• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a 280 weapon and 310 weapon will do the same damage if you're the same light level as the other guy?
This is where things get hazy for me, damage output in my experience seems wholey determined on the light level player that you are fighting. using a 284 spindle with an overall light level of of 300 was doing the same too similar output compared to when I would be rolling an overall low 290 guy. It would help immensely if there were an official source on damage variable input and output, but I currently do not know where to search for such a thing. Its hard to test because of the far flinging range and unpredictability of light levels that someone might face in the crucible.

Tovarisc

Neat perks. Hopefully all the new IB gear has these special perks.

thumbnail_largezbpzz.png

thumbnail_large198pv8.png

It's interesting if Y2 IB and ToO armor sets are actually PvP oriented armor sets when it comes to perks.

IB is great for Strange Coins, more often than not I get 1-2 SC's as post-match reward.

Bogeypop

Sorry man i guess my friend is taking a while, but she's definitely coming online

the210 said:
I would like help getting the sniper can't chat but I can listen psn the210

Sorry Dhruv and the210. Have a headache and am really tired. Gonna take a break for now and maybe take a nap as well until prime time. If not, I'll be back in 2 or 3 hours. Hopefully you're both around then.

flkraven

Spin-metal hat time:

We already know that loot drops are based on your light level, and will occasionally decode higher so you can slowly climb up in light. I think this process is not entirely random, and as the addicts get closer and closer to 310, I think the game deliberately reduces the chances of a 310 drop to extend the grind/play time even further.

Completely anecdotal, but I think a lot of sophisticated stuff is happening behind the scenes to keep us addicted and hooked. When I hit 300, I had a bunch of exotics decode to 310. Now at 307, I haven't had a single one decode at 310 after like 12 attempts. Meanwhile my newly 300 clan mates are getting back to back to back 310 decodes.

TheOddOne

It's interesting if Y2 IB and ToO armor sets are actually PvP oriented armor sets when it comes to perks.

IB is great for Strange Coins, more often than not I get 1-2 SC's as post-match reward.
The last IB gear strangely was based around Crota's End, with perks like "Killing Minions Of The Darkness will.."

It made no sense at all and the gear was fugly too.

I like this idea. If Bungie can't fix the Shadowshot glitch & still goes forward with Trials:

"F--- it, just do Mayhem trials and everyone will have constant supers for an even playing field. If you dare try to enter your menu you're gonna get super in the face by someone else."​

E92 M3

Spin-metal hat time:

We already know that loot drops are based on your light level, and will occasionally decode higher so you can slowly climb up in light. I think this process is not entirely random, and as the addicts get closer and closer to 310, I think the game deliberately reduces the chances of a 310 drop to extend the grind/play time even further.

Completely anecdotal, but I think a lot of sophisticated stuff is happening behind the scenes to keep us addicted and hooked. When I hit 300, I had a bunch of exotics decode to 310. Now at 307, I haven't had a single one decode at 310 after like 12 attempts. Meanwhile my newly 300 clan mates are getting back to back to back 310 decodes.

My primary always decodes into 290 and it's frustrating as fuck.

FyreWulff

Spin-metal hat time:

You're not crazy. Luke smith said the curve slows down at 290-300. It's slower past that because your source of over 310 drops are a lot smaller, but there's also no real benefit to being over 300 right now.

Deku Tree

Spin-metal hat time:

Nah it's just RNG. Your just having a bad luck streak is all. I feel like being 306+ ups my chances of getting a 310 exotic... but again that's probably just RNG.

R0ckman

Yay, got the iron banner mark.

Fuck blueberries on pantheon, they must have 1 brain cell combined. I clear out the entire enemy team around B with my OP hammers and they still sit back doing jack shit(well that's a lie, they just died). Seriously, fuck off.

Yeah, what are they doing? What else can they be doing? You are killing most of the enemies so it's not like they are fighting any.

Really I see no solution, if the modes punished people for being stupid in non-clash modes people would just leave over and over like they do in salvage where the rules are a bit tighter.

MrDaravon

Decided to hop into the Heroic Strike playlist since I haven't bothered doing for that for a couple of weeks and I could use Marks.

Get Undying Mind, both of my randoms immediately quit

Slog through it solo for a while, finally get two people to join

One of the guys in teamchat shits on me for NOT using the shadowshot glitch on Undying Mind

Game crashes right as the Mind dies due to the Firefly bug. It appears that the game counted it as one of my 3 Mark victories, but I didn't actually get Marks

Bungie pls

Deku Tree

Well you should up my chances, dammit!

I try to decode no more than one exotic engram per day... because I always get dups when I decode engrams back to back... and I haven't gotten nearly as many dups if I put the engram in my vault and decode it the next day... but I have no idea if that helps at all.

It feels better to do it that way though.

the210

Sorry Dhruv and the210. Have a headache and am really tired. Gonna take a break for now and maybe take a nap as well until prime time. If not, I'll be back in 2 or 3 hours. Hopefully you're both around then.

No problem it's great what you have been doing

I wish trials had matchmaking. I like the mode (elimination), but the forced grouping in trials just adds too much pressure. If you go through a card or two people quit.

Gonna sound salty as hell, but I really hope the Trials matchmaking changes make it so carries won't be able to be a thing reliably anymore. Everyone gets caught up on "lighthouse or bust" and it can make the mode really toxic for those of us that just want to play for competitions sake and see what happens.

flkraven

I try to decode no more than one exotic engram per day... because I always get dups when I decode engrams back to back... and I haven't gotten nearly as many dups if I put the engram in my vault and decode it the next day... but I have no idea if that helps at all.

It feels better to do it that way though.

I never really farm exotics like crazy. I just casually pop a 3oC when running strike playlist, so I rarely decode more than 1 engram at a time as well.

Impulsor

Two for black spindle, need one more. Ready to go NOW. Will not stop till we get it. We both have exotic sword.

Levels 309 and 295. Psn id : Borque

I hit 242 light, would I be able to make it through the gauntlet for the Black Spindle?
Well I don't like saying things are impossible however you will most likely be squishy. If something looks at you, dead. Which will make things much harder since its time based. On the other side I can see it possible only if the other 2 backs are able to withstand the carry.

I will be willing to give it an attempt. But my afternoon schedule is still up in the air. Just need another person who can perform well.

Ozone

Just went by the Court of Oryx and tried to do it with randoms. Mini Crota showed up and no one seemed to understand how the hell the fight works. So it was mostly me chilling with the sword while everyone was killing adds.

Really fun. :|

This is where things get hazy for me, damage output in my experience seems wholey determined on the light level player that you are fighting. using a 284 spindle with an overall light level of of 300 was doing the same too similar output compared to when I would be rolling an overall low 290 guy. It would help immensely if there were an official source on damage variable input and output, but I currently do not know where to search for such a thing. Its hard to test because of the far flinging range and unpredictability of light levels that someone might face in the crucible.

Hmm something tells me that we won't ever see this because I have a feeling it's not as cut and dry as we'd hope.

I hit 242 light, would I be able to make it through the gauntlet for the Black Spindle?

Unless your a MLG pro god... nope, still would get stomped lol. Wait a little longer and level up some more.

Though who knows... i've heard it's easier solo but never tried.

Edit: Thought you meant solo. With a group sure... you can have two strong ~300s carry you through in a backpack.

Deku Tree

You're not crazy. Luke smith said the curve slows down at 290-300. It's slower past that because your source of over 310 drops are a lot smaller, but there's also no real benefit to being over 300 right now.

If they had a "RNG probability curve" that made it so you were less likely to get a useful (close to 310) piece of armor the closer you get to 310 that would be like the cruelest reward system ever... ...and if they further applied it to exotic engrams that you pay for with strange coins that would be truly awful... if they did that then they should internally call it the "you should really stop playing curve"... I really don't see a useful gameplay reason to have a curve like that.

flkraven

If they had a "RNG probability curve" that made it so you were less likely to get a useful (close to 310) piece of armor the closer you get to 310 that would be like the cruelest reward system ever... ...and if they further applied it to exotic engrams that you pay for with strange coins that would be truly awful... if they did that then they should internally call it the "you should really stop playing curve"... I really don't see a useful gameplay reason to have a curve like that.

But can you think of a useful business reason why that curve would exist?

Top of Page Edit, incase you haven't seen it enough:

shadowshot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom