• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got a drop!

Q97fxcl.jpg

Also, switched to Hawkmoon and PvP started to feel more like the old.

Fuck this new PR-pea-shooter meta!

PuMa

So I need to hit Rank 4 in IB tonight so I can spend these marks. I am at 160 and will be at 190 once I finish the daily stuff...

Puma, you used the FWC pulse, what's that like? I saw some people wrecking shop with it. I started off very strong with my Hawksaw last night, but tapered off.

It's solid, but I like my PDX41 better.

I'd die! Add in Does Not Bow and those are my 3 most favorite legendary primaries!!!

So would I! Luckily they went into my vault :p

Jesus nearly had a heart attack.

Going through my vault clearing out all my old weapons. feelsbadman.png

I know I can always go and buy the old Y1 exotics that I have and pump some motes into them if I ever want to use them, which I probably won't as their attack values are shit, but still.

Even the old legendaries are getting deleted for the weapon parts.

For people low on weapon parts, consider dumping motes into your blues. The economy nerfs reduced the efficiency of this, but it's still worth it.

I'm sure someone will come out with a guide to maximize returns since the most recent patch, but I'll give you something quick and dirty that seems to be accurate for me so far (fairly small sample size so take with a grain of salt). Again, this is not optimized or anything, just simple:

3 motes returns 1 for heavy and special
9 motes returns 1 for primary
9 motes returns 1 for every other slot

So, if you can amass some blues (special and heavy will be the bottleneck here), this is a very quick way to maximize your returns by using multiples of 3.

Let's do one example where you have stockpiled three unique pieces of blue armor (or ghost or artifact), 1 primary, 3 special, and 3 heavy. Use 3 motes, switch out your special and heavy, then repeat that process twice for a total use of 9 motes.

Now dismantle everything - you will have used 9 motes and you will return 10 (3 special, 3 heavy, 1 primary, and 3 from your other slots). Thus, you've lost nothing despite not optimizing the amount of slots or the motes put in, and yet you still increase the weapon parts you return from dismantling by 7 (double), same for armor parts, and you will get more glimmer. If you just care about weapon parts but only have a few blues, you can still use the process to double your parts return with a smaller loss of motes (for instance, using weapons only in the above example would result in a loss of only 2 motes).

It sounds complicated, but it's really not once you do the process a few times, and it's definitely worth it.

EDIT: Seems special is inconsistent. Worked for me first 4 times, but not the last 2. I'd change the above analysis to dump in 9 motes to special to guarantee a return there (resulting in a net loss of 1), but the idea is the same.

Number45

I was doing my Daily PvP for Marks, and thought to myself. "I bet today is a Spindle Day considering I took yesterday off and today I planned on hitting IB full force again." And sure enough it is. Guess Iron Banner will have to wait until Saturday. Black Spindle Sherpa is open for business.

Send me a PM if you want to get on the waiting list.
Hope you're still around later, I'd love to have a go at this!

Bogeypop is an hero!

Finally got Black Spindle. I don't know if you remember but I sucked last time it was the daily (didn't know what I was doing lol) and we didn't get it. So thanks Bogey for the easy run.

So would I! Luckily they went into my vault :p

Jesus nearly had a heart attack.

Going through my vault clearing out all my old weapons. feelsbadman.png

I know I can always go and buy the old Y1 exotics that I have and pump some motes into them if I ever want to use them, which I probably won't as their attack values are shit, but still.

Even the old legendaries are getting deleted for the weapon parts.

Ohhh ok, 'feeew'! lol

I need to do the same but some of my yr1 exotics and even a handful of legendaries will remain just in case Bungie pulls any future "Hey bring back the one's you loved with these new consumables!" deals.

For clearing out a full inventory... must one still take every fucking object out and onto a character to delete!? Do any of the inventory manager apps/programs allow you to delete from vault yet?

The Iron Banner grind is killing my love of this game. I just don't have enough time during the week to feel comfortable about hitting rank 5 and I never get to play on the weekend.

All for a pulse rifle that I will only really need during Iron Banner. The anxiety I feel is tinged with irony.

Jito

Banned
Lol RNG please, played like 20 odd games yesterday to finally get a Wolfswood Mark as I reach rank 3. First game played today I get another Wolfswood Mark, what the hell Bungie?

But it dropped at 293? I thought you could only get 280 from IB drops

Lol RNG please, played like 20 odd games yesterday to finally get a Wolfswood Mark as I reach rank 3. First game played today I get another Wolfswood Mark, what the hell Bungie?

But it dropped at 293? I thought you could only get 280 from IB drops

I think they can drop at 280 to 300.

LifEndz

For people low on weapon parts, consider dumping motes into your blues. The economy nerfs reduced the efficiency of this, but it's still worth it.

I'm sure someone will come out with a guide to maximize returns since the most recent patch, but I'll give you something quick and dirty that seems to be accurate for me so far (fairly small sample size so take with a grain of salt). Again, this is not optimized or anything, just simple:

3 motes returns 1 for heavy and special
9 motes returns 1 for primary
9 motes returns 1 for every other slot

So, if you can amass some blues (special and heavy will be the bottleneck here), this is a very quick way to maximize your returns by using multiples of 3.

Let's do one example where you have stockpiled three unique pieces of blue armor (or ghost or artifact), 1 primary, 3 special, and 3 heavy. Use 3 motes, switch out your special and heavy, then repeat that process twice for a total use of 9 motes.

Now dismantle everything - you will have used 9 motes and you will return 10 (3 special, 3 heavy, 1 primary, and 3 from your other slots). Thus, you've lost nothing despite not optimizing the amount of slots or the motes put in, and yet you still increase the weapon parts you return from dismantling by 7 (double), same for armor parts, and you will get more glimmer. If you just care about weapon parts but only have a few blues, you can still use the process to double your parts return with a smaller loss of motes (for instance, using weapons only in the above example would result in a loss of only 2 motes).

It sounds complicated, but it's really not once you do the process a few times, and it's definitely worth it.

Thanks for this. My problem is that even getting a blue weapon drop is pretty rare (pun intended). As is I usually get a piece of armor or class item.

Bogeypop

Hey Bogey, phone won't let me PM you so okay that I request placement on the list like this?

Need to put something in the Title/Subject Line on mobile to send a PM for some reason.

That being said, Spindle Group #6(?) complete. keakster and ArkkAngel007 are next. Reminder to send me a PM if you want to get on the Waiting List for help obtaining the Black Spindle.

Further reminder if I'm helping you please don't use the Nightstalker glitch or I will boot you from the Fireteam.

You can also just go buy sleeper simulant from blue print kiosk, MoL level it, disassemble and get weapons parts back. You also get the exotic shard back to buy another. Credit to a reddit post for this idea.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Iron Banner grind is killing my love of this game. I just don't have enough time during the week to feel comfortable about hitting rank 5 and I never get to play on the weekend.

All for a pulse rifle that I will only really need during Iron Banner. The anxiety I feel is tinged with irony.

It's not worth it. You can grab a vendor pulse rifle and get 99.99999% of the same value out of it. I'd never play IB just for the items. They've never been worth it since release.

LifEndz

You can also just go buy sleeper simulant from blue print kiosk, MoL level it, disassemble and get weapons parts back. You also get the exotic shard back to buy another. Credit to a reddit post for this idea.

Doesn't that cost 150 legendary marks? Seems like a steep price to pay for what...10 weapon parts?

Mupod

The only legendary IB drop I saw last night in our group was one titan mark - the last IB I did, drop rates were low but not THAT low. Someone would find a weapon every other game. Has anyone found Y2 Jolder's, Felwinter's, etc?

Kinda curious if there's a new Space Bus too or if the old one still drops at all. Funny to me how they have still not fixed its model, makes the new story quests silly when your ship flies past while missing a bunch of polygons and textures.

havent done court of oryx in a while but id imagine its a fantastic place for getting weapons parts. tons of blue drops and weapon drops in general

Doesn't that cost 150 legendary marks? Seems like a steep price to pay for what...10 weapon parts?

It should be like buying a Black Spindle from the kiosk, which is just an exotic shard and I think 1500/2500 glimmer.

They only cost marks if you haven't got the Y2 version already.

Need to put something in the Title/Subject Line on mobile to send a PM for some reason.

That being said, Spindle Group #6(?) complete. keakster and ArkkAngel007 are next. Reminder to send me a PM if you want to get on the Waiting List for help obtaining the Black Spindle.

Further reminder if I'm helping you please don't use the Nightstalker glitch or I will boot you from the Fireteam.

Do we know how often this mission comes up? Like is it on a schedule?

I have a friend who needs it, but we can't play today. If there's a schedule, then we can plan ahead.

Nope, just one exotic shard and 2,500 glimmer. The marks are only for weapons you had a Y1 version of and want to buy the Y2 version off. Once you have owned something, it is only one exotic shard and glimmer.

Tovarisc

How much do you get from each of the bounties with daily buff?

Didn't pay attention to numbers, but returning weeklies got me from Rank 4 1/4th to 5 with ease.

Unstable is using it. Says it's a freaking laser. Like hopscotch. That's his words, not mine.

It's laser, every bullet hitting to where you aim. Does 32 damage / hit to the head in normal Crucible. Minus points from using PS model that has those big metal plates at sides, makes ADS feel super constricted;

Edit: A lots of hunters using glitch in normal Crucible. Very noticeable when they fire off two fast arrows and then just stand still for few seconds, gotta visit that menu. Daily PvP was filled with glitcher hunters.

It's not worth it. You can grab a vendor pulse rifle and get 99.99999% of the same value out of it. I'd never play IB just for the items. They've never been worth it since release.
This was my thought as I fell asleep last night. I can just buy the Villainy and be done with it.

Or get used to the raid pulse. Or just stick to the Boolean Gemini - which I have being doing very well with.

I only like this game when I can keep my "keeping-up-with-the-joneses" anxiety to a minimum.

Thanks for this. My problem is that even getting a blue weapon drop is pretty rare (pun intended). As is I usually get a piece of armor or class item.

The biggest issue is definitely heavy weapons. They seem to drop less than other slots in my experience but give the biggest returns. However, the key to this that I tried to point out is that you don't need to have something in every slot. You are essentially able to convert a small amount of motes into lots of parts and glimmer if you can just fill a handful of slots with blues.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
I've played since beta, but this is the first iron banner I've actually participated in. Rarely ever played PvP during year 1 but have really grown to enjoy it in year 2. I've been missing out. Any advice or secrets that I should know about?

Didn't pay attention to numbers, but returning weeklies got me from Rank 4 1/4th to 5 with ease.

It's laser, every bullet hitting to where you aim. Does 32 damage / hit to the head in normal Crucible. Minus points from using PS model that has those big metal plates at sides, makes ADS feel super constricted;

IT'S THE HYPESCOTCH! PRAISE BE TO THE GODS. SHE LIVES!

7 more hours of work!? HALP

Edit: The Sights! The Wings! PUMA IT'S REAL.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does anyone need 1x Titan scrub for Trials?

I kinda wanna try and get them flawless yaknow

Idk why but PvP is growing on me due to GAF IB groups

I've played since beta, but this is the first iron banner I've actually participated in. Rarely ever played PvP during year 1 but have really grown to enjoy it in year 2. I've been missing out. Any advice or secrets that I should know about?
Watcha mean? Seems like Pulse rifles are the current meta as of now.
need 1 more for spindle anyone need it or can help?

psn: inlikeslinn
I can give you a hand, might as well get dat exotic shard for reasons on my titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom