• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keakster

Anyone up for CoO level 3?

Need one more Fragment for Touch of Malice and the Agonarch ruin one is still bugged ..

psn keakster one

3x weekly crucible bounties done. Ended up receiving

310 Starfire Protocol
310 The Last Word
290 Party Crasher+1

Either I'm lucky or this drops better stuff than the nightfall

Tovarisc

Yeah but that assumes that you play every day and it then limits you to what you can purchase that week.

It's a grind on top of a grind.

Cap of 200 marks is more an issue than how to acquire them, imo. Cap feels super low as even semi-actively doing daily stuff you will be hitting against cap way too often, but then they run out instantly when anything worthwhile comes around to vendors.

X-Frame

Probably a stupid question but are the IB gear and weapon drops with random perks or are they the exact same as the ones sold by Lord Saladbar?

AngerdX

Yay finally 280 from 278 it was a struggle, any NF runs hoping to get that in too soon also when do people tend to go raid in ttk. :)

3x weekly crucible bounties done. Ended up receiving

310 Starfire Protocol
310 The Last Word
290 Party Crasher+1

Either I'm lucky or this drops better stuff than the nightfall

Nah, the drops are better. I've gotten

310 hereafter
290 eyalsuna (better base stats than hawkmoon)
310 saint-14

In 3/4 weeks of doing his bounties.

spyder_ur

I think making the IB gear cost marks now is stupid.

Say you buy some other weapon that week, but you've grinder to level 5 IB rep, well tough shit cos you physically can't make any more marks that week and your IB rep is wiped for the next time.

How's that fair?

I don't really see how you can get in that situation. 50 marks come from just one character playing IB, not to mention if you have multiples theres another 100 that come pretty easy. It looks like a similar haul from Trials if you play that. There is still daily story and daily crucible for 30 a day and legendary strikes for 30 a week, plus any you might get from dismantling legendaries.

Juggling the marks cap is the annoying part.

1. Still one or possibly two spots open for a Newbie VoG tonight at 9:00PM EST. Anyone is welcome of course. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform?usp=send_form

2. Outside of that I will be helping anyone who is looking to get their Black Spindle tonight. Still a pretty awesome sniper on the whole

I'm down for both of these things! I've done VoG before but I'd love to go back to it and see what's changed.

Pardon my ignorance - I don't pay attention to the daily happenings of Destiny - but the Black Spindle can only be acquire when a specific mission is the daily heroic mission right? Is that today again?

PSN: Not-A-Stalker

You just need to do it once now and you get it for all 3?

Yes.

But here's something cool. Say you had it unlocked on all three characters today. You could only do it on one because Returning Victor is stupid, and I'm going to keep saying it until everyone realizes it.

I'll give Luke Smith my word that I will not only not mention it for a month, but I will never mention it again once this bounty is changed or removed.

Yay finally 280 from 278 it was a struggle, any NF runs hoping to get that in too soon also when do people tend to go raid in ttk. :)
I say ~285 with a team that knows the raid.

I'm down for both of these things! I've done VoG before but I'd love to go back to it and see what's changed.

Pardon my ignorance - I don't pay attention to the daily happenings of Destiny - but the Black Spindle can only be acquire when a specific mission is the daily heroic mission right? Is that today again?

PSN: Not-A-Stalker
Black spindle is only in today's daily and whenever it returns. Move fast, for the boss encounter, (adds-->balls--> boss)^x = black spindle

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Doing all three weekly IB bounties give you 75 marks. Then you get 30 / day.

Yeah I think you could totally plan it out if you needed to.
You could even just hold onto those Iron Banner bounties for later if you wanted. It's like having an extra 75 marks in your wallet.

Bogeypop

Spindle Group 8(?) Complete! I Win Yet Again and Lone Dragon are next. Reminder to send me a PM if you'd like to get put on the Black Spindle help Waiting List.

Further reminder not to use Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you, please. Otherwise I will boot you from the Fireteam.

Kyne

can someone clarify me in one question about the first curse?
in the quest, i can use any weapon or i have to use the test one?

1. Still one or possibly two spots open for a Newbie VoG tonight at 9:00PM EST. Anyone is welcome of course. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform?usp=send_form

2. Outside of that I will be helping anyone who is looking to get their Black Spindle tonight. Still a pretty awesome sniper on the whole

probably hit you up for that spindle help later. shady and I still need it. :x

Namikaze1

Fucking hell. Another group with someone using the fucking glitch. I'm thinking of just fucking skipping Trials this week because of it.

GhaleonEB

My Spindle is 302 already... fuck bungie.

PS. I'm still rocking in IB with Hand Canons... it is too fast to kill dudes with TLW 2.0 or Hawkmoon 2.0.

Not to single you out too hard, but I really wish we could excise this kind of stuff from the discussion. This kind of thing is posted a lot (especially lately) and it's discouraging to see the thread drop so low. (It's also likely Exhibit A for why Bungie folks don't post much here.)

E92 M3

Not to single you out too hard, but I really wish we could excise this kind of stuff from the discussion. This kind of thing is posted a lot (especially lately) and it's discouraging to see the thread drop so low. (It's also likely Exhibit A for why Bungie folks don't post much here.)

I do agree with this. The goal is for us to show displeasure in a civil manner. I HATE the economy nerfs, but would love to see Bungie defend it or give some sort of reasons. The developers are people after all.

Tovarisc

Went into IB match with IB pulse rifle @ 294 Attack
  • 32 to head / bullet
  • 22 to body / bullet
  • 2[?] bursts to the head / kill
  • Range doesn't seem to affect damage that much / at all in PvP maps
  • Laser

PuMa

Agreed. It's almost become "the cool thing to say" for some reason.

Edit: Time for some TOP Bungie love!

keep-calm-and-love-bungie.png

hqdefault.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Come on guys, the actual weapon was not nerfed ever!
I think I understand what you're saying? But of course the old Black Hammer was substantially nerfed in that it actually had virtually infinite ammo
Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom