• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
"Some people use a lots of weapon parts while others don't really use them so we felt that game shouldn't give that much weapon parts so everyone hoards them", I'm still trying to find some logic from that reasoning.

Yeah the eco part made me go
tumblr_m4vhctNhcA1qcnt2ho1_250.gif

I dont get it. What does limiting parts have with making gear more "relevant" and "special"?

I dont get it. Bungie please. Im trying to explain why im trying to explain!

We love you Bungie, but please.
icon-bungie-heart.png

rc213

They probably just looked at the rate that people were acquiring Weapon parts and didn't crosscheck it with how many of those parts were getting immediately reinvested into upgrades.

Spacewizards? ShotoGandalfs? PurplePeople?

... I got nothin.

Pretty much this. Since TTK I've trying every kind of weapon because the weapon parts weren't a total grind to acquire like out was before. Hell my first raid i finished it with a pulse rifle as my main. Right now I'm on scouts, Hoping to find a decent hand canon to run with but no luck so far.

Bogeypop

Group #15(?) or 16(?) Complete. m̶a̶n̶d̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ . Anyone who hasn't and wants help obtaining their Black Spindle please send me a PM to be put on the Waiting List.

Further reminder not to use Nightstalker glitch or I will boot you from the fireteam.

EDIT: mandiller isn't responding and I don't have any PMs from anyone other than Born2Live, so I need a third who's ready to go ASAP.

Zoidberg

They probably just looked at the rate that people were acquiring Weapon parts and didn't crosscheck it with how many of those parts were getting immediately reinvested into upgrades.

It certainly wasn't handled properly, and how people acquire and spend their weapon parts should have never, ever, been something to investigate in the first place.

For a game about guns (where the gun play is one of the best parts), nerfing one of the primary sources of upgrading new weapons seems stupid and should have never happened.

I can't imagine how shitty it would be to start out the game now and have to question whether you can upgrade a gun or not.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Group #15(?) or 16(?) Complete. mandiller and his friend are next. Anyone who hasn't and wants help obtaining their Black Spindle please send me a PM to be put on the Waiting List.

Further reminder not to use Nightstalker glitch or I will boot you from the fireteam.

You go Bogey!

Tecnniqe

Banned
kinda jacked since you could max through pvp before

Mmm i made a large post and some follow ups a while back with my views on this.
Which pretty much ended up happening with IB.

Just my view on things, but its usually how MMOs does it, as i explained as well.

Navy Bean

Group #15(?) or 16(?) Complete. mandiller and his friend are next. Anyone who hasn't and wants help obtaining their Black Spindle please send me a PM to be put on the Waiting List.

Someone get this man an XboxOne stat! Need some fools to try for the Spindle... Hit me up if you're interested and a PvE God. dmh33.

Tovarisc

Soooo.... This is the first Iron Banner I've committed serious time to. Is it normal to not be able to get the entire armour set in the first week?

There's so much I didn't know about this stupid event that I wish I had. Apparently something called a 'Tempered Buff' is applied which means that the later in the week you play, the higher rep you receive?

So I am nearly Rank 5 already and it's only Thursday.

If it's anything like Y1 IB then you can expect one armor / IB event. This time it's boots, next time IB comes around it's e.g. helmet and so on until every slot has been in sale once. Then cycle repeats. They also always have two guns in sale, also rotating them like armor.

Also yeah, Tempered Buff increased how much rep you get from completing matches and returning bounties. In Y1 you had to purchase it each day with few Motes of Light, now it's automatically applied. Ranking up gets faster and faster as week progresses.

I'm already rank 5, rushed it as I expected ToO to start this Friday.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Which leads me back to the question, Bungie do you even play your own game? lol smh

The announcement of the LL increase has me super curious as to how effective a 310 will be effective if the content goes to 320.

MrDaravon

Oh god damn it I didn't realize that you had to wait until Armsday for the last (?) step in the Exotic Sword quest. You win this round Bungie.

Navy Bean

If it's anything like Y1 IB then you can expect one armor / IB event. This time it's boots, next time IB comes around it's e.g. helmet and so on until every slot has been in sale once. Then cycle repeats. They also always have two guns in sale, also rotating them like armor.

Also yeah, Tempered Buff increased how much rep you get from completing matches and returning bounties. In Y1 you had to purchase it each day with few Motes of Light, now it's automatically applied. Ranking up gets faster and faster as week progresses.

I'm already rank 5, rushed it as I expected ToO to start this Friday.
Big difference is it used to rain really good Legendary crucible weapons upon you. Now...nada but for the very rare drop of stuff in his inventory.

Tovarisc

Big difference is it used to rain really good Legendary crucible weapons upon you. Now...nada but for the very rare drop of stuff in his inventory.

I have been getting 1-3 Strange Coin's as post-match rewards rather often, which is quite nice. I take that over 260 blue item any time.

SheHateMe

So, I decided that for the time being until the patch is live, I'm putting my Gravaton Forfeit in the Vault.

I don't want anyone accusing me of cheating or anything.
Although I did use the glitch last night to finish my Sword Quest. Sorry, not sorry. 45 minutes in Siege Of The Warmind and I went from 7% to complete. Still need 6 more Relic thingees, though. That'll take me another 18 hours. (3 hours per one relic thingee.)

I thought about putting Gunslinger back on, but my Nighthawk is only 290, and I'm not ready to be back under 300 after all my hard work to get to 301.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Which leads me back to the question, Bungie do you even play your own game? lol smh

The announcement of the LL increase has me super curious as to how effective a 310 will be effective if the content goes to 320.

my guess is 315 will be the new 295 for Oryx.

Curious what tricks other than no revive, though loosing that DPS will be mission critical, curious if ToM/Spindle will help as much as regular raid

Bogeypop

mandiller isn't responding and I don't have any PMs from anyone other than Born2Live, so I need a third who's ready to go ASAP for a Black Spindle run.

I want to get on that IB train, but I'm down to my last 4 mats on my last exotic sword quest, want to knock this out. So boring.
The rep gains are better later in the week, so you'll probs make the same progress in the last two days, that I will in the first 4, given the math of the tempered buff.

Well it's disappointing that Trials won't be available tomorrow. I suppose the bright side is sunbreakers may be balanced by the time it's available. Don't really care about the hard raid. King's Fall isn't all that fun and the loot is a joke. The last run I did I got a 302 ghost, a 300 and 302 cloak, and a 303 shottie. I'm not looking to get back into that loot grind to try to get 320 stuff unless the stuff is significantly better in other ways. I'm a little worried however that I'll have to run it to stay at a competitive light level for trials.

todd360

Trials was canceled by the actions of a single man. Isn't that just werid to think about? This guy could of just pretended he never found that glitch, but instead shared it on Reddit and acted like it wouldn't catch on if he just wrote how to do it in the YouTube video and not in his post. One guy got trials canceled. Boo this man. Boo him right in the nose.

He probably could of found a way to tell Bungie about it directly without anyone else finding out as well. He could have been the hero we need.

Well it's disappointing that Trials won't be available tomorrow. I suppose the bright side is sunbreakers may be balanced by the time it's available. Don't really care about the hard raid. King's Fall isn't all that fun and the loot is a joke. The last run I did I got a 302 ghost, a 300 and 302 cloak, and a 303 shottie. I'm not looking to get back into that loot grind to try to get 320 stuff unless the stuff is significantly better in other ways. I'm a little worried however that I'll have to run it to stay at a competitive light level for trials.

This is the only saving grace. I are sad

SnakeEyes

Banned
Trials was canceled by the actions of a single man. Isn't that just werid to think about? This guy could of just pretended he never found that glitch, but instead shared it on Reddit and acted like it wouldn't catch on if he just wrote how to do it in the YouTube video and not in his post. One guy got trials canceled. Boo this man. Boo him right in the nose.

He probably could of found a way to tell Bungie about it directly without anyone else finding out as well. He could have been the hero we need.
People who use Reddit would never do this. They would post it and watch the Upvotes roll in.

Deku Tree

But then that dudes username wouldn't be Destiny Reddit Internet famous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom