• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

Funny story: I do the Nightfall yesterday and get crap--a few strange coins I think. But I had used a 3oC before the boss and he drops an exotic primary weapon engram. Which decodes into... A 310 Zhalo Supercell.

Who said Nightfall rewards are crap? We just need to go deeper!

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #11(?) Complete. Reminder to send me a PM if you'd like to get on the Black Spindle help Waiting List. Also please only send me a PM if you're available within the next two hours. If you need help later in the evening send me a PM at that time.
Somebody send me a PM so I can keep Spindle Running. Don't want to take a break and go play Dragon Quest Heroes. It'll make it that much more painful to tear myself away from the game once more people are around who need help :(

Further reminder to not use Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you otherwise I will boot you from Fireteam.

PLEASE. SOMEBODY. I know we are all outraged about the economy nerf and IB shenanigans right now, but can somebody please tell me:

We need to finish story on all 3 toons to get all 3 exotic swords, right???

thank you.

You need to finish the story on all 3 to get all 3 legendary swords, not necessarily the exotic versions.

shermas

Yep, but by transferring the legendaries to your main, can do the quests on 1 character.

THANK YOU. Gaf gold for you.

I already have Solar and Arc exotic swords, so if I transfer the Void Legendary to that character, will it still skip the 25 kills part? Did it legit the first two times... ewwww.

Tovarisc

man it was some fun matches I had against you just now :)
we lost em all but that last one was down to the finish line, you guys turned it around with that damn heavy ammo.
We had some good fights, my PSN is Fantasticmrtrout

Good game though

It was fun to see another gaffer

I hope I didn't embarrass myself too much, wasn't doing so hot in any of IB games I just played :D I shouldn't play PvP when I'm frustrated with it, I start to make bad plays and stupid mistakes.

Kyne

I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would NOT rush for B at the start.

1 guys stays at home base to secure the capture, the others do a B-line.

There's not even a bounty for control points anymore. Seriously.

SkylineRKR

Someone call the cops, I won 5 games in a row with randoms and even got the cloak.

Seen a lot of number 2 players get the IB rewards, myself included. Mopped up all weekly bounties as well, only need to reach rank 4 to get the final one.

darknil

Actually I didn't mind the kills on crucible for the sword, but the ability kills is taking forever, even being a lord sith that can wreck on CoO.

I'd do the exotic sword trick, but I really need to get a stock of weapon parts even to infuse other swords to 280, it's madness, I cannot get al lot of weapon drops just to dismantle.

Tovarisc

There should be bounty for capping B.

You're doing it wrong. The entire team needs to capture A, and then proceed to spread across the map, while one person (you) attempt to fend off the entire enemy team at B.

sajj316

Spindle Group #11(?) Complete. Reminder to send me a PM if you'd like to get on the Black Spindle help Waiting List. Also please only send me a PM if you're available within the next two hours. If you need help later in the evening please send me a PM at that time.
Somebody send me a PM so I can keep Spindle Running. Don't want to take a break and go play Dragon Quest Heroes. It'll make it that much more painful to tear myself away from the game once more people are around who need help :(

Further reminder to not use Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you otherwise I will boot you from Fireteam.

Should call you the "Spindle Saint" or the "Saint of Spindle" going forward

lt519

I'm so far behind on Y2 exclusive exotics. I have 3 new armors across my three sub-classes and then only have the Boolean Gemini, Black Spindle, Sleeper Stimulant, and Touch of Malice. I've missed Xur twice so I haven't had 3oC for three weeks now. I'd love to start getting some new ones but don't even really know where to start. I have a clear path to the three swords, chaperone, and some of the Banshee bounties but I can't bring myself to do the Crucible parts. I have no desire to grind out specific bounties anymore.

Cause it is a quick free +75 points for everyone on your team and then you can move together to B. No reason to drop points straight out of the gate. This isn't Zone Control. If no one is dying on your team, it doesn't matter who gets B first.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How is this roll for a Conspiracy Theory-D:

Aggressive Ballistics/Army of One/Rifled Barrel/Final Round

I'm not sure how useful a final round shotgun would be.

It's always a shock when I get killed with anything BUT conspiracy theory-d. Good lord.

On some maps its better to take A and C.

On Vertigo for example, you will have no cover if you take B, and it's far away from the other two zones.

Perhaps on Vertigo, but the vast majority B is the only good option because the way the spawns work. Teams either spawn around A or C so having both you'll constantly have enemies spawning a few yards from your captured point. Flipping spawns and constantly changing capture points are both awful in Control when done often.

ethomaz

Banned
How is this roll for a Conspiracy Theory-D:

Aggressive Ballistics/Army of One/Rifled Barrel/Final Round

I'm not sure how useful a final round shotgun would be.
I just got one :(

Smooth Ballistics
Rifled Barrel
Rangefinder
Performance Bonus

Well the Performance Bonus is kinda meh but the others perks are ok... after Shot Package the Rangefinder is the best perk possible for Shotguns.

Edit - I can choose between Soft Ballistics or Accurized Ballistics but I found Smooth better... it is 300 damage.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I can't tell if I hate all the new maps or if I'm just used to the old ones. The Drednaught map is kinda fun and Frontier aint too bad, but the others are just annoying. Is it bad design or am I just not acclimated to them yet?

THANK YOU. Gaf gold for you.

I already have Solar and Arc exotic swords, so if I transfer the Void Legendary to that character, will it still skip the 25 kills part? Did it legit the first two times... ewwww.
Only if you infuse it and fully upgrade it on that character. You get the quest on the character that does that. And you can skip the 25 kills yes:)

maomaoIYP

infinite shadowshots is all you need to know. If you see someone using more than 3 shadowshots (I think that's the limit?), then they're glitching it.

A lot of cheaters are playing it smart. Cast it twice. Wait a while. Use it again. It's not as obvious, but I take note whenever I see a hunter do it twice and stop there.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Cause it is a quick free +75 points for everyone on your team and then you can move together to B. No reason to drop points straight out of the gate. This isn't Zone Control. If no one is dying on your team, it doesn't matter who gets B first.

It definitely matters who gets B first. On some maps it's really, really hard to get B back against an organized team. 1 person should get the initial flag while the other 5 go for B. When you are aiming for 20k points, 75 is nothing.

Tovarisc

I can't tell if I hate all the new maps or if I'm just used to the old ones. The Drednaught map is kinda fun and Frontier aint too bad, but the others are just annoying. Is it bad design or am I just not acclimated to them yet?

Most new PvP maps are bad.

GRIP

I really hope they ban the assholes who are doing the shadowshot glitch. Or at least put out the threat of a ban so some people will stop doing it until Bungie is able to fix it.

It's way too simple of an exploit for me to feel it's justifiable to ban people over. I mean, all you have to do is go into your menu for a split second and that's it. Something like that making its way into the game is all on Bungie and they just need to get it fixed ASAP. For the record, I have no intention on ever doing this, but people really aren't going above and beyond to manipulate the net code here.

Tovarisc

It's way too simple of an exploit for me to feel it's justifiable to ban people over. I mean, all you have to do is go into your menu for a split second and that's it. Something like that making its way into the game is all on Bungie and they just need to get it fixed ASAP. For the record, I have no intention on ever doing this, but people really aren't going above and beyond to manipulate the net code here.

Repeat offenders, especially ones in IB and ToO, deserve temp-ban imo. In competitive environment that glitch is pure cheating.

lt519

It might hurt more in Trials where you can land a killing blow with it then enter the menu and have the super ready for the next round. In IB switching in and out of your menu is going to get you killed/disoriented more often than not. I haven't seen anyone abusing it and I think it is mostly because it's not totally reliable and it leaves you vulnerable long enough to get killed.

TP-DK

Perhaps on Vertigo, but the vast majority B is the only good option because the way the spawns work. Teams either spawn around A or C so having both you'll constantly have enemies spawning a few yards from your captured point. Flipping spawns and constantly changing capture points are both awful in Control when done often.

I think if you have enough players on A and C the opponents will spawn on B. All depending on the map of course. I don't think this will work on twilight Gap for example, as I have never seen anyone spawn on B there. But thats a crap map anyway ;-)

It definitely matters who gets B first. On some maps it's really, really hard to get B back against an organized team. 1 person should get the initial flag while the other 5 go for B. When you are aiming for 20k points, 75 is nothing.

I almost always see the opposite, probably because I have only ever played IB solo queue. First team going for B gets steam rolled right back off it because their team is fragmented, and then the team that re takes as a group, tends to hold it for a while. Bum rushing B with randoms means very little in the long run. 1 on A and 5 on B is a party team chat strategy, so I don't know why people are expecting it to happen with randoms. Might as well move cap and move as a group. Randoms gonna random.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
36 lvl Strikes people leave and someone joins instantly. Heroic strikes someone leaves no one ever joins.

Any Black Spindle runs going on Xbox?

I think if you have enough players on A and C the opponents will spawn on B. All depending on the map of course. I don't think this will work on twilight Gap for example, as I have never seen anyone spawn on B there. But thats a crap map anyway ;-)

Haha yeah Twilight Gap should be removed from the Banner rotation. It's not very fun to play on.

Jito

Banned
I'm getting to the point I might just give up on IB. Really thought I'd have an avenue for getting 300+ gear without raiding but seems Bungie were just lying again as always. I'm sure they'll come around saying they accidentally broke the IB drop rates be we all know it's bullshit to stop people getting gear too quickly. I'm nearly rank 4 and have had two marks, doesn't seem worth the effort right now.

Finally decided to jump in on PS4 (using my flatmate's copy of the game), but I'm having major trouble downloading the patch. Is this a known issue?

R0ckman

Recorded a match where I spent 90% of the time as the only member of my team defending zone B, winning the match of course ;)

Luckily, the enemies came one at a time and didn't do a good job defending it when I came to take it back from them the few times they took control of it.

I guess the sunbreakers were wasting time in the random map scuffles.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Spindle Group #11(?) Complete. Reminder to send me a PM if you'd like to get on the Black Spindle help Waiting List. Also please only send me a PM if you're available within the next two hours. If you need help later in the evening send me a PM at that time.

endorsed

ethomaz

Banned
Pics says more than text... I don't miss Shot Package.

nb61Xf3.png

LifEndz

Limited weapon parts = less infusion, leveling up = less experimentation of weapons. When I get exotic weapons, I want to level them up just to see how well they perform. Now I will be reading GAF to see if I should even bother, and if it's not agreed top tier then forget it

Exactly. With the extra vault space I was looking forward to having a variety of weapons with different perks. Kinda the opposite of what I did with HoW. Now I'm dismantling stuff because I have priority weapons I have to infuse to do end game stuff.

Kyne

Whoever gets to B first and captures it first gets to fall back and set up a line of defense. If you're there 2nd while it's already captured you will literally be a sitting duck while on the flag letting the enemy team draw their fire on you, assuming you can even get to the flag without dying seeing as they'll already have a defense set up.

A small amount of points at the beginning of the match is nothing compared to the following points that would come from having 2 zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom