• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well are you eating pie or cake? Your whole story is falling apart.

db493484aaba90451248ff2614d90ec947bb337a4e5109cabe2e4ba97222a679.jpg

spyder_ur

Sound advice, but it's trials and IB this week. I need to work on my PvP skillz and don't have time to grind strikes.

I hear you. Only in the last day or two did I feel like I was in any kind of a flow with the new PvP. I think I settled on Jade Rabbit or 310 Hawkmoon (probably my best raid drop to date, to be honest) as primary, but I'm still kind of unsure. I'm excited though, at least to see how it turns out. The old Trials routine got a bit stale after a while.

Maybe we'll get to run a card or two this weekend.

LifEndz

that quest-line was brutal but I've actually managed to complete it , unlike the exotic sword & sleeper quests. farming materials for hours is worse than almost anything in the game and I've probably spent 4 hours on mars waiting for that non-existant warsat to repair the sleeper lol

I actually didn't think it was that difficult, but it was tedious as all hell. It wouldn't end. It's like they were just padding it with objectives and when you finally finish the reward is a 150 weapon? Wtf?

How does the raid signup work? I've never run it to completion and Id like to knock it out tomorrow so I can step away from this game until they fix the economy.

neoism

I wish IB featured some old maps more often. Really tired of playing the new ones, ESPECIALLY Exodus Blue.

You guys can have that one back.

lol we played like 20 games or somethin like that last night, we played twilight crap 3-5 times in a row... and rusted lands a bunch of times but thankfully rusted lands is one of the better OG maps. they do need to mix up the old maps and the new maps a little better, but we never played on a new map but once i think...reaaaally wish they would throw in clash in IB that way more maps could be in the playlist.

realcZk

I actually didn't think it was that difficult, but it was tedious as all hell. It wouldn't end. It's like they were just padding it with objectives and when you finally finish the reward is a 150 weapon? Wtf?

How does the raid signup work? I've never run it to completion and Id like to knock it out tomorrow so I can step away from this game until they fix the economy.

yeah the rewards throughout the questline were questionable, seems like they were targetting fresh players. at least the questline unlocks the shaxx bounties which give you nightfall tier (lmao) rewards.

matmanx1

Safe to say I'm not getting this top overall score part of the weekly bounty done lol.

Yeah, that particular quest sort of hurts for those of us who are solidly average. Especially during a week when all of the really serious PVP'ers are out in force. Odds are that I will not be top scorer for a single game this week even though I can accomplish the other steps (and have already, except for Rank 4).

Hmmmm Bad Juju or Red Death GAF?

Or curveball, Hawkmoon.

I find Red Death more "comfortable" to use but haven't really given Bad Juju Y2 version much of a chance. Hawkmoon is a wild card. When it procs it can be a two bullet kill but when it doesn't it's a slightly better than average HC. Basically, go with what feels best to you.

I don't take it that serious. IB is just a good way to spend some time for a little while every day. Competition is enjoyable. Besides PvP isn't any worse than it's ever been. There have always been BS supers, OP metas, lag, etc from jump street.

Yep, listen to this man. I enjoy the competition and the steady progress towards rank-ups and bounty completions. Unlocking that pulse rifle at Rank 5 will be the cherry on top.

From what I notice most people do. Just quote someone who is doing a fresh raid and mention its your first time.

Or make a listing such as

Fresh King's fall raid on Y
1) Beep
2) bop
3) boo
4) pew
5) blah blah
6)

need X more or any extra information blah blah blah

GutZ31

>GAF shits on Side Arms
>GutZ proceeds to 13 kill streak with Side Arm alone
>GAF shits on Side Arms

Give them the D,
The Jabberhakke-D.

As soon as I saw the IB drop rates increase bit from Bungie I assumed that would mean, they would increase as the event progressed. There is no way rank 5 weapons and armor were going to be dropping all the time in the first few days. Wait till the weekend, I bet we will see way more loot dropping. If you could quickly get drops for the very small pool of IB loot, people would be able to stop playing after a single day, which defeats the purpose. They want to pad out the length of IB as much as possible. That still means grinding to rank 5 for most, so they can be assured the gear they want, but the "increased loot drop" and "primary means of obtaining gear" is Bungie speak for, "Drops rates will increase each day, which allows people who only play IB a bit on the weekend, an actual chance at getting gear, since rank 5 was never obtainable for them."

LifEndz

yeah the rewards throughout the questline were questionable, seems like they were targetting fresh players. at least the questline unlocks the shaxx bounties which give you nightfall tier (lmao) rewards.

That's true. Now I have a chance to get a weapon I don't have the weapon parts to upgrade and infuse to max light. LoL.

E92 M3

Man I am so glad I never sunk down that hole. I'm sitting on like 350 wps wondering what all the fuss is about.

Yeah same here. I am a hoarder, but limited myself to 5 rerolls a day if needed. It's unfortunate that Bungie designed a game where hoarding is the best way to play.

I've been trained to hoard since I started playing JRPGS back in the day and never using elixirs or 1-use items that can't be purchased lol.

lol we played like 20 games or somethin like that last night, we played twilight crap 3-5 times in a row... and rusted lands a bunch of times but thankfully rusted lands is one of the better OG maps. they do need to mix up the old maps and the new maps a little better, but we never played on a new map but once i think...reaaaally wish they would throw in clash in IB that way more maps could be in the playlist.

Firebase Delphi was my favorite IB map and now we don't have it at all :( It was always so chaotic and fun.

spyder_ur

Is everybody saving their weekly IB bounties for later in the week when the buff is bigger?

I don't really care about getting the bigger buff - but I'm actually waiting because I'm almost maxed out on marks but I've been switching characters in IB so I'm not high enough level to spend them. And now apparently they are going to rain from Trials as well so not sure what I'm gonna do.

Week One Trials Map

CROSSROADS

I could actually kind of see that, at least just as much as I can imagine any other map in this expansion. I'm not sure how any of them with a teleporter would play though.

I don't think it's guaranteed that it will be rerollable. Also, they've added some cool Trials specific perks like extra agility when you're the last member alive on your fireteam.

Sorry should have been more specific lighthouse gear will be rerollable, stuff that drops/bought will be fixed stats

Good advice - does anyone know how much the armor boost is?

I don't think being 300 is going to mean much of anything. .

It gives you +1 so for a gunslinger with max armour it will take you from 8 to 9 or +12.5%.

Is everybody saving their weekly IB bounties for later in the week when the buff is bigger?

I'm waiting till they will just boost me straight to rank 5 so will probably put them in Saturday, though they're sitting there waiting to be turned in by a clumsy click

Spindle Group #5(?) Complete. Hoho for breakfast and ZServ are next. Reminder to send me a PM to get on the Waiting List for help obtaining your Black Spindle.

Further reminder, do not use the Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you or you will be booted from the fireteam.
Hey Bogey, phone won't let me PM you so okay that I request placement on the list like this?

LifEndz

From what I notice most people do. Just quote someone who is doing a fresh raid and mention its your first time.

Or make a listing such as

Fresh King's fall raid on Y
1) Beep
2) bop
3) boo
4) pew
5) blah blah
6)

need X more or any extra information blah blah blah

Thanks. Played IB with gaffers last night and it's miles different than with random lfg'ers. Not once did someone's baby cry right in the mic, everyone spoke English and no squeakers.

Went for Red Death but now I have no weapon parts.

Fuck.

If I had known that Bugie was gonna change the weapon parts drop rate then I wouldn't have sunk all of mine into faction Rep.

Fuck.

I hear you. Only in the last day or two did I feel like I was in any kind of a flow with the new PvP. I think I settled on Jade Rabbit or 310 Hawkmoon (probably my best raid drop to date, to be honest) as primary, but I'm still kind of unsure. I'm excited though, at least to see how it turns out. The old Trials routine got a bit stale after a while.

Maybe we'll get to run a card or two this weekend.

I'm digging red death. Pretty much every kill I get regens my health between that and tian perks. I don't know if that will be as much of a factor when there are only three people to kill.

I'll keep an eye out for an open spot with you this weekend.

1000 yard stare with hot swap is OP btw.

shem935

Banned
The brown IB bounties count towards the shaxx weekly ones when you turn them in

so with the three IB bounties done and two of the shaxx weekly ones, you'll get the nightfall motes

I actually got a spare change with glass half full, four shots, and braced frame. Hmmm. I will give it a shot.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Time to get some other stuff done, thanks for IB train.

Will try and get a group later as well. Gotta get that Rank 5.

I'm curious about the ToO and their perks.

realcZk

I actually got a spare change with glass half full, four shots, and braced frame. Hmmm. I will give it a shot.

nice, i don't actually know if the crucible weekly bounty reward pool is different than nightfall. i haven't gotten a charged rune or a single strange coin yet so thats a plus.

So I need to hit Rank 4 in IB tonight so I can spend these marks. I am at 160 and will be at 190 once I finish the daily stuff...

Puma, you used the FWC pulse, what's that like? I saw some people wrecking shop with it. I started off very strong with my Hawksaw last night, but tapered off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom