• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I just dont see how some people can play IB and ToO (hell, any PvP for that matter) with the state of Crucible.

The complete lack of balanced weapons and abilities along with the disgusting network code and lag... ugh. I'd have a heart attack if i was trying to go 9w in ToO!

Lag isn't too bad actually and Destiny is one of the best shooters out right now. Bungie nailed the most important part.

The loot. That's how. Trials had the best looking gear/perks. It will be the same this time around.

Really? I'm a Destiny noob still. Had two lvl 34's back in vanilla... quit... only one 300+ lvl 40 now...

I was under the impression that most of the IB and ToO rewards were 'visual rewards' that were always matched or beaten by other drop/purchase gear/weapons?

GlamFM

Banned
Really? I'm a Destiny noob still. Had two lvl 34's back in vanilla... quit... only one 300+ lvl 40 now...

I was under the impression that most of the IB and ToO rewards were 'visual rewards' that were always matched or beaten by other drop/purchase gear/weapons?

Sure, but infusion makes stats more or less meaningless. Destiny is kind of a dress up sim right now.

Can´t wait for my full IB Titan set. Will infuse it will all my Raid stuff.

Thx for the info, can buy as many cards as you want? The ToO gear expected to be 290?

Looking forward to it, must Gaf people have their teams set? I'm up for a run or two if anyone is running. Thx again

You can buy as many cards as you want. However you can only each buffs once per card. You will only gain each of the packages once per character per weekend
unless Bungie changed that
. Last ToO gears was already at max values for Year 1. But I dont know what its gonna be this time around.

There are some changes such as bounties and a few more that I do not remember as of now.

maomaoIYP

It never ceases to amaze me that there are idiots who still have no fucking clue how to play control.

YOU NEED TO TAKE B ON PANTHEON. DON'T SIT ON THE SPECIAL AMMO BOX AND PRETEND YOU'RE A MASTER SNIPER.

Where is my favorite gif that expresses my feelings for some of these actives such as grinding corn flakes..

Lol yes!

Yet people in this very forum consistently get to mercury and even carry scrubs.

All of the shortcomings PvP has can be conquered with "skill" it seems.

Flaws in game design shouldn't need to be conquered IMHO. I mean, i can make a burnt apple pie from the downtown bakery taste great with some ice cream... but it doesn't change the fact that the baker fucked up and i'm eating burnt cake.

Lag isn't too bad actually and Destiny is one of the best shooters out right now. Bungie nailed the most important part.

I cant disagree with this one more. The shooting mechanics are epic!!! The experience how it plays out in current multiplayer... is not! Bungie nailed the art direction and base gunplay but severely dropped the ball when it came to content (initial), story and multiplayer PvP.

This all said... i still love the PvE, strikes and raids... some of the most fun out there!

Thx for the info, can buy as many cards as you want? The ToO gear expected to be 290?

Looking forward to it, must Gaf people have their teams set? I'm up for a run or two if anyone is running. Thx again

You can buy as many cards as you want but you need coins to buy the boons. 9 total to start with a win, forgive a loss and your next win counts as double. So if you start a fresh card and win the first game you'll be 3-0

I haven't seen many coins drop from rewards in regular crucible but after one card you should have enough to buy all 3 (and always will get more coins than you put in if you lose 3/4 games)

Its easy to pick up a group for running a card, though success comes down to a lot of factors; luck in matchmaking (though this has been negated to a degree now you'll be matched against teams with the same win record as you), skill/guns and the most important how you play as a team

Edit, try and have a high impact sniper that can revive kill (1000yd, stillpiercer, eirene) though this might not be needed as much as before due to changes in revive timers, try to have a 300 build that includes fast rez gear (alpha lupi, light beyond nemesis) and match your chest piece to your subclass for extra armour

E92 M3

I wish IB featured some old maps more often. Really tired of playing the new ones, ESPECIALLY Exodus Blue.

You guys can have that one back.

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #5 Complete! Darknyss09 and ??? are up! Need one more for a Spindle run!

PM me to get on the waiting list for help obtaining your Black Spindle. Also, if I'm helping you please don't use the Nightstalker glitch or I will boot you from the fireteam.

Tovarisc

I wish IB featured some old maps more often. Really tired of playing the new ones, ESPECIALLY Exodus Blue.

You guys can have that one back.

Shared pain is better than suffering alone.

Undying Mind and Dust Palace are also treats that we want to share with you!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Will there be a carry train for IB this GMT evening?
Yes, someone must carry me
everyone is just quitting :(

Lol, no mercy for the randoms
CRXCVIKXAAAXl2M.png:large

GorillaJu

Two matches in a row I was within 100 points to first place when it finished, and as the win screen comes up I am getting a kill that would put me over the top.

Fuckin hell this is a rough weekly.

Yes/No. Trials has some amazing looking gear with really good perks in HoW. Also, the reason I always played, the chest at the Lighthouse had the chance to drop exotics.

thing is, the slot for sleep simulant was not there prior to it appearing.
It was just thunderlord 3 swords and truth.. and i'm sure where the black spindle sits that was only 1 slot prior to its existance?

So god knows if there is more.
Yes it was. All of the discovered exotics had slots, even the Black Spindle. The Simulant dropped into the special area until this last patch and it definitely had a slot.

Well I know you can snipe, so that's not a problem. These are the dudes that just sit there the entire game with 2 kills and 20 deaths. It's insanely frustrating.

I'm not going to move away if they keep coming from the same side one by one ;)
But yeah I usually do this when we have B...2-20 and not moving from the same spot is stupid yes xD

phen0m24

It never ceases to amaze me that there are idiots who still have no fucking clue how to play control.

YOU NEED TO TAKE B ON PANTHEON. DON'T SIT ON THE SPECIAL AMMO BOX AND PRETEND YOU'RE A MASTER SNIPER.

I love love love Pantheon

Throwing an armor of light bubble on B = Come at me bro

I used to do this :(

In his defense maomao, he kinda is a master sniper. ;)

If EJ's covering the opposite approach to B, you could almost take a nap at the point.

flkraven

Last night I had the wolf cloak drop on my hunter and he was only rank 1, so you don't need to be rank 2 to get IB drops (My Titan is rank 2 though...).

Also, I had a Hacksaw drop with Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, and Small Bore. Good to go?

Yeah, but the pacing of the encounters leading up to the boss feels odd for some reason lol.

Not as bad as getting scrub teammates on echo chamber, welp I'm holding the relic and still getting more kills than my two "teammates" while having to revive both of them repeatedly.

E92 M3

I hope Bungie lets us remap all emotes soon because I don't want to buy more until I can use multiple at once.

Not as bad as getting scrub teammates on echo chamber, welp I'm holding the relic and still getting more kills than my two "teammates" while having to revive both of them repeatedly.

Yeah, happy we don't have to do that lol.

PuMa

I just dont see how some people can play IB and ToO (hell, any PvP for that matter) with the state of Crucible.

The complete lack of balanced weapons and abilities along with the disgusting network code and lag... ugh. I'd have a heart attack if i was trying to go 9w in ToO!

I'm not sure how much PVP you played over the course of Y1. IB has always been a lag-fest. At least in previous IB's, we had higher loot drop rates.

In terms of the weapons balance, it's better now than it's ever been. Just look at all the varied discussions people are having about their preferred weapon loadouts. It might be slightly skewed towards pulse rifles, but everyone seems to have a different preference because almost anything is viable now (RIP hand cannons).

ToO is a completely different beast. Judging by your comment above, I can't tell if you've played it or not. There is occasionally an encounter against a crappy lag-ridden team, but it runs smoothly for the most part. Getting to Mercury is highly based on skill (or skill-carried).

Tovarisc

Got IB ship as post-match reward, talk about waste of loot roll. They didn't even bother to make new IB ship, it's same one from Y1.

Edit: I still don't like how IB ship looks like, never did. Vault of Glass and one of the DO ships ftw!

If EJ's covering the opposite approach to B, you could almost take a nap at the point.

Lol, I'm an OK sniper now that I completely got rid of my high five after sniping (yay for Jumper scheme). TLW nerf forced me to use my sniper as primary.
Hopefully Ikkarus is reading this, I always get scolded by him for having the least captures :(

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm not sure how much PVP you played over the course of Y1. IB has always been a lag-fest. At least in previous IB's, we had higher loot drop rates.

In terms of the weapons balance, it's better now than it's ever been. Just look at all the varied discussions people are having about their preferred weapon loadouts. It might be slightly skewed towards pulse rifles, but everyone seems to have a different preference because almost anything is viable now (RIP hand cannons).

ToO is a completely different beast. Judging by your comment above, I can't tell if you've played it or not. There is occasionally an encounter against a crappy lag-ridden team, but it runs smoothly for the most part. Getting to Mercury is highly based on skill (or skill-carried).

Skill carry to lighthouse you say? Sign me up! :)

maomaoIYP

Yeah I know how good Robinson is. I love Pantheon too, but randoms always forget that the map has three lanes and just pile up into the lane with the special ammo. Then it's just free frags for the team that has B.

flkraven

The respawn rates, at least on the Cosmodrome, appear to be nerfed. A buddy last night (who always patrols the drome) noticed that enemies would take quite a bit longer to respawn after being killed and now Reddit is saying the same thing.

PuMa

Nah, ToO rewards were top tier. It was one of the few ways to get elemental primaries last time around. IB was more visual most of the time, but there were some top tier weapons/rolls there at times (Felwinter's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom