• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Not to single you out too hard, but I really wish we could excise this kind of stuff from the discussion. This kind of thing is posted a lot (especially lately) and it's discouraging to see the thread drop so low. (It's also likely Exhibit A for why Bungie folks don't post much here.)
While I don't defend the "fuck XXX" lines, even though I can sometimes understand the anger (or rather frustration) that make them happen, I hope Bungie folks can see past this and notice how the answers to the recent interventions of Luke Smith in here were all light-hearted and in good spirit. :)

Homeboyd

Weapon parts nerf and the spindle nerf were both bad moves. Strange coins I can sort of understand from a player progression standpoint, but if that was a big concern for them, 3 of coins should've never been introduced.

They desperately need a weapon parts solution for you guys who are completely out. Having to resort to leveling then sharding blues or exploiting the kiosk for weapon parts to level your gear is sad and in no way helps keep the player in check in terms of progression.

As for the spindle; before strats and glitches were posted, this was a tough mission (arguably the hardest in the game - and imo, still is). A 310 exotic throwback to an old favorite was an excellent reward for your efforts and really made people want to go for it. Rather than nerfing their power across the board, they should've just limited these to 1 drop per account vs per character. There are other 310 weapons that can be acquired via quests that are much, much, much easier to complete than this one. The kiosk patch is fine, but the first spindle you get to drop should remain at 310 imo.

th3dude

Spindle Group #5 Complete! Darknyss09 and ??? are up! Need one more for a Spindle run!

PM me to get on the waiting list for help obtaining your Black Spindle. Also, if I'm helping you please don't use the Nightstalker glitch or I will boot you from the fireteam.

I'll be looking to get mine sometime this evening, 6pm and on EDT.

purg3

slept with Malkin
This drop rate is ridiculously bad. Best in game and I did't get anything. Yet to get a IB drop at all.

Now I haven't played enough IB to say for certain (only rank 2) but based on what I'm seeing, that seems to be the case.

Which totally contradicts what bungie said about increasing them so that drops will be the primary means of getting gear in IB. Something clearly isn't right.

Last IB, drops seemed to be super frequent past Rank 2. Not sure what's going on this time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I understand what you're saying? But of course the old Black Hammer was substantially nerfed in that it actually had virtually infinite ammo

This isn't the Black Hammer and never has been. Besides, Black Hammer was nerfed months ago, so seems weird to reference a different weapon being nerfed months ago. Obviously you meant "still" because it was "nerfed" from 310 to 290/280. :)

Bogeypop

Seems everyone on the Waiting List has RSVP'd for prime time. Need one more for a Spindle Run.

For anyone else, send me a PM to get on the Black Spindle help Waiting List. Also don't send me PMs unless you're available within the next two hours. Anyone looking to get a Spindle run in the evening PM at that time.

Kyne

Destiny PS4 comes in today.

Gonna place these on top of it.

20151015_005720_zpsyo76hqcl.jpg

We full nerd now.

A straight answer on the Agnorach Rune and the reasoning behind nerfing weapons parts would go a long way. Not exactly ready to heave praise in their direction for very Y1 feeling community management.

E92 M3

Weapon parts nerf and the spindle nerf were both bad moves. Strange coins I can sort of understand from a player progression standpoint, but if that was a big concern for them, 3 of coins should've never been introduced.

They desperately need a weapon parts solution for you guys who are completely out. Having to resort to leveling then sharding blues or exploiting the kiosk for weapon parts to level your gear is sad and in no way helps keep the player in check in terms of progression.

As for the spindle; before strats and glitches were posted, this was a tough mission (arguably the hardest in the game - and imo, still is). A 310 exotic throwback to an old favorite was an excellent reward for your efforts and really made people want to go for it. Rather than nerfing their power across the board, they should've just limited these to 1 drop per account vs per character. There are other 310 weapons that can be acquired via quests that are much, much, much easier to complete than this one. The kiosk patch is fine, but the first spindle you get to drop should remain at 310 imo.

Weapon parts nerf was very egregious and not needed. I am still trying to figure out the rationale and always come down to the fact that certain people at Bungie just looked at numbers without properly extrapolating the data.

sajj316

I agree with you that the Black Spindle should have been kept at 310 for those that raged to get it. Reducing the attack for all .. when it was your error was wrong imho. I did not have the time to get 3 spindles so I can infuse my other weapons with 2 of them. After much trial and error, I got the spindle finally.

I felt cheated for my efforts ..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This isn't the Black Hammer and never has been. Besides, Black Hammer was nerfed months ago, so seems weird to reference a different weapon being nerfed months ago. Obviously you meant "still" because it was "nerfed" from 310 to 290/280. :)
Obviously. Sorry.

Using my Titan I get more captures as a defender and more kills as a Sunbreaker... Which is more important? I'd assume kills, but does that really matter if I'm stuck with a bunch of randoms who aren't really working as a team to capture and keep zones?

Controlling zones is just a score modifier for how many points each kill gives you.

0 Points Controlled: 100 points per kill
1 Point Controlled: 150 points per kill
2 Points Controlled: 200 points per kill
3 Points Controlled: 300 points per kill

So only having 1 point means you have to get 4 kills to match every 3 kills the other team gets. If the other team triple-caps you, immediately fall back to the safest cap point because a death there really hurts your team.

Like others have said, the key is to cap two points (typically B and one other) then sit back on them. Let them pull into the choke points so you can more easily kill them, don't overextend and never push too far into enemy spawn points.

Now I haven't played enough IB to say for certain (only rank 2) but based on what I'm seeing, that seems to be the case.

Which totally contradicts what bungie said about increasing them so that drops will be the primary means of getting gear in IB. Something clearly isn't right.

Last IB, drops seemed to be super frequent past Rank 2. Not sure what's going on this time.

I'm nearly Rank 4 and with nothing to show for it.

The thing about the weapons part nerf though is that if we, GAF, who are generally hardcore/higher than average players of the game have people struggling with weapon parts, then what the hell is it like for your average joe?

Navy Bean

PSA: the raid sniper has crazy AA for PvP. After getting destroyed by it one match I tried it out and wow...best PvP sniper I've used. (Of course, I'm a terrible sniper, but still).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The thing about the weapons part nerf though is that if we, GAF, who are generally hardcore/higher than average players of the game have people struggling with weapon parts, then what the hell is it like for your average joe?

They probably level up less weapons, so maybe it works out.

Tovarisc

How many bursts to the head is it to kill? Is it like year 1 Messenger?

I want say 2 bursts if you land all bullets to the head, but I'm bad at judging this stuff. Especially when there is a lots of going on in IB game so I can't be sure if I did all the damage to the target.

Maybe I should get Rumble friend and go test it out?

I only have 600 weapon parts left...

1500 weapon parts left, going to run out soon...

E92 M3

Average joe uses one assault rifle and is happy lol.

12.png

i think im safe until year 3

Hoarding has been paying off in dividends for me since I started playing Destiny. Still have nearly 3k in ascended materials. I'll keep saying this until it changes, but Bungie made a game where a minimalist (not upgrading anything extra) playstyle pays off.

Navy Bean

The dumbest part of the weapons parts nerf is that for many weapons you can't even tell if it's any good until you unlock the perks...and now it's just not worth leveling up a weapon unless you are sure ahead of time. Just a bad design choice.

Kyne

as someone who plays with average joes, they are still leveling up at around 290~. They don't have these first world problems.

Weapon parts nerf was very egregious and not needed. I am still trying to figure out the rationale and always come down to the fact that certain people at Bungie just looked at numbers without properly extrapolating the data.

Is unfortunate that some decisions are tainting the overall good will. "Fuck Bungie" is obviously a poor shortcut to show disappointment, BUT I really hope the message gets back to the number crunchers that they are single handedly sucking the fun out of the game.

R0ckman

I feel like the standard radar should be the the nightstalker's special one with more sectors than what we have now, maybe giving them the halo one. The standard one is garbage out side of when the enemy is on the perimiter of it. It has difficulty determining where the enemy is when they are right around you or a bit off in the sectors, it basically covers too much range.

How many bursts to the head is it to kill? Is it like year 1 Messenger?

A two-burst, all crit does 192 damage. So it's not really a 2-burst weapon. But!

From this excellent Pulse Rifle breakdown:

The Lowdown on 66 ROF weapons

If we're talking bodies... These guns are foolproof, plentiful, and consistent, as the most represented Pulse Rifle archetype in the game right now. Just ONE of the 9 bullets you shoot has to hit the head to guarantee a 3-burst KO with these guns. However, low downside means low upside - you'll never match the ideal kill times of the faster-firing 3-burst Pulse Rifles, or the slower-firing 2-burst Pulse Rifles. Jack of all trades, master of none.

The particular weapons are impressive - Nirwen's Mercy steals the show with 71 Stability and 65 Aim Assist, but closely behind is FWC's The Villainy at 65 Stability and 60 Aim Assist (but with 5 more Range than Nirwen's). Don't count out the SUROS PDX-41 though - with 48 Range, 68 Stability, and 55 Aim Assist, stacking it with double Stability perks gives you a feasible road to a much harder hitting version of the 73 RoF "laser" weapons discussed in the previous section.​

spyder_ur

Is the 'Carry more Rocket Launcher ammo' perk busted in PvP? I am only getting two rockets - using mostly The Vertigo to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom