• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I almost always see the opposite, probably because I have only ever played IB solo queue. First team going for B gets steam rolled right back off it because their team is fragmented, and then the team that re takes as a group, tends to hold it for a while. Bum rushing B with randoms means very little in the long run. 1 on A and 5 on B is a party team chat strategy, so I don't know why people are expecting it to happen with randoms. Might as well move cap and move as a group. Randoms gonna random.

Oh with randoms, anything goes. :) You should queue up with a GAF IB train. We went undefeated yesterday! I think our biggest win was by something crazy like 11,000 points.

It's way too simple of an exploit for me to feel it's justifiable to ban people over. I mean, all you have to do is go into your menu for a split second and that's it. Something like that making its way into the game is all on Bungie and they just need to get it fixed ASAP. For the record, I have no intention on ever doing this, but people really aren't going above and beyond to manipulate the net code here.

You can do it on accident a few times sure, but some people are doing it non stop. Those people should get banned or something to that effect.

deoee

Don't you hate it when you try to get a triple kill with a Nova Bomb and this happens?

http://xboxclips.com/BluePhazon1337/9629f135-2bed-46c9-b0ef-f246769397f8

Hammer of Sol...

he didn't even aim at you.

Pics says more than text... I don't miss Shot Package.

nb61Xf3.png

What website is that pic from?

Bogeypop

G̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶u̶c̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶Q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶ ̶
̶O̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶x̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶S̶p̶i̶n̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶f̶f̶e̶e̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶l̶i̶e̶r̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶u̶n̶d̶r̶u̶m̶.̶

Looks like Nicodemic has saved(?) me from the "torture" that is playing Dragon Quest Heroes. Still need a third though.

EDIT: Looks like UnionCarbine is our third. FR and invites going out shortly.

Dave1988

So today i'll have my first charged Agoranarch rune. Can I use it to get the Fragment or is it bugged?

Also, Fear's Embrace Heroic! If someone needs it tonight, let me know! I love challenges but the regular version boss room was a challenging enough for 2 people.

Then I can focus on IB all day and getting 25 sword kills. I think I got 5 yesterday.

I'm down for the Heroic version of Fear's Embrace if you still need people. Just send me a message once you get on.

SkylineRKR

Hmm, had a Shadowshot cheater on my side. I'm sure he was cheating. Orbs everywhere and heard nothing but arrows.

They can be banned. Ofcourse you can hit option on accident (during a super thats nearly done? well, probably yeah). But 20 times in a match I'm not certain about. And Bungie can likely spot players who has had like 20 Super activations in a single game. Perhaps thats even a low estimate.

Best thing about this IB is that I haven't seen Sector 618 or Memento yet.

The train I was in last night had me sit on home flag with everyone else rushing B and it worked for the most part. Vertigo is an odd one where capping A and C is preferred.

R0ckman

The train I was in last night had me sit on home flag with everyone else rushing B and it worked for the most part. Vertigo is an odd one where capping A and C is preferred.

Never seen A and C work in that map, flip flop still seems to happen there.

neoism

Went into IB match with IB pulse rifle @ 294 Attack
  • 32 to head / bullet
  • 22 to body / bullet
  • 2[?] bursts to the head / kill
  • Range doesn't seem to affect damage that much / at all in PvP maps
  • Laser

damn looks like ill get it then my hawksaw at 287 only does 26 crit 19 body

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Here's a few thoughts on why Crucible 2.0 is now a shit show:

-No rerolling (with rerolling everybody had a good roll so it became a skill game like halo and you could choose your weapons that suited you best)

-Higher TTK & small maps with lots of players (odds of surviving a firefight are now lower since you will be weak and get picked off more easily, there are too many people in close quarters)

-Terrible network code (pulse rifles are the new meta and seemed to be the most affected by lag too due to the 3 bullet burst)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Getting a Spindle group set up on Xbox

1: Granadier
2: BondFancy
3: ??
4: ??

jaaz

I actually like Sector 618. Memento on the other had is forgettable.

I'm not even bothering with IB this time around. The only thing that slightly interests me is the pulse rifle, but not enough to go through the IB grind.

SkylineRKR

Sector isn't a bad close combat map. I'm usually doing well on it. I also like Bannerfall. The rest of the maps i'm not too sure about.

damn looks like ill get it then my hawksaw at 287 only does 26 crit 19 body

Hawksaw is lower impact, faster ROF class.

IB Pulse sounds like Y2 Hop. I'm glad I'm grinding it.

Kyne

Here's a few thoughts on why Crucible 2.0 is now a shit show:

-No rerolling (with rerolling everybody had a good roll so it became a skill game like halo and you could choose your weapons that suited you best)

-Higher TTK & small maps with lots of players (odds of surviving a firefight are now lower since you will be weak
and get picked off more easily, there are too many people in close quarters)

-Terrible network code (pulse rifles are the new meta and seemed to be the most affected by lag too due to the 3 bullet burst)

- everyone having the exact same roll on a weapon doesn't make it good and seeing as 99% of the rolls we're talking about were shotguns, even less so. There's no skill involved when using a shotgun.

- higher TTK in the form of 2-shot handcannons. There really can't be anything worse than that.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I've solo-queued 4 games each yesterday and today before work. Been winning 3/4 matches. I don't really sweat the win/loss anyway. Just play enough to complete the daily bounties.

3 matches and the 3 daily bounties each day, plus turning in the 3 weeklies on Sunday will get you to Rank 5. Easiest IB ramp yet.

Exactly what I did yesterday. Played about 4 IB matches, won 3, completed my dailies and ranked up. Done for the day. Based on drops going on and the blah matchmaking, I'm all about playing the least amount possible to get to Rank 5 right now.

SkylineRKR

I think the PvP has been improved. Thorn/TLW/Hawkmoon 2 shit shot show was pathetic, as was the rerolling with everyone having essentially the same shotguns and sniper rifles.

I wish I never fucking rolled. Lost 1000 weapon parts I could use right now.

IB leveling has been easy, I agree. Got the daily bounties in one game every day so far, even if you limit to those and save up the weekly bounties that will eventually come for monday you might be very close to max level with minimal effort. I think I played approx 6 games a day, and I'm nearly Rank 3 right now (and got the weekly bounties still waiting to be handed in).

I'm glad not to see Memento, but I hate hate hate Pantheon for control. A and C are waaaay too far away from the action and B is just a meatgrinder. It's not dynamic at all. Even if you're skilled or go in with a team, you can't keep up. More guardians keep rushing in, because it's literally the only place to go.

Maps that don't have control points on spawns are really the only fun ones to play. One of my favorites for Control is actually Widow's Court, but I also like Cross roads. Rusted Lands I feel has B&C too close together and too close to that Heavy spawn, but it's okay.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm glad not to see Memento, but I hate hate hate Pantheon for control. A and C are waaaay too far away from the action and B is just a meatgrinder. It's not dynamic at all. Even if you're skilled or go in with a team, you can't keep up. More guardians keep rushing in, because it's literally the only place to go.

Maps that don't have control points on spawns are really the only fun ones to play. One of my favorites for Control is actually Widow's Court, but I also like Cross roads. Rusted Lands I feel has B&C too close together and too close to that Heavy spawn, but it's okay.

And I hate how the Heavy ammo spawns are inside the meat grinder on Pantheon. I always rage when I get that map when I'm trying to finish Heavy bounties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom