• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I might take the plunge and waste 150 marks to get Red Death Y2 if Xur does not sell it tomorrow. I'm hearing that it wrecks in crucible. I will just reroll until I get counterbalance

TP-DK

Anyone having issues with the Shaxx bounties? The "Play the daily on three different days" doesn't count up for me. I did it yesterday and today and it's still on zero.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
3 matches in a row I've been dropped into a losing match. Starts to actually feel bad. I wish I hadn't caved tonight and played. The Shadowshot glitch was less common than I expected at least.

Fake edit: Dropped into 4th losing match as I was typing this but at least was able to turn that one around.

So today i'll have my first charged Agoranarch rune. Can I use it to get the Fragment or is it bugged?

Also, Fear's Embrace Heroic! If someone needs it tonight, let me know! I love challenges but the regular version boss room was a challenging enough for 2 people.

Then I can focus on IB all day and getting 25 sword kills. I think I got 5 yesterday.

GRIP

So today i'll have my first charged Agoranarch rune. Can I use it to get the Fragment or is it bugged?

Also, Fear's Embrace Heroic! If someone needs it tonight, let me know! I love challenges but the regular version boss room was a challenge enough.

Still bugged

Tovarisc

Hat off to people who solo queue IB, played few rounds and it was pure pain and suffering. I actually ended up checking roster if my whole team had left from Black Shield because no one came to B flag for solid minute.

I watched his WoW streams every now and then, and I didn't even play WoW. Didin't know he started streaming Destiny. I'll need to start watching, will be a nice break from the "regular" destiny streamers.

I've seen his name get passed around GAF. First time listening to him today, how is he normally? His voice is soothing.

nvm RIP to his stream.

flkraven

It feels like departments within Bungie aren't communicating.

One minute someone says the game is now real-life compatible, and the next minute we've got random, 1-day-only events popping off every other day.

One person says that the majority of our gear will come from drops during IB, and the next minute we see rank 5 people getting very few drops through their entire run.

We are told that we are supposed to use different load outs. That the previous Destiny model of one-size fits all is wrong (Gjhally for everything), and that we are supposed to experiment and have situation weapons etc. And the next minute they nerf weapon parts, motes, and strange coins, making upgrading several weapons a much bigger chore.

There are PLENTY more examples of this, and herein lies the reason why I am always skeptical, even when it's said directly by Bungie/a dev.

Hat off to people who solo queue IB, played few rounds and it was pure pain and suffering. I actually ended up checking roster if my whole team had left from Black Shield because no one came to B flag for solid minute.

Hahahahahaha that happened to me on Tuesday! I made a video of me dying at 1:03 into the match because not a single person helped me at B even after I capped it. They're all like "Uwww look, a building! Let's go inside!" hahaha

noomi

Anyone having issues with the Shaxx bounties? The "Play the daily on three different days" doesn't count up for me. I did it yesterday and today and it's still on zero.

Did you do it on another character already?

It's account wide now, so you can only do it once per day on one of your characters to get credit.

Yes, "bugged" As in a reddit post hit the front page on how to infinitely farm the chest with a single charged rune and out of no where, for the first time ever, only one terminal in the entire dreadnaught, get's, "bugged" by not being able to be activated. Does Bungie have any bridges for sale?

Tovarisc

Hahahahahaha that happened to me on Tuesday! I made a video of me dying at 1:03 into the match because not a single person helped me at B even after I capped it. They're all like "Uwww look, a building! Let's go inside!" hahaha

It was very confusing minute. Radar was empty of indicators, no friendly or hostile location markers. Then random enemy wandered into B finally, alone.

GRIP

Yes, "bugged" As in a reddit post hit the front page on how to infinitely farm the chest with a single charged rune and out of no where, for the first time ever, only one terminal in the entire dreadnaught, get's, "bugged" by not being able to be activated. Does Bungie have any bridges for sale?

Whatever you want to call it, it doesn't work. That's what xplicit was asking.

I've solo-queued 4 games each yesterday and today before work. Been winning 3/4 matches. I don't really sweat the win/loss anyway. Just play enough to complete the daily bounties.

3 matches and the 3 daily bounties each day, plus turning in the 3 weeklies on Sunday will get you to Rank 5. Easiest IB ramp yet.

they have a chance to drop at a higher value during IB.

I hope I end up eating crow here, but I don't think Bungie will even address the weapon part nerf. Everyone waiting for an explanation needs to brace themselves for that very real possibility.
I dont get this, everyone crying about low gear.
Yeah it sucks but do you guys not keep all the high end blues you find etc? For when you get something just so you can boost?

GlamFM

Banned
MVP on the losing team 5 times in a row.

Fuck EVERYTHING!

Where can I get more coins of iron?

Have 4 right now. How much is the bonus per coin?

Tovarisc

I've solo-queued 4 games each yesterday and today before work. Been winning 3/4 matches. I don't really sweat the win/loss anyway. Just play enough to complete the daily bounties.

3 matches and the 3 daily bounties each day, plus turning in the 3 weeklies on Sunday will get you to Rank 5. Easiest IB ramp yet.

I don't care if match is win or lose situation, as long teams are somewhat equal without insane rolfstomping going on. What makes it painful, for me, is how clueless some players are about map layouts, situational awareness and just in general about how Control plays. This unknowingness (did I just make up word?) of people easily leads into those painful matches where one team rolfstomps all over another.

MVP on the losing team 5 times in a row.

Fuck EVERYTHING!

Where can I get more coins of iron?

Have 4 right now. How much is the bonus per coin?

Not sure about the exact amount, but I had 5 last night and when I won I was awarded 525 Iron Banner rep. I was also wearing the shader and had the emblem.

Lol, I meant to take a screenshot but loaded into a match on Rusted Lands so I ran for B, got to B looked at Radar and all 5 teammates arrows are on C

TP-DK

Did you do it on another character already?

It's account wide now, so you can only do it once per day on one of your characters to get credit.

What. The. Fuck. So it's impossible to complete Shaxx's weekly bounties on all characters...

jaaz

Yep, they don't want us testing new weapons.

The most baffling thing is that they spent all this time and effort into designing cool weapons and interesting perks, only to make a change that discourages the player from ever upgrading the weapon, testing it, and using it. And more likely players will either vault or shard the weapon without ever using it.

Lrrr

I've been busy lately, but I've been following the news on the latest 2.0.1 update. So what's the general consensus from the online community? Has Bungie really made playing Destiny a massive grind again? If so, that's a shame because I was loving TTK and, while it isn't perfect, I thought it took steps in the right direction. I have zero interests in grinding for materials.

Also, Fear's Embrace Heroic! If someone needs it tonight, let me know! I love challenges but the regular version boss room was a challenging enough for 2 people.

Then I can focus on IB all day and getting 25 sword kills. I think I got 5 yesterday.

I need to do the ToM Undying Mind strike and Fear's Embrace to get my Malice. If you're around later tonight (around 7-7:30pm EST) I could use the help to finish these.

psn: kreepmode

I don't care if match is win or lose situation, as long teams are somewhat equal without insane rolfstomping going on. What makes it painful, for me, is how clueless some players are about map layouts, situational awareness and just in general about how Control plays. This unknowingness (did I just make up word?) of people easily leads into those painful matches where one team rolfstomps all over another.

I agree, here. The damn randoms I was playing with just didnt know how to play control haha

man it was some fun matches I had against you just now :)
we lost em all but that last one was down to the finish line, you guys turned it around with that damn heavy ammo.
We had some good fights, my PSN is Fantasticmrtrout

Good game though

It was fun to see another gaffer

If you need a hand with Fears Embrace lmk. It's doable with 2 if you have a Bubble Bro. Already got mine done so if you get someone who needs the loot cool. Otherwise, hit me up.

Always game for IB as well.

I need to do the ToM Undying Mind strike and Fear's Embrace to get my Malice. If you're around later tonight (around 7-7:30pm EST) I could use the help to finish these.

psn: kreepmode

I should be able to help!

If you need a hand with Fears Embrace lmk. It's doable with 2 if you have a Bubble Bro. Already got mine done so if you get someone who needs the loot cool. Otherwise, hit me up.

Always game for IB as well.

Sounds good Grim, will do!

I've been busy lately, but I've been following the news on the latest 2.0.1 update. So what's the general consensus from the online community? Has Bungie really made playing Destiny a massive grind again? If so, that's a shame because I was loving TTK and, while it isn't perfect, I thought it took steps in the right direction. I have zero interests in grinding for materials.
Materials such as? My only concept about the "grind" is getting your first character high enough, the cap on legendary marks and how everything used legendary marks and collecting corn flakes or fragments. Maybe toss in some other ones such as the warsat, etc. Don't have a issues with weapons parts since I still have over 1000 weapon parts. Also I don't grind for the strike special class items.

Sullichin

I really hope they ban the assholes who are doing the shadowshot glitch. Or at least put out the threat of a ban so some people will stop doing it until Bungie is able to fix it.

shermas

PLEASE. SOMEBODY. I know we are all outraged about the economy nerf and IB shenanigans right now, but can somebody please tell me:

We need to finish story on all 3 toons to get all 3 exotic swords, right???

thank you.

First IB.

Top scorer.

4205 points.

Nova Bomb + Hawkmoon + Conspiracy Theory-D is a monster combo.

How is this roll for a Conspiracy Theory-D:

Aggressive Ballistics/Army of One/Rifled Barrel/Final Round

I'm not sure how useful a final round shotgun would be.

PLEASE. SOMEBODY. I know we are all outraged about the economy nerf and IB shenanigans right now, but can somebody please tell me:

We need to finish story on all 3 toons to get all 3 exotic swords, right???

thank you.
Yep, but by transferring the legendaries to your main, can do the quests on 1 character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom