• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

The way that I use Spotify (and I don't have a subscription to it) is launch Spotify first then start my playlist. From there, Launch Destiny and if you hold the PS button, you can then change volume or skip ahead or backwards through the playlist, song by song. It doesn't d/c you from Destiny as long as Spotify is launched first.

This is a method of controlling from a phone or tablet right? Because if I have Destiny launched first and try to launch Spotify from the PS4 app, it suspends Destiny which d/c's it automatically.

yeahhhh it's gotta be through a device. Sorry, forgot to mention that. :(

Tovarisc

There's a new Grimoire for a new map that was added into the database with the patch on Tuesday.

Obviously, it could be for something else, like a later DLC. But I'm guessing a special Trials map.

It would be very cool if Bungie has gone out of their way to design and make proper 3v3 ToO map.

Firthy

"I have killed Driviks a hundredfold and more! Yet you still desire blood! You still desire this "blood sport"! Very well, I will indulge you until you all are bathed a deep crimson as well! Come! Who will be next to claim their trophy?!"

(Black Spindle sherpa is re-opened after a nap. Send me those PMs if you want to get on the Waiting List for getting help obtaining your Black Spindle.

Reminder to not use the Nightstalker glitch while I'm helping you or I will boot you from the Fireteam.)

Messaged you bud :)

In honor of Iron Banner, I made a batch of "Red Death" bbq sauce. I'm not sure what the peppers are (my wife planted them, and then I moved them around later), but it's pretty damn hot.

fCcmOow.jpg

eMNqqXe.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
I´m consistently getting better in PvP.

On the verge to actually having some sort of fun.

Riding GAF trains helps a lot, of course.

When Does IB end btw?

Tecnniqe

Banned
In honor of Iron Banner, I made a batch of "Red Death" bbq sauce. I'm not sure what the peppers are (my wife planted them, and then I moved them around later), but it's pretty damn hot.

RD BBQ sounds awesome.
Do want.
I´m consistently getting better in PvP.

On the verge to actually having some sort of fun.

Riding GAF trains helps a lot, of course.

When Does IB end btw?
Ends on Monday/Reset

Kalamari

Bungie's crucible design philosophy totally makes sense to me now. In order to balance something that is unbalanced, it needs to be unbalanced, because you can't balance things without them being unbalanced at the same time. It's totally logical!

<3 Bungie

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
so i ran Tanniks easily around 10 or 11 times last week trying for that cloak and got nada... is it possible that popping a 3 of coins and getting an exotic replaces your chances at other rare loot? It's starting to feel like maybe the game was trying to drop it for me but it got "upgraded" to an exotic multiple times...

i dunno.. just frustrated :(

on a happier note - Iron banner is rocking my socks off... almost rank 5.

Bungie's crucible design philosophy totally makes sense to me now. In order to balance something that is unbalanced, it needs to be unbalanced, because you can't balance things without them being unbalanced at the same time. It's totally logical!

<3 Bungie

Sunbreakers did NOTHING wrong

IB train starring up in 15 minutes! 2 spots open!

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

Come see Frenden's snipes! Come hear Messi ask the RNG gods for loot. All welcome.

Edit: 1 more spot!

so i ran Tanniks easily around 10 or 11 times last week trying for that cloak and got nada... is it possible that popping a 3 of coins and getting an exotic replaces your chances at other rare loot? It's starting to feel like maybe the game was trying to drop it for me but it got "upgraded" to an exotic multiple times...

Nope tried everything for the Does Not Bow AR. It dropped on my 30th or about run through on the lvl 20. Pain in the ass... But holy shit was it worth it!

zewone

It took me well over 30 attempts to get Taniks cloak.

The drop rates for the strike exclusive gear is just extremely low.

In my 30+ runs I didn't see anyone get the cloak besides the one I got.

shermas

Black Spindle still eludes me... found a group on reddit, downed the boss, had about a minute to clear the room... AND, fail.

I was already kind of burned out for the day when we started... getting that close ruined me. Totally took the wind out of my sails.

Plus, one of the dudes was like 'oh, yeah, we're good. I've done this about 6 or 7 times, I just need the ship.' I asked how he wanted to do the last room and he said 'don't worry about it. i can handle it.' Should have bailed immediately.

shermas

Nope tried everything for the Does Not Bow AR. It dropped on my 30th or about run through on the lvl 20. Pain in the ass... But holy shit was it worth it!

I have a Does Not Bow and I haven't really tried it out yet... any good? I can't figure out which gun to use in IB as my primary (using the raid PR right now). Maybe I'll try that one.

It feels like departments within Bungie aren't communicating.

One minute someone says the game is now real-life compatible, and the next minute we've got random, 1-day-only events popping off every other day.

One person says that the majority of our gear will come from drops during IB, and the next minute we see rank 5 people getting very few drops through their entire run.

We are told that we are supposed to use different load outs. That the previous Destiny model of one-size fits all is wrong (Gjhally for everything), and that we are supposed to experiment and have situation weapons etc. And the next minute they nerf weapon parts, motes, and strange coins, making upgrading several weapons a much bigger chore.

There are PLENTY more examples of this, and herein lies the reason why I am always skeptical, even when it's said directly by Bungie/a dev.

Hi nail. Please meet Head.

Bungie do you have a split personality? What the hell is going on?

I have a Does Not Bow and I haven't really tried it out yet... any good? I can't figure out which gun to use in IB as my primary (using the raid PR right now). Maybe I'll try that one.

I have high level a high level perfect roll deal breaker that I love and this thing rolled decently with hip-fire accuracy and stability... and damn does that make a big difference. Even base... Gun is a beast!

Kalamari

I've read good things about it, give it a try and see how you like it.

It feels like departments within Bungie aren't communicating.

One minute someone says the game is now real-life compatible, and the next minute we've got random, 1-day-only events popping off every other day.

One person says that the majority of our gear will come from drops during IB, and the next minute we see rank 5 people getting very few drops through their entire run.

We are told that we are supposed to use different load outs. That the previous Destiny model of one-size fits all is wrong (Gjhally for everything), and that we are supposed to experiment and have situation weapons etc. And the next minute they nerf weapon parts, motes, and strange coins, making upgrading several weapons a much bigger chore.

There are PLENTY more examples of this, and herein lies the reason why I am always skeptical, even when it's said directly by Bungie/a dev.

I don't think anyone has gotten any IB gear that isn't in Salads store either ._.;

Strider

To be honest the one size fits all load out kinda still exists in PvE.

I mean how many of you are rolling around with Hung Jury + 1000 Yard Stare + Exotic Sword? This is basically my load out for every high level activity and I feel like It's an extremely common load out.

The only exception I make is malice for the end of the raid but I could easily do without it.

Hopefully this changes with heroic raid.

BondFancy

Holy crap that black spindle mission was hard. Finally completed it on my 3rd try, had a minute left to spare. The key was chaining our supers, my group had 2 stormcallers and a sunsinger.

Tovarisc

To be honest the one size fits all load out kinda still exists in PvE.

I mean how many of you are rolling around with Hung Jury + 1000 Yard Stare + Exotic Sword? This is basically my load out for every high level activity and I feel like It's an extremely common load out.

The only exception I make is malice for the end of the raid but I could easily do without it.

Hopefully this changes with heroic raid.

Raid scout + NM Shotty + SS, take that and your one kit theory! :D

void666

Banned
I love my chaperone. It's a really cool weapon but it's sad to see that any high impact legendary outgun me everytime. I have to aim. They don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom