• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

jaaz

yeah theres no sepksis, omnigal, archon priest, summoning pits in the playlist

guessing cause they didn't update them and they don't have any strike specific gear

would be nice to have the full array of strikes to make it slightly less repetitive

I know Omnigul at least has strike specific gear. A warlock bond.

Is there a timer on the activity? If so, I can see why getting others involved would be beneficial (to all).

Pretty sure there's not, unless it's a secret timer that makes the final boss eventually de-spawn or something. There's no timer displayed and I've never seen anything like that happen after maybe 5-6 completions.

I know Omnigul at least has strike specific gear. A warlock bond.

Also a pulse rifle with really good base stats, it'd be incredible if you were lucky enough to get good perks on it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is is hard to solo?

I did it at the weekend solo and it was mad but easy plus you can't wipe or fail. If you have the Sleeper Simulant leave that for the boss and you'll take him down in no time. Sword is good to have for clearing out the ads.

recks

Woah, that's crazy you actually got your kjhovey rematch! Sucks it didn't go as planned but you really can't compare without full fire teams. Obviously Banner isn't anywhere close to Trial's competition level so it wouldn't mean as much. Hopefully you'll get your rematch someday and take him down.
I didn't get my rematch :(

sajj316

Pretty sure there's not, unless it's a secret timer that makes the final boss eventually de-spawn or something. There's no timer displayed and I've never seen anything like that happen after maybe 5-6 completions.

I did it at the weekend solo and it was mad but easy plus you can't wipe or fail. If you have the Sleeper Simulant leave that for the boss and you'll take him down in no time. Sword is good to have for clearing out the ads.

Cool. Thanks!

Definity

I did notice today in PVP when someone activates the hammer of sol everyone just turns around and runs away from you or starts jumping around. Was much hard to get those breaker medals today. :p

Trials of Osiris is a weekly Crucible event, featuring an Elimination style game type taking Character stats into account.
This playlist will be available between Friday (2:00 AM PDT/PST, 9 AM UTC) through Tuesday (2:00 AM PDT/PST, 9:00 AM UTC).[Currently on Hiatus]

Entry
To enter Trials of Osiris, players must do the following:

• Purchase a Trials Passage from Brother Vance in the Reef
• Players may only enter the playlist if their character's Light is at 251. (The recommended minimum Light is 290)

Trials Passages
Trials Passages track Wins, Losses, and active Passage Buffs.

• If a player loses 3 matches, the Trials Passage will be completed.
• Players may play past 9 wins on a single Trials Passage, but this will not grant additional rewards
• Buffs must be purchased from Brother Vance before playing the first game of a Passage.

Rewards
Winning matches has a chance to grant Trials of Osiris specific gear. Losing matches will reward Passage Coins.

The following rewards can be earned once per week, per character:
• Trials Passage win streaks will grant rewards when a player has a total of 4 and 6 wins on a single passage
• If a player completes a single passage with 9 consecutive wins and no losses, they will be granted access to the Lighthouse for additional rewards.
• Brother Vance will also offer Weekly bounties. These will grant specific rewards for completing specific bounties.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13683

Dalek

Apologies if this has been posted. Since my Black Spindle is now a 290, is there any chance getting another one during today's mission night drop at a higher light value?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Trials of Osiris is a weekly Crucible event, featuring an Elimination style game type taking Character stats into account.
This playlist will be available between Friday (2:00 AM PDT/PST, 9 AM UTC) through Tuesday (2:00 AM PDT/PST, 9:00 AM UTC).[Currently on Hiatus]

Entry
To enter Trials of Osiris, players must do the following:

• Purchase a Trials Passage from Brother Vance in the Reef
• Players may only enter the playlist if their character's Light is at 251. (The recommended minimum Light is 290)

Trials Passages
Trials Passages track Wins, Losses, and active Passage Buffs.

• If a player loses 3 matches, the Trials Passage will be completed.
• Players may play past 9 wins on a single Trials Passage, but this will not grant additional rewards
• Buffs must be purchased from Brother Vance before playing the first game of a Passage.

Rewards
Winning matches has a chance to grant Trials of Osiris specific gear. Losing matches will reward Passage Coins.

The following rewards can be earned once per week, per character:
• Trials Passage win streaks will grant rewards when a player has a total of 4 and 6 wins on a single passage
• If a player completes a single passage with 9 consecutive wins and no losses, they will be granted access to the Lighthouse for additional rewards.
• Brother Vance will also offer Weekly bounties. These will grant specific rewards for completing specific bounties.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13683

When was this posted? I assume something is going to change due to the exploit going around.

Also 1 for Banana Train

Owensboro

PSN: OwensboroEsq.

Looking for a Black Spindle run, or any Exotic Sword element (need all 3, don't need to get them all at once!)

Thanks for the group keakster! That went super smooth.

Is is hard to solo?

It looks like I could have soloed it easily, it just would have taken much more time. It's just waves of adds in three rounds with a bigger Taken knight "boss" at the end.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Now why would I tune in next time, when it feels like youre just talking down to me.
I wasn't, and I'm sorry for giving that impression. I wanted to put the matter of whether it's a "cheat or a glitch" to bed quickly, and realized after I typed my sentence that the degree of semantic argument we're entertaining right now is pretty ridiculous. I replied about different "senses" of the word to explain how someone could use the word "cheat" and "glitch" to describe the same thing and have them both be perfectly accurate because of the way language relies heavily on context.
Exploiting a glitch, an op weapon, an op super. No difference to me,
Well, that's balls-out ludicrous. Weapons and supers, if functioning as intended, are absolutely nothing like exploiting a glitch for an advantage over other players that are not exploiting that glitch.
it all happens because of fuck ups from Bungie
I could be totally misreading this, but it seems like you're saying:

-A "fuck-up from Bungie" from your perspective, such as making a weapon you feel is too strong for the sake of balance
and
-A "fuck-up from Bungie" in the sense of an unintended bug in their game

Are the same thing? That seems way off to me.
Lag switching or somehow being able to manipulate the actual game code. Thats cheating to me. Thats the meaning of the worf I grewup with, since the first time I played an online game. If you see it meaning something else, thats fine, but no need to talk down to me.
That's a little weird actually. That still is both cheating and an exploit (again, "exploiting a glitch to cheat" completely describes that situation from my perspective), it's just more severe.

I meant that it's cheating in the colloquial sense: breaking the rules. Obviously, no one is supposed to be able to have infinite shadowshots. Regardless of how you get them, it's cheating. Turbo fire on a third-party controller is also cheating in the exact same sense. Less severe of course but we're just talking about a matter of degree.

When you made the distinction between a "glitch" and a "cheat" I actually assumed you meant that it wasn't a cheat in the way many gamers think of a cheat which is to say, something along the lines of a "cheat code." Like the old Konami code, Goldeneye's cheat menu or anything else that "lets you" break the rules I.e. something actually intended by the developers (or, a little more obscurely, accessed via runtime debug-type methods like a Game Genie) to provide an advantage to the player unrelated to any unintended bug in the game that might be exploited. I know this is what a lot of gamers consider a cheat versus an exploit, and why someone who was very familiar with the history of gaming might say that this isn't a "cheat."

But now it kind of sounds like you don't consider it cheating because it isn't bad enough.

Jito

Banned
Oh wow, Iron Companion Greaves were not what I was expecting, looks like I'm wearing white joggers with some gold plating slapped on! Totally worth it though.
CRYyE1rUwAASzrD.jpg:large

Frostburn

They really need to fix the loot problem for the raid 4x boots and 4 rocket launchers....:(

I think just spreading out the armor more across the bosses would help. Maybe 1-2 pieces can drop per boss and 1-2 weapons, then of course Sisters have class item and Oryx has Helm and any gear from the raid. I'd be happy with them doing something like that OR tending rolls and gear towards what people need a bit. Disappointing to go an entire raid with nothing or getting 1 item with a super low roll. The raid itself is a lot of fun but sucks to work for an hour or more and get nothing from it.

Jito

Banned
Are only the class items and legs dropping?

I think the only things dropping are what's in the shop, I've had two class items drop and the side arm, had to get to rank 4 to buy these bad boys.

Need to get to rank 5 now to get Goldspiral, it'd make my pants turn leather :O

PSN: OwensboroEsq.

Looking for a Black Spindle run, or any Exotic Sword element (need all 3, don't need to get them all at once!)

Thanks for the group keakster! That went super smooth.

It looks like I could have soloed it easily, it just would have taken much more time. It's just waves of adds in three rounds with a bigger Taken knight "boss" at the end.

I can help with a spindle run, already have my swords though and don't really want to run that.

Can we get black spindle today? are there any groups to try on psn?

Edit: As above, I can help.

I think the only things dropping are what's in the shop, I've had two class items drop and the side arm, had to get to rank 4 to buy these bad boys.

Need to get to rank 5 now to get Goldspiral, it'd make my pants turn leather :O

This is correct. Matches can only drop what he's selling: class item, boots, sidearm and pulse rifle. Only difference is the dropped items will have different stat and perk rolls.

KanameYuuki

I can help with a spindle run, already have my swords though and don't really want to run that.

Edit: As above, I can help.

I need a spindle run as well if there is room

Awesome, then we have a group, is there any kind of strategy we are going to do? like overshield titan bubble and spam attack on the boss or something like that?

My PSN: Josh-Shiki , there was a problem with internet on my area this morning and so it is not so stable, I just hope it can endure the quest.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome, then we have a group, is there any kind of strategy we are going to do? like overshield titan bubble and spam attack on the boss or something like that?
IMO, this strategy isn't really worth it unless everybody is at least 300 and has an Exotic sword

My PSN: Josh-Shiki , there was a problem with internet on my area this morning and so it is not so stable, I just hope it can endure the quest.

I'll send you a FR, won't be using bubble strat though.

SpecX

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I don't have any of the new IB gear, but is it possible to still get the exp boost if I wear the old gear and turn in my bounties with those items equipped? Trying to get my rank up as quickly as possible so I can work towards recovering Marks to buy the items being sold.

When was this posted? I assume something is going to change due to the exploit going around.

The date on that post is Oct 15, 2015. Not sure if it actually showed up just today or if that date will always have the current day listed. All we've heard about the Shadowshot exploit is that they're aware of it and working on a fix. Personally I don't think they'll postpone Trials whatsoever. The show must go on.

Week 1 of Trials I'd gotten to 8-0 with a couple Gaffers and the asshole cheating other team used some lag switch BS to disconnect us from the game. It straight up ruined our card with a loss even though we still had Mercy. Seems like they eventually fixed that problem since I haven't seen or heard much of it since. Current exploit is terrible but not nearly that bad, at least you stand a fighting chance.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I don't have any of the new IB gear, but is it possible to still get the exp boost if I wear the old gear and turn in my bounties with those items equipped? Trying to get my rank up as quickly as possible so I can work towards recovering Marks to buy the items being sold.

Only gear piece you need is the class item, other armor doesn't matter at all. But yes, you can wear an old class item along with the shader and emblem to get a 33% boost when you turn in bounties.

blackflag

Is there a timer on the activity? If so, I can see why getting others involved would be beneficial (to all).

I didn't know anything about it and did it first time without dying and I'm mediocre lol. I'd say there isn't anything to worry about, but I'm not sure what happens if you die.

I agree. I actually would prefer if people didn't get replaced in the Crucible after the first minute. If it's a blowout and people start leaving, just end the match as quickly as possible. I'll stay, work on my bounties and get the loot drops. Bringing people in, as though maybe the next guy can turn this 10000 to 1200 game around, is just comical. It just encourages the culture of quitting.

We were literally seeing people matched into a Mercy-ended game as the final countdown was ending and the "You Won!" score screen popped up. Do they just see a medallion pop up on their screen while still flying in from orbit? Wtf.

They really need to refine the Mercy rule triggers, especially to account for how many players have quit. We had a game that was 16k-5k with only one enemy remaining... but it wouldn't end since they'd cross the ~5k point threshold. The rest of the match takes for-ev-er since you only have one person to kill for points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom