• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
last place, rank 2 ib, got the cloak. at 294. not bad.

my IB has actually been great, a few lopsided matches but no cheaters, and i think it's because i never embraced the meta, I was ALWAYS autorifle even when the were doubly nerfed (and fullauto VoC, but that's like a Suros)

Almost all my matches have had crazy turn over, last second wins, and most scores have been within 1k if not 200, done about ~20 matches.

But to each his own

dB Viper

Anyone tried out the IB Pulse? Worth it? I already have Villany and the Suros one (with Full Auto, Perfect Balance and Injection Mold..stability is maxed).

Lrrr

Materials such as?

Whatever materials they nerfed that we need to level up our guns/characters. Someone else in this thread said it best - initially Bungie stated that they wanted us to try out all the new guns and not stick to one gun for everything. Fine, but by nerfing material drop percentages, it will have the opposite effect. Instead of people freely experimenting with gun perks, the scarcity of materials will actually dissuade people from leveling up every gun they find. It's a mind-boggling awful design decision on Bungie's part.

Not having a lot of hope we'll get previews of Live team stuff. From Last week's Update:

Over the course of a year scored by game updates that delivered new features and playable moments, the Live Team has grown. Their charter to keep the world of the game alive with new experiences that everyone can share is unchanged and they’ve added some muscle to help them carry that mission forward. Eververse Trading will be their benefactor.

How [the Live team's] efforts will manifest in the Tower and beyond will all be part of the surprise that keeps on surprising.​

I hope the Weekly Update shows I'm wrong.

MrDaravon

Just had literally the worst match of Destiny PvP I have ever had, went something like 6 and 21. Other team was using the Shadowshot glitch. I'm done.

If trials is a go for tomorrow does anyone want to have a few goes at around ~5pm ET? Had full sets for all three classes and made it to the Lighthouse a few times. Not expecting much from runs other than a few wins for chances at cool Y2 loot.

Feel free to respond, pm me, or just add me on PSN. If you do that last one please send me a message so I know. All of my classes are 300+ light.

PSN - rolyreyes

DarKshodaN

Just had literally the worst match of Destiny PvP I have ever had, went something like 6 and 21. Other team was using the Shadowshot glitch. I'm done.

I see this now more and more in Iron Banner, it destoys all of the fun at the moment.

Definitely will stay away from Trials if this is not fixed

Tovarisc

Anyone tried out the IB Pulse? Worth it? I already have Villany and the Suros one (with Full Auto, Perfect Balance and Injection Mold..stability is maxed).

Easily worth it imo, feels very good in PvP. I previously used raid pulse in PvP, which is good too. Just got pulse as post-match reward, after purchasing vendor version few hours ago :D

Also spawn logic in this game can be sooo bad, 5 deaths in row because game kept spawning me into enemies.

flkraven

Man, I'm actually really anxious about the weekly update. Tons of stuff I want them to address: Economy nerf, nightstalker glitch, live team info, IB drop rates, etc

MrDaravon

I hope you reported them for cheating.

No real point, every PvP match I've played since the exploit was posted on Reddit has had multiple people doing it. Assuming Bungie even does any sort of bans for this (which I sincerely doubt they will given how incredibly easy this is to do) if they can't tell who has been doing it then that's on them. I'm actually not really even that mad at people doing it, it's so incredibly easy to do and PvP was already such a shitshow in my opinion that this is just another layer of hilarity.

If this isn't hotfixed before IB ends and Bungie doesn't provide really really good justification for the economy nerfs in the BWU today I'm straight up done and uninstalling the game for the time being though. I'm tired of going on this shitty rollercoaster ride with them. And most of this shit I wouldn't even care about or it wouldn't be a problem if PvE and PvP were totally separate and could be balanced separately, but Bungie refuses to do so. There's no reality where PvE and PvP are going to both be perfectly balanced, it's always going to come at the cost of one or the other, or both.

flkraven

No real point, every PvP match I've played since the exploit was posted on Reddit has had multiple people doing it. Assuming Bungie even does any sort of bans for this (which I sincerely doubt they will given how incredibly easy this is to do) if they can't tell who has been doing it then that's on them. I'm actually not really even that mad at people doing it, it's so incredibly easy to do and PvP was already such a shitshow in my opinion that this is just another layer of hilarity.

If this isn't hotfixed before IB ends and Bungie doesn't provide really really good justification for the economy nerfs in the BWU today I'm straight up done and uninstalling the game for the time being though. I'm tired of going on this shitty rollercoaster ride with them. And most of this shit I wouldn't even care about or it wouldn't be a problem if PvE and PvP were totally separate and could be balanced separately, but Bungie refuses to do so. There's no reality where PvE and PvP are going to both be perfectly balanced, it's always going to come at the cost of one or the other, or both.

It's honestly so bad that leaving it unchecked would do more damage than anything for IB and Trials. Better off locking the nightstalker class entirely (until fixed) than let this go on.

I've seen a lot of people on Reddit calling for people using the shadowshot thing to be banned.

What for? I was looking at Bungie's terms of service and don't see how this applies

Here is the list of things you can be banned for:

Connecting to the Destiny game service with any of the following:
Modified game software
Modified game assets
Modified console hardware
Modified console firmware
Using an external program to modify the operation of the Destiny game software (trainer or mod)
Using an external program or device to automate gameplay or circumvent idle detection
Modification or interruption of Destiny network traffic with intent to disrupt other players’ experiences or to gain advantage in the game
Intentionally deriving gameplay benefit from another user’s behavior in the above categories
Unauthorized access to Destiny software or downloadable content (game piracy)
Impersonating a Bungie, Microsoft, Sony, or Activision employee

I think the people who are calling for the banhammer should be focused on Bungie instead. It's their game... the onus is on them to fix it.

And most of this shit I wouldn't even care about or it wouldn't be a problem if PvE and PvP were totally separate and could be balanced separately, but Bungie refuses to do so. There's no reality where PvE and PvP are going to both be perfectly balanced, it's always going to come at the cost of one or the other, or both.

My biggest problem with the game right here! The PvP nerfs so often screw over the PvE use of the weapons/skill/perks etc.

EL CUCO

The problem with Shadowshot glitch is that it generates a ton of orbs for the Hammerbros on their team. Thats when it becomes a real poop storm.

Ran into that last night. Was hearing multiple Hammers go off every 30 seconds or so ;_;

Bogeypop

Ok, she's coming online right now and will be playing on my account

Spindle Group #13(?) complete. If Dhruv_hanom or whoever is playing on his account is ready I can take you now, assuming I can find a third.

Reminder to send me a PM to get on the Black Spindle help Waiting List. Further reminder not to use Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you or I'll boot you from the Fireteam.

Tovarisc

Bungie, I don't want collision with friendly players / teammates if it means they are able to shove me around. Gotten killed in PvP so many times because some player herpderpultraherp runs into me and shoves me into enemy fire.

Deku Tree

I've seen a lot of people on Reddit calling for people using the shadowshot thing to be banned.

What for? I was looking at Bungie's terms of service and don't see how this applies

Here is the list of things you can be banned for:

Connecting to the Destiny game service with any of the following:
Modified game software
Modified game assets
Modified console hardware
Modified console firmware
Using an external program to modify the operation of the Destiny game software (trainer or mod)
Using an external program or device to automate gameplay or circumvent idle detection
Modification or interruption of Destiny network traffic with intent to disrupt other players’ experiences or to gain advantage in the game
Intentionally deriving gameplay benefit from another user’s behavior in the above categories
Unauthorized access to Destiny software or downloadable content (game piracy)
Impersonating a Bungie, Microsoft, Sony, or Activision employee

I think the people who are calling for the banhammer should be focused on Bungie instead. It's their game... the onus is on them to fix it.

They banned people for using the Heavy Ammo Glitch in Crucible, and all you had to do for that was set the time back on your PS4.

Spindle Group #13(?) complete. If Dhruv_hanom or whoever is playing on his account is ready I can take you now, assuming I can find a third.

Reminder to send me a PM to get on the Black Spindle help Waiting List. Further reminder not to use Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you or I'll boot you from the Fireteam.

Sorry man i guess my friend is taking a while, but she's definitely coming online

TheOddOne

Neat perks. Hopefully all the new IB gear has these special perks.

thumbnail_largezbpzz.png

thumbnail_large198pv8.png

They banned people for using the Heavy Ammo Glitch in Crucible, and all you had to do for that was set the time back on your PS4.

I could see an argument for 'modifying console hardware' for setting your time back, but even that's a stretch. I don't like cheating anymore than anyone else (and I main a Warlock, so I get no advantage for this), but I think the frustrations are misdirected.

Deku Tree

The problem with Shadowshot glitch is that it generates a ton of orbs for the Hammerbros on their team. Thats when it becomes a real poop storm.

Ran into that last night. Was hearing multiple Hammers go off every 30 seconds or so ;_;

The problem with Shadowshot glitch is that it's so easy to do and literally everyone is doing it... would Bungie really throw down even temporary playlist specific ban hammers on so many users at once?

Deku Tree

I could see an argument for 'modifying console hardware' for setting your time back, but even that's a stretch. I don't like cheating anymore than anyone else (and I main a Warlock, so I get no advantage for this), but I think the frustrations are misdirected.

It's clearly un-intended and cheating, even though it is also Bungie's fault for giving us software that has this bug. People who do it in competitive PvP are cheaters and they are hurting other players chances... so they should receive temporary playlist specific ban hammers IMO.

Sullichin

The problem with Shadowshot glitch is that it's so easy to do and literally everyone is doing it... would Bungie really throw down even temporary playlist specific ban hammers on so many users at once?

I hope so. Would much rather them ban the assholes doing this than postpone Trial of Osiris for everyone.

Yay, got the iron banner mark.

Fuck blueberries on pantheon, they must have 1 brain cell combined. I clear out the entire enemy team around B with my OP hammers and they still sit back doing jack shit(well that's a lie, they just died). Seriously, fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom