• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to stream music while playing Destiny?

Definitely. The Spotify app is great for this if you have a subscription. Just open Spotify first then Destiny since it boots you to the title screen anytime you access Spotfiy while playing Destiny. Just use a phone or tablet to change songs, etc. Works like a charm and very fun too.

Edit: also you can play music straight from a USB drive that has MP3s, just make sure all the files are in a folder labeled Music. You can control that directly from the PS button menu, it won't suspend Destiny.

Matticers

I don't know why I put off getting the calcified fragments for so long. Decided to finally work on getting to 45 for the Touch of Malice but I'm only at 32 now.

Mindlog

I heard you wanted armor for your Titan. Here's a fourth pair of gauntlets and a second mark. Lower than what you're wearing.
I heard you wanted weapons for your Titan. Here's a Fusion Rifle. Again.
I heard you wanted the Ghost Shell for your Titan. Here's a 300 light one.
hatbnVY.gif

The loots weren't phat, but the team was solid. Nice clean run thank you to everyone that participated. My first time seeing 6 ToM in aciton.

Forgot to save the hero clip of Jayforone coming to save me in the first section. Picture this: There you are holding the relic, but two Taken Phalanx behemoths are in your way. Get any closer and they will push you off. You call for help. Screaming in from the other side of the map comes a Stormaller leaping to your aid. Screaming down towards the bottom of the ship goes that same Stormcaller with a confused and distressed look on its face.

Meanwhile you run past the laughing Phalanx and make it safely to the center statue.

Good times.

I grabbed shards from my vault just in case so I could ensure the extra loot roll.
After finishing the raid I have 22 Muldering Shards. I want to believe.
Definitely. The Spotify app is great for this if you have a subscription. Just open Spotify first then Destiny since it boots you to the title screen anytime you access Spotfiy while playing Destiny. Just use a phone or tablet to change songs, etc. Works like a charm and very fun too.

Edit: also you can play music straight from a USB drive that has MP3s, just make sure all the files are in a folder labeled Music. You can control that directly from the PS button menu, it won't suspend Destiny.
Not sure if that's required anymore as you can browse folders while in the app.
You do have to suspend Destiny to start it up and select specific songs without scrolling through everything. Very annoying give and take with the media update.

Sweet, I'll probably start rocking out spotify more.

sajj316

I don't know why I put off getting the calcified fragments for so long. Decided to finally work on getting to 45 for the Touch of Malice but I'm only at 32 now.

Tons of guides on them. I used IGN + a calcified fragment tracker site to find 44/45. Now that the Agonarch Rune is active, I'll finish it up today.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I can't hear voice chat through my headphones on my ps4. Any clue what's up? New PS4 so I don't know what I did on my old PS4 to fix it. The only way I can hear voice is to change the setting under devices/audio to "Chat only". But then I can't hear the game sounds.

KanameYuuki

You were right about your connection, any chance of you rejoining anytime soon? Waiting at the teleporter.

So, I was able to browse Gaf, youtube, etc. just fine but Destiny killed my connection, It is finally up again.

Out of all the days this could have happened it only does it when there is a timed exotic...

I'm sitting at 197 marks. Any recommendations for what to spend them on? I'd probably want something PVP focused.

Currently I've been using scouts (Jade Rabbit and the Suros DIS-47) with a sniper (either Stillpiercer or Defiance of Yasmin) and a HMG.

Kyne

yo~

that used to the be the case, but not anymore.

Now you can already have Destiny launched and (as long as they are on the same network) launch Spotify while playing. On the bottom where your music is playing there should be a "connect to" option whenever you're in range of the network on both the PS4 and your device. Whenever you bring that up it should show your PS4 as a network device and you can click it + start playing it from there.

Matticers

Tons of guides on them. I used IGN + a calcified fragment tracker site to find 44/45. Now that the Agonarch Rune is active, I'll finish it up today.

I've been following some guides but I think the thing that's going to have me hung up are the T3 CoO fragments since you have to wait for the resets for a couple of those. Plus I need stuff like the Skyburners/Agonarach ones and a couple from King's Fall but I already ran that this week. So I might have to wait a week or two just to get them all. Not really too thrilled about that.

adin75

I notice the inventory refresh time on the Banner gear is due in 11 hours. Does this mean all the available gear to purchase will change?

Imma be pissed if they take away that pulse before I hit rank 5.

Tovarisc

I notice the inventory refresh time on the Banner gear is due in 11 hours. Does this mean all the available gear to purchase will change?

Imma be pissed if they take away that pulse before I hit rank 5.

That timer counts to daily reset time at which point new bounties are put up.

The way that I use Spotify (and I don't have a subscription to it) is launch Spotify first then start my playlist. From there, Launch Destiny and if you hold the PS button, you can then change volume or skip ahead or backwards through the playlist, song by song. It doesn't d/c you from Destiny as long as Spotify is launched first.

yo~

that used to the be the case, but not anymore.

Now you can already have Destiny launched and (as long as they are on the same network) launch Spotify while playing. On the bottom where your music is playing there should be a "connect to" option whenever you're in range of the network on both the PS4 and your device. Whenever you bring that up it should show your PS4 as a network device and you can click it + start playing it from there.

This is a method of controlling from a phone or tablet right? Because if I have Destiny launched first and try to launch Spotify from the PS4 app, it suspends Destiny which d/c's it automatically.

I miss going to the Reef with a purpose, now Brother Vance will only have bounties, mreh, maybe the placebo effect of decrypting with other than rahool guy.

Can't wait for your Sherpa runs of Trials! hehe

Lol I can go several days before remembering that the Reef exists. Rarely even bother to stop by for Variks' weekly packages.

Trials Sherpa runs are going to be extremely interesting this week. It'll be easier because lots of non-PvP folks will be back at it looking for the new loot. But it'll be harder due to the match making changes that pair you against people with the same number of wins. Mercury carries could get really brutal since you'd tear through the first 3-4 wins against all the bad teams, but all those bad teams would get stuck playing each other in that diluted player pool.

All the good teams would be quickly filtered out so the last 2-3 wins is a constant murderer's row of MLG pros. The worst part is you'd have to play all those easy early games just to get to the real test, so you might waste a lot of time having trains derail at the dreaded 8-1. I can't wait for Trials to come back but it was already stressful enough trying to help people, haha. Fingers crossed it will still be possible to help. I know a lot of people will be dying to feel that burning sun on their skin again.

Owensboro

I guess I'm just not high enough level for the Black Spindle. Either that, or I just need better equipment. Sorry everyone :(

Still looking for any of the Exotic Sword quests!

KanameYuuki

Thanks for the help guys, man that way different than my first try haha Zhalo was eating them like candies, but jesus, I was so stressed, I was not racing only against the clock but also against my connection. I'm going to give my ISP a call lol.

Bogeypop

"I have killed Driviks a hundredfold and more! Yet you still desire blood! You still desire this "blood sport"! Very well, I will indulge you until you all are bathed a deep crimson as well! Come! Who will be next to claim their trophy?!"

(Black Spindle sherpa is re-opened after a nap. Send me those PMs if you want to get on the Waiting List for getting help obtaining your Black Spindle.

Reminder to not use the Nightstalker glitch while I'm helping you or I will boot you from the Fireteam.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom