thing is that even with the Shadowshot glitch, Nightstalkers still don't come close to as powerful as hammer Titans in PvP. Of course the Nightstalker glitch breaks PvE encounters.

Finally got my ToM. Damn this thing is cool. Pretty fun to use. That last mission was seriously tough to solo though. That whole mission is stupid in the first place and they go and make it even harder. Definitely feel like I earned this weapon which I guess is the point.

Eh, throw a windmill cookie at his head. :p If you're covering, you're covering. Let the crazy bubble bros and invisi-peeps cap. :)

Dude that was the funniest thing: you would shoot and then melee. I always thought "Does that make the bullet fly faster?" Hahaha

Hahaha - I can't remember how many times I had to answer that question after I just switched to jumper xD That melee annoyed the shit out of me.
Only disadvantage now is that I keep on tapping L1 to jump in other games
Yes I play other games sometimes but I keep coming back to Destiny...

phen0m24

The sad thing is that even with the Shadowshot glitch, Nightstalkers still don't come close to as powerful as hammer Titans in PvP. Of course the Nightstalker glitch breaks PvE encounters.

Finally got my ToM. Damn this thing is cool. Pretty fun to use. That last mission was seriously tough to solo though. That whole mission is stupid in the first place and they go and make it even harder. Definitely feel like I earned this weapon which I guess is the point.

Just wait until you're standing in an invincibility bubble/aura in the raid. ToM feels straight up broken. 2x damage bullets for days. Congrats on the solo too!

realcZk

They may not be able to run around taking no damage while getting kills without trying like titans can, but the Shadowshot glitch is pretty terrible in objective PVP modes like IB. Allows for total area lockdown.

Shiv47

The respawn rates, at least on the Cosmodrome, appear to be nerfed. A buddy last night (who always patrols the drome) noticed that enemies would take quite a bit longer to respawn after being killed and now Reddit is saying the same thing.

Yeah, I often go there to do the relevant gunsmith bounties, and it was quickly apparent that something was going on. What point does doing that serve, other than pissing people off? It's not like there's anything truly valuable to farm/cheese there.

Hey guys...I have 5 weapon parts now! Should I fill in a bubble on my conspiracy d, or save up for my arc exotic sword next week?

Yes, I'm still salty about the drop rate change and want to hear some answers. Time won't heal this wound.

Daemul

I noticed this this morning when I was practicing the Shadowshot glitch. I was wondering if I had missed a few enemies because I wasn't seeing anyone respawning but it turns out that the spawn timer has been increased. Not at all sure what is the point in that change.

spyder_ur

Flaws in game design shouldn't need to be conquered IMHO. I mean, i can make a burnt apple pie from the downtown bakery taste great with some ice cream... but it doesn't change the fact that the baker fucked up and i'm eating burnt cake.

Well are you eating pie or cake? Your whole story is falling apart.

Edit, try and have a high impact sniper that can revive kill (1000yd, stillpiercer, eirene) though this might not be needed as much as before due to changes in revive timers, try to have a 300 build that includes fast rez gear (alpha lupi, light beyond nemesis) and match your chest piece to your subclass for extra armour

Good advice - does anyone know how much the armor boost is?

I don't think being 300 is going to mean much of anything.

Shared pain is better than suffering alone.

Undying Mind and Dust Palace are also treats that we want to share with you!

I hate Undying Mind, but I have loved Dust Palace ever since the shotgun buff.

GRIP

The gear is exactly the same looks wise this time around http://planetdestiny.com/trials-iron-banner-gear/ the only big change is lighthouse gear will be re rollable

I'm not completely disappointed with not getting new Trials gear. Always loved the look of the OG stuff (even the armor that dropped was decent looking). Although, I wish they would have done something like have newly designed gear and the old stuff be the randomly dropped loot.

Hmmmm Bad Juju or Red Death GAF?

Or curveball, Hawkmoon.

I've been using Bad Juju and love it even more than I did Y1. Yesterday was consistently top of my team in IB when in the losing team and the second or third top scorer per match. Averaged over 4000 points. I was stunned at my performance since I never did this good in Y1, even with TLW.

spyder_ur

Hey guys...I have 5 weapon parts now! Should I fill in a bubble on my conspiracy d, or save up for my arc exotic sword next week?

Yes, I'm still salty about the drop rate change and want to hear some answers. Time won't heal this wound.

My recommendation is to go acquire some more weapon parts. Is that helpful advice Hudson?

Just spend them - you're still accumulating them. Worry about next week, next week.

I'm just not in a PVP mood yet... Have zero interest in IB or even Trials right now.

During HoW I was crazy about collecting this stuff but that's because I knew they would be useful "out of the box".
Now you after you get them you still need to infuse them to a higher light. I'm already almost out of weapon parts. Armor materials will be next probably.

Instead of getting more guns I think I get more by focusing on fewer great guns while collecting just the exotics.

Kyne

people who are already IB rank 5 are posting their loot.

it's nothing. they are getting nothing. bungie lied about the drop rates.

I just dont see how some people can play IB and ToO (hell, any PvP for that matter) with the state of Crucible.

The complete lack of balanced weapons and abilities along with the disgusting network code and lag... ugh. I'd have a heart attack if i was trying to go 9w in ToO!

I don't take it that serious. IB is just a good way to spend some time for a little while every day. Competition is enjoyable. Besides PvP isn't any worse than it's ever been. There have always been BS supers, OP metas, lag, etc from jump street.

90% of my blue dismantled have been a measly 1 weapon part, which equals dismantling a green weapon. It's hideous! I guess blues aren't exactly "rare" but the economy is kind of messed up now. I didn't have a huge problem with levelling up weapons and infusion until the patch hit, because I'd get what I needed from my blues.

flkraven

Yes!! Agreed. Another
stealth
nerf.

I ran there for mandatory weapons testing after picking new ones up from the smith and was like "Where's my fallen bros?" Slow spawn

No fun allowed

Yeah, I often go there to do the relevant gunsmith bounties, and it was quickly apparent that something was going on. What point does doing that serve, other than pissing people off? It's not like there's anything truly valuable to farm/cheese there.

I noticed this this morning when I was practicing the Shadowshot glitch. I was wondering if I had missed a few enemies because enemies weren't respawning but it turns out that the spawn timer has been increased. Not at all sure what is the point in that change.

Nerf drop rates of motes, weapon parts, etc, and then nerf spawn rates in patrol zones so you are less able to farm out there. Genius.

I wonder how much silver it will cost to increase spawn rates...

Was just waiting for the mercy rule. Eventually I realised it won't come and decided to go down fighting.

Mercy doesn't kick in until the winning team hits 12,000 and it won't ever activate if the losing team crosses 5,000. It's silly, especially if a bunch of people have left the game so it takes forever to get enough points.

I wonder if the match making system is out of sync in IB..sometimes we just KILL everything and get mercy then sometimes we get killed massively and people even drop out..

could be some sort of error on the servers as well as yesterday we did get a lot of Baboon errors and got reconnected.

LifEndz

Finally finished that crucible quest line and was rewarded with a 150 rocket launcher. Why not just give me a middle finger. Wtf? Thanks for the 3 legendary marks after completing one of the most tedious quest lines in the game.

deoee

people who are already IB rank 5 are posting their loot.

it's nothing. they are getting nothing. bungie lied about the drop rates.

Bungie right now:

Arnold_smokes_pot.gif

My recommendation is to go acquire some more weapon parts. Is that helpful advice Hudson?

Just spend them - you're still accumulating them. Worry about next week, next week.

Sound advice, but it's trials and IB this week. I need to work on my PvP skillz and don't have time to grind strikes.

90% of my blue dismantled have been a measly 1 weapon part, which equals dismantling a green weapon. It's hideous! I guess blues aren't exactly "rare" but the economy is kind of messed up now. I didn't have a huge problem with levelling up weapons and infusion until the patch hit, because I'd get what I needed from my blues.

We need a Ghost that gives out additional weapon parts instead of wormspore (I imagine people have hundreds by now) when finding a blue engram.

Finally finished that crucible quest line and was rewarded with a 150 rocket launcher. Why not just give me a middle finger. Wtf? Thanks for the 3 legendary marks after completing one of the most tedious quest lines in the game.

At least you have the NF Tier weekly Crucible bounties unlocked on each character now. So that you can claim some extra coins and antiquated runes on top of your normal NF rewards ;)

spyder_ur

Am I reading those bounties right in that it seems like 100 legendary marks will be pretty easily attainable per character as long as you play a decent bit of Trials, the same way that 50 were fairly easily attainable in IB?

Marks raining from the sky. The cap is pretty damn silly at this point.

Lag isn't too bad actually and Destiny is one of the best shooters out right now. Bungie nailed the most important part.

It's just relentlessly fun, even if you're getting crushed, you're dead for about a fourteenth of a second and then you're back in the mix for another shot.

I've literally never played a game of PVP in a year + that featured full stop dominance of any kind of spawn camping or sniping behavior, the kind where you literally don't have a chance to move your head before you're dead again.

I'm not including Trials here, because that was the most mercilessly unsatisfying PVP experience I've had in gaming history. THAT is a game mode where you will get crushed before you even have a chance to poke your head out.

But regular PVP, even IB, is unstoppable fun, winning or losing.

realcZk

Finally finished that crucible quest line and was rewarded with a 150 rocket launcher. Why not just give me a middle finger. Wtf? Thanks for the 3 legendary marks after completing one of the most tedious quest line a in the game.

that quest-line was brutal but I've actually managed to complete it , unlike the exotic sword & sleeper quests. farming materials for hours is worse than almost anything in the game and I've probably spent 4 hours on mars waiting for that non-existant warsat to repair the sleeper lol

I am shocked and outraged. Really. Bungie never lies.

could just be a lack of testing, that seems to be a big one

E92 M3

It's hard not to think that Bungie studios is divided on how Destiny should be curated. TTK was a wonderful expansion and the patches following nerfed the economy for no reason.

It's really like that they hate seeing us be too happy or something. And now with quest system for exotics, I can't even finish my sword because of some weird glitch/mistake. There are things that need to be address and nerfing weapon parts is definitely the least important. If some of the developers played their own game, they'd know that the majority of people went broke rerolling during HoW.

It's just relentlessly fun, even if you're getting crushed, you're dead for about a fourteenth of a second and then you're back in the mix for another shot.

I've literally never played a game of PVP in a year + that featured full stop dominance of any kind of spawn camping or sniping behavior, the kind where you literally don't have a chance to move your head before you're dead again.

I'm not including Trials here, because that was the most mercilessly unsatisfying PVP experience I've had in gaming history. THAT is a game mode where you will get crushed before you even have a chance to poke your head out.

But regular PVP, even IB, is unstoppable fun, winning or losing.

I agree, accept about Trials. Before trials, I did not take PVP seriously at all and played casually. Post-trials it has become one of my favorite activities. There may be some balance problems, but nothing beats the joy of coming back from 4-1 to win the game.

And now I can blow kisses to seal it off hahah.

It's hard not to think that Bungie studios is divided on how Destiny should be curated. TTK was a wonderful expansion and the patches following nerfed the economy for no reason.

It's really like that they hate seeing us be too happy or something. And now with quest system for exotics, I can't even finish my sword because of some weird glitch/mistake. There are things that need to be address and nerfing weapon parts is definitely the least important. If some of the developers played their own game, they'd know that the majority of people went broke rerolling during HoW.

Man I am so glad I never sunk down that hole. I'm sitting on like 350 wps wondering what all the fuss is about.

Nerf drop rates of motes, weapon parts, etc, and then nerf spawn rates in patrol zones so you are less able to farm out there. Genius.

I wonder how much silver it will cost to increase spawn rates...

600 silver, coz the smallest amount you can buy is 500.

Now try and become legend. :p

Bogeypop

Yeay! The 3rd Black Spindle day did not elude me. Thank you Bogey for the run, that went so quick.

Spindle Group #5(?) Complete. Hoho for breakfast and ZServ are next. Reminder to send me a PM to get on the Waiting List for help obtaining your Black Spindle.

Further reminder, do not use the Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you or you will be booted from the fireteam.

Ikkarus

Lol, I'm an OK sniper now that I completely got rid of my high five after sniping (yay for Jumper scheme). TLW nerf forced me to use my sniper as primary.
Hopefully Ikkarus is reading this, I always get scolded by him for having the least captures :(
Scolded is such an ugly word. I just mearly comment on it. :)

In all honesty I know you're a great sniper and stopping people reaching B is almost as good as capturing a zone, almost. ;P

I've been using Bad Juju and love it even more than I did Y1. Yesterday was consistently top of my team in IB when in the losing team and the second or third top scorer per match. Averaged over 4000 points. I was stunned at my performance since I never did this good in Y1, even with TLW.

Yeah I like Bad Juju. It's a solid weapon now for sure.

Red Death I've used in PvP before and it was enjoyable but felt sluggish.

Hawkmoon is really for nostalgia purposes tbh as HC's are pretty shit tier now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom