• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does the IB mark still give about XP boost to IB? I just had one drop at the end of a match.

Yes, Emblem, Shader and Marks/Class item

Have all equipped for a nice 33% extra boost. 2 equipped gives 21% and 1 gives 10%

Friend just sent me this lol:

mqXNnH7C.jpg:large

Mupod

I've played since beta, but this is the first iron banner I've actually participated in. Rarely ever played PvP during year 1 but have really grown to enjoy it in year 2. I've been missing out. Any advice or secrets that I should know about?

only play with GAF. I honestly only like IB so much because it's the one time you can regularly get crucible groups here, but this time it's also nice because it's forcing everyone to use new guns instead of old OP shit.

Although it's a bit aggravating because I simply do not have a Y2 gun that really works for me in PVP at the moment. I've just been cycling through everything I have. Keep going back to Juju even though I'm not a big fan of needing 4 bursts to kill things, I'm always chasing that extra super meter to throw more hammers at people. Last night I wiped half of the enemy team, ran to the other side of the map and then killed everybody as they respawned. So dumb.

Has anyone else been using Hereafter? Maybe I had just hit a perfect moment of drunk-ness last night but I was doing far better with it than Eirene.

stay gold

Trials doesn't only last for a week like IB does it? I want to get in on it this time but I feel so unprepared, I need another week lol.

Yes, Emblem, Shader and Marks/Class item

Have all equipped for a nice 33% extra boost. 2 equipped gives 21% and 1 gives 10%

If you don't have the Year 2 one, but do have the Year 1 class item, equip it when you turn in bounties. Also, if you're feeling brave, equip it right before a match ends.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Welp. Good thing my Xbox is basically Just a Halo + Sunset OverDrive machine lol

I want an Xbox for Halo D: I was about to buy it but then site fuckup wouldn't let me and now im back to arguing with myself if i can justify it even tho i have the money for it.
Wait, trials are up now? I don't have time for all this stuff!
Starts tomorrow, and i hope they fixed Hunter exploit by then, if not ill be heading to ebay and getting that sweet sweet hunter carry for $70 :p

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Watcha mean? Seems like Pulse rifles are the current meta as of now.

Good to know, I've kinda been jumping back and forth between weapons trying to figure out what works best for me. Red Death/Red Spectre have been serving me pretty well.

Using my Titan I get more captures as a defender and more kills as a Sunbreaker... Which is more important? I'd assume kills, but does that really matter if I'm stuck with a bunch of randoms who aren't really working as a team to capture and keep zones?

The biggest issue is definitely heavy weapons. They seem to drop less than other slots in my experience but give the biggest returns. However, the key to this that I tried to point out is that you don't need to have something in every slot. You are essentially able to convert a small amount of motes into lots of parts and glimmer if you can just fill a handful of slots with blues.

Lol...I just got a heavy blue that I was about to dump motes into to shard for parts. It's 295, and my PvP launcher is 289. I need this blue for infusion. Cost 10 parts. I still have 5 at least since I didn't fill in the first bubble on my shotgun yet.

keakster

Need to put something in the Title/Subject Line on mobile to send a PM for some reason.

That being said, Spindle Group #6(?) complete. keakster and ArkkAngel007 are next. Reminder to send me a PM if you want to get on the Waiting List for help obtaining the Black Spindle.

Further reminder if I'm helping you please don't use the Nightstalker glitch or I will boot you from the Fireteam.

GAF Gold to Bogey for the run, quick and smooth! Thanks

I want an Xbox for Halo D: I was about to buy it but then site fuckup wouldn't let me and now im back to arguing with myself if i can justify it even tho i have the money for it.

Starts tomorrow, and i hope they fixed Hunter exploit by then, if not ill be heading to ebay and getting that sweet sweet hunter carry for $70 :p

I thought they were trying to curb the Trials carries? Isn't that why they have made it more difficult to achieve?

If they wanted to do that the solution is simple: Once you go 9-0 you can't play ToO. That would cause a huge shitstorm however lol

Trials doesn't only last for a week like IB does it? I want to get in on it this time but I feel so unprepared, I need another week lol.
Should be ToO every weekend from Friday 1 pm EDT to Tuesday 5 am EDT if its the same as last year.

Good to know, I've kinda been jumping back and forth between weapons trying to figure out what works best for me. Red Death/Red Spectre have been serving me pretty well.

Using my Titan I get more captures as a defender and more kills as a Sunbreaker... Which is more important? I'd assume kills, but does that really matter if I'm stuck with a bunch of randoms who aren't really working as a team to capture and keep zones?

I believe capturing points just doubles or triples your points earn from kills if you have 2 flags or 3 flags. ehhh varies on the situation with blueberries, but I dont play pvp without a team in its current state.

LifEndz

It should be like buying a Black Spindle from the kiosk, which is just an exotic shard and I think 1500/2500 glimmer.

They only cost marks if you haven't got the Y2 version already.

Nope, just one exotic shard and 2,500 glimmer. The marks are only for weapons you had a Y1 version of and want to buy the Y2 version off. Once you have owned something, it is only one exotic shard and glimmer.

Exotics are 1 exotic shard and 2500 glimmer if you own them

I saw that on Reddit as well and its crazy 25k glimmer for 30-50 weapon parts

Nice! I'll try this tonight. Maybe a work around the nerf. Thanks guys.

Bogeypop

Do we know how often this mission comes up? Like is it on a schedule?

I have a friend who needs it, but we can't play today. If there's a schedule, then we can plan ahead.

At first it seemed to come once a week around Wednesday or Thursday, but it was absent last week. So who knows what the schedule for it being the Daily is.

Spindle Group 7(?) Complete. B̶u̶d̶o̶k̶a̶i̶M̶R̶2̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶. Reminder to send me a PM if you'd like to be put on the waiting list for help obtaining the Black Spindle.

Further reminder not to use the Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you or I will boot you from the fireteam.

EDIT: Seems he was trying to help his friends and they became disheartened and gave up, so Neo Geo and Kojirospath are up!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

At the end of the day, you don't win by getting flags. You win by getting kills. I've been on some teams that are a bit too flag-crazy. Get 2 flags, A/B or C/B then farm B for kills is ideally how it should work. While having 2 flags and getting kills is an advantage over 1 flag and kills, it's not such a big advantage that you throw yourself into a meat grinder repeatedly trying to get that second flag.

Tovarisc

What is this gun?! Hypescotch material? Please....

If so I'll be IB'ing on Saturday. Need Hypescotch 2.0

I never had Hypescotch 1.0, but this Iron Banner pulse rifle [Nirwen's Mercy] can be acquired at Rank 5, or if super lucky as post-match reward. It can achieve full stability which turns it into laser rifle with tiny recoil pattern up and to the right. It does 32 damage / hit to the head in normal Crucible. Perks are Outlaw and Third Eye. Magazine is 27 rounds when running full stability build, has Truesight IS as sights option.

Hypescotch 1.0 was something like this, or?

Edit: IB's warlock bond is sexy, that flaming wolf's head looks so gud.

ethomaz

Banned
My Spindle is 302 already... fuck bungie.

PS. I'm still rocking in IB with Hand Canons... it is too fast to kill dudes with TLW 2.0 or Hawkmoon 2.0.

spyder_ur

Lol RNG please, played like 20 odd games yesterday to finally get a Wolfswood Mark as I reach rank 3. First game played today I get another Wolfswood Mark, what the hell Bungie?

But it dropped at 293? I thought you could only get 280 from IB drops

To be fair, they said this would be the case and then if you didn't get it you could go to Salad face to buy them for marks. Problem is, with the marks cap and how many will be flowing if you run multiple characters for IB and Trials, I basically have to use them as soon as I hit rank 3 for the class item, rather than waiting to see if they drop.

Are regular crucible weapons dropping in IB at all? I feel like that might be why drop rates feel low - I was regularly getting those drops last go around and those were good guns.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
At the end of the day, you don't win by getting flags. You win by getting kills. I've been on some teams that are a bit too flag-crazy. Get 2 flags, A/B or C/B then farm B for kills is ideally how it should work. While having 2 flags and getting kills is an advantage over 1 flag and kills, it's not such a big advantage that you throw yourself into a meat grinder repeatedly trying to get that second flag.

I believe capturing points just doubles or triples your points earn from kills if you have 2 flags or 3 flags. ehhh varies on the situation with blueberries, but I dont play pvp without a team in its current state.

Ok, so then I should probably try to join a team here after work today if I can find any. This, and I should try to find some help with Spindle... Gonna be a busy evening.

Edit: Oh yeah and I still need to do the Solar and Arc exotic swords quest...

IB sidearm dropped randomly for me in IB yesterday just after I passed level 3.

It's kinda...meh. Dunno. The silencing of the weapon makes it sound like a toy.

Also feeling like sunbreaker feels squishier.

I think making the IB gear cost marks now is stupid.

Say you buy some other weapon that week, but you've grinder to level 5 IB rep, well tough shit cos you physically can't make any more marks that week and your IB rep is wiped for the next time.

How's that fair?

Tovarisc

I think making the IB gear cost marks now is stupid.

Say you buy some other weapon that week, but you've grinder to level 5 IB rep, well tough shit cos you physically can't make any more marks that week and your IB rep is wiped for the next time.

How's that fair?

Doing all three weekly IB bounties give you 75 marks. Then you get 30 / day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom