• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

I don't think most random people in crucible play agressively, this is mostly due to the map design of course but I'm having fun doing it. A lot of randoms don't handle it to well in control. Jumping in throwing grenades, blasting people to hell by actually jumping in and shotgunning, a little more fun for now.

Tecnniqe

Banned
No I'm just saying... this raid drop date is... convenient.

Hardly think thats the reason, im pretty sure the reason they pushed HM is to get some "new" content in there since Trials is postponed until further notice.

I assume the old schedule they had was to fit in after H5 release to grab people back, but some certain exploiters ruined their plan.

Cheaters :p

Huh, honestly surprised about the 320 gear. Hard encounters will hopefully cap at 310. Glad they made the decision to cut Trials for this week though can finish the Iron Banana stuff on all three characters now.

inthrall

Woo Hard mode raid times confirmed!
Now to find a raid team
310-320 LL is interesting, does this mean you need to raid to stay competitive in Trials?

Pity about the trials, but I understand why. We were hitting exploiters every third game in Iron Bannaner last night.

Yeah, definitely possible although that would majorly bum me out. Based on HM VoG and CE I don't have high hopes for HM KF injecting a ton of freshness into the raid. PvE endgame has pretty much run its course for me now, Trials is the only thing that would really energize me. Oh well, still hyped for blind hard raid.

What's funny is that PvE was all I got Destiny for. But after the disappointment that was Prison of Elders (aside from the glorious Skolas fight), I had time on my hands and got into skilled PvP and even Trials. The idea of skipping a raid is quite hard for me to believe.

Please do post your impressions. I'm very curious.

PuMa

So it sounds like they won't be doing anything for weapon parts anytime soon. "Watching reports"... and such. "Some people use a ton of parts, some use none". Who uses NO weapon parts?!

Tecnniqe

Banned
What if Bungie just disables quiver as a temporary fix lol?

That would make 44.50% of the playerbase toss a fit about not being able to abuse it, according to IB player stats.
So it sounds like they won't be doing anything for weapon parts anytime soon. "Watching reports"... and such. "Some people use a ton of parts, some use none". Who uses NO weapon parts?!
People like me who played it "smart" and expected this shit to happen.

Hoard everything. Always.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey, looks like still one spot for the newbie vault of Glass tonight, in about 2 hours. If you'd like to come, anyone is welcome. Newbies are gladly accepted of course or if anyone wants to help. The old raids go rather quickly because all damage is so amplified these days.

PM me if you would like the spot!
Still a spot, Newbie VoG in 1 hour. PM me if you want in

Zoidberg

For a weekly update, that had a surprising amount of Q&A, keep it up Bungie.

Would have preferred an honest explanation of why they nerfed weapon parts, because the answer given was pretty weak and didn't justify why it went out.

Zoidberg

Probably people who don't play anymore...I'd hope they would have checked for that. There's no way to play this game without using them.

Would have preferred an honest explanation of why they nerfed weapon parts, because the answer given was pretty weak and didn't justify why it went out.

They probably just looked at the rate that people were acquiring Weapon parts and didn't crosscheck it with how many of those parts were getting immediately reinvested into upgrades.

Cheeselocks vs Bugzappers vs...

Voidwalkers

Spacewizards? ShotoGandalfs? PurplePeople?

... I got nothin.

They are definitely faster than year 1 patch rates but there's definitely too much bureaucracy too pump out fixes whenever they want.
That and the fact that it's four platforms that they patch simultaneously, I suppose.
But yeah, I was looking forward to finally getting rid of my Mercy of Osiris boon - I've had it on my Hunter for over 2 months now lol

Tovarisc

"Some people use a lots of weapon parts while others don't really use them so we felt that game shouldn't give that much weapon parts so everyone hoards them", I'm still trying to find some logic from that reasoning.

Friday night has some potential, but most of Saturday is out. We have a trip to Hershey park planned. Late Saturday may work, but I'm not sure what time we're getting home.

Well I do know the guy I brought along on our last raid (RL Friend will be down Friday). Also; get me some Chocolate since you're going to be there. :p that's only a few hours from where I grew up after all.

Homeboyd

"Some people use a lots of weapon parts while others don't really use them so we felt that game shouldn't give that much weapon parts so everyone hoards them", I'm still trying to find some logic from that reasoning.
This game taught me a long time ago to hoard literally everything. Has paid off time and time again.

What's funny is that PvE was all I got Destiny for. But after the disappointment that was Prison of Elders (aside from the glorious Skolas fight), I had time on my hands and got into skilled PvP and even Trials. The idea of skipping a raid is quite hard for me to believe.

Please do post your impressions. I'm very curious.

For sure, I most certainly will. It seems like you and I have pretty similar impressions of normal mode so it'll be interesting to see if they're able to surprise us.

phen0m24

Patch notes:
- Hunters have been removed while we fix it good. Please pardon our dust.
- We would like to take this opportunity to remind Warlocks that we cannot do anything about people teasing them relentlessly, just grow up and deal with it

Video of the week:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
I think I spotted a warlock in that video.

He was wearing jeans and a chambray shirt at the same time ewww Lolol hehehe

Soooo.... This is the first Iron Banner I've committed serious time to. Is it normal to not be able to get the entire armour set in the first week?

There's so much I didn't know about this stupid event that I wish I had. Apparently something called a 'Tempered Buff' is applied which means that the later in the week you play, the higher rep you receive?

So I am nearly Rank 5 already and it's only Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom