• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. So you would recommend leveling that even before finishing Voidwalker?

With Warlock you can play whatever you prefer really.

Personally unless running HM content I don't use Sunsinger with its fireborn perk as I don't like sitting around wasting my super by not using it. So I use an aggressive SS build.

I also wouldn't underestimate Voidwalker. When specced properly it's amazing. I run with an explosive build. Scatter grenades/Split Nova Bomb/Explosive void abilities paired with Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju. It totally wrecks in both PvE and PvP.

Nirwen's Mercy
  • RoF: 66
  • Impact: 14
  • Range: 34
  • Stability: 71
  • Reload: 68
  • Mag: 33

Lyudmila-D
  • RoF: 59
  • Impact: 30
  • Range: 63
  • Stability: 54
  • Reload: 51

Yeah you can see big difference in base range vs stability. Range is really the only Achille's heel of IB pulse. Although I don't know if those numbers are exact, the Lyudmila mag size is definitely wrong. It has a 36 mag, fires 4-shot bursts so it'd have to be divisible by regardless.

jaaz

With Warlock you can play whatever you prefer really.

Personally unless running HM content I don't use Sunsinger with its fireborn perk as I don't like sitting around wasting my super by not using it. So I use an aggressive SS build.

I also wouldn't underestimate Voidwalker. When specced properly it's amazing. I run with an explosive build. Scatter grenades/Split Nova Bomb/Explosive void abilities paired with Obsidian Mind and Bad Juju. It totally wrecks in both PvE and PvP.

Yeah but dat Tlaloc. It makes me want to sit on my sunbro super all day long.

Deku Tree

Nirwen's Mercy
  • RoF: 66
  • Impact: 14
  • Range: 34
  • Stability: 71
  • Reload: 68

Lyudmila-D
  • RoF: 59
  • Impact: 30
  • Range: 63
  • Stability: 54
  • Reload: 51

Basically opposite ends of the RoF/Impact spectrum. Lyudmila is slow firing, max impact Messnger-style, IB pulse is fast and low impact like the 2.0 Hopscotch or 55-Allfate. Vendor IB pulse can get max stability which is a huge draw but the range is weak. Lyudmila can have very high, sub-max stability but with really high range.

Thx so much!

>Hugs my Lyudila with decent roll.

Now I don't feel bad about not having time to grind this IB.

Yeah you can see big difference in base range vs stability. Range is really the only Achille's heel of IB pulse. Although I don't know if those numbers are exact, the Lyudmila mag size is definitely wrong. It has a 36 mag, fires 4-shot bursts so it'd have to be divisible by regardless.

How did you get the Lyudmila?

Tovarisc

Pulled numbers from DestinyDB, bar lengths looked right :D I played several rounds of PvP in IB with Nirwen's Mercy, range was never issue and didn't notice damage drop off. I guess you need shoot almost cross map to get damage drop off.

Will be my go-to PR for ToO this weekend.

Tecnniqe

Banned
CRZLzJDU8AE2YLD.png:large

Gotta upgrade this beast

How did you get the Lyudmila?

Gunsmith rank up package. Got super lucky with a beastly perk roll. I've been trying out a lot of primaries in IB but keep coming back to it. Red Death is the only thing that might break into my Trials load out. That health regen will be hard to beat in Elimination even though the range and stability are much worse.

Yeah but dat Tlaloc. It makes me want to sit on my sunbro super all day long.
Just depends on what you build you class around really.

If you want to build your class around Tlaloc then that's perfect for you.

I prefer an aggressive play style with multiple explosive burst situations with some collateral damage from explosions sprinkled on top.

Tovarisc

Gunsmith rank up package. Got super lucky with a beastly perk roll. I've been trying out a lot of primaries in IB but keep coming back to it. Red Death is the only thing that might break into my Trials load out. That health regen will be hard to beat in Elimination even though the range and stability are much worse.

Rank up 2 win confirmed!

the_id

How long is the black spindle quest going to be on for? Reason I ask is because I'm at work for another 5 hours. Will I have time?

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #13(?) or #14(?) complete. Lan_97 and TheCanisDirus are up next. Reminder to send me PMs to get on the Black Spindle help Waiting List. Further reminder not to use the Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you or you will be booted from the Fireteam.

MechDX

New player here, should I level one subclass up all the way first or split XP between the two?

Stormcaller. I run mostly warlock and that class is just sooooo much fun to use.

Sunsinger is great when you are running raids or strikes with randoms. Self revive is much needed at times in those situations

Pulled numbers from DestinyDB, bar lengths looked right :D I played several rounds of PvP in IB with Nirwen's Mercy, range was never issue and didn't notice damage drop off. I guess you need shoot almost cross map to get damage drop off.

Will be my go-to PR for ToO this weekend.

Yeah it seems excellent. I got one today but haven't taken it for a spin yet. I'll throw some motes into it then play around in normal Crucible to see if I want to infuse it.

The big issue though with range isn't damage drop off, that rarely matters. The range stat actually has a ton of important hidden stats rolled into it, especially aim assist/accuracy type stuff. The way they determine damage is very strange, your gun basically points out a cone and anything inside that cone counts as a hit when you fire. More range gives a bigger cone, more or less, which makes it easier to hit shots. The other issue is recoil pattern which I haven't tried yet but Nirwen's doesn't have Counterbalance while my Lyudmila does. Time will tell!

320 gear.

Recommended Light for Hard Mode is 300 – 320. The loot that will drop will be between 310 – 320. Gear up and mark your calendars.

If you’re manipulating network traffic, or if your connection is so bad that you’re unintentionally compromising the experience of other players, we’ll issue a temporary restriction from all Crucible activities

Yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom