• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This random light level on raid gear is really pissing me off. So not only do we have to get lucky enough to get a certain slot, we also have to pray that we're simultaneously lucky enough to get a certain light level? And that's completely ignoring desirable stats/perks. And combined with the shittiest drop rates ever? If we have a chance of getting "useless" 300 light level gear from the raid then we should at least be swimming in drops so we could upgrade our side grades to raid level.

This is the worst loot system the game has ever had for end game content, and I understand that the purpose is to prolong game play time but fuck me if it isn't the most dishearteningly dissatisfying one I've seen.

I can't believe I'm yearning for HoW's and especially Crota's loot/reward system in contrast with this. Hell, even VoG is far superior, at least then while you were forever 29 you knew that if the damned boots/helmet ever dropped, you'd make 30. And that all weapons were at maximum effectiveness without requiring the sacrifice of another RNG dependent drop.

I love playing this game, its gameplay is great. But everything else about it fucking hates me. "Respect the player's time" my ass.

How else are they going to milk out the content until the next big update :^)

It's reaaaallly stupid. Not only are the drops random, you can go weeks without getting certain pieces of gear, but the level on it is random meaning that when you do get an item it can be completely crap.

FUCKK YESSSSS
12038899_450236688516423_1165809526090925397_o.jpg

Life=Complete

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #18(?) Complete. Griffith and ??? are next. Need one more for a Black Spindle run.

Reminder to send me a PM if you'd like help obtaining the Black Spindle and I'll put you on the Waiting List.

Further reminder to not use the Nighstalker glitch if I'm helping you or I will boot you from the party.

And lastly a PSA: If you're sending me PMs via mobile please put something in the Subject Line/Title or your PM won't get sent for some reason.

Oh god! I'm delirious! I was going to go flop on my bed and watch TV while I waited for a third person to show up. I haven't watched TV in years. Someone PM me or something so I don't do something foolish!

sephi22

Bl4ckSunsh1n3, durran3 and TurboButts, are you around? I have you signed up for a Newbie raid tonight.
Durran3 is my IRL and PSN friend. I didn't even know he had a GAF account. If he signed up for newbie raid I wouldn't mind joining too if you guys need a 6th. I'm experienced though, so if you're doing all newbie go ahead

neoism

In Year 2, we took steps to streamline and simplify the economy for players, with hopes that providing more direct paths to gear and the stuff you needed to upgrade that gear would just be more satisfying across the board. Changes to economy of the game are made in the interest of preserving the value of the items in your inventory and ensuring that you have good uses for the things you’re saving.

Weapon Parts, specifically, have been particularly vexing. Some players use a LOT of Parts, whereas others use almost none. Still, we are very aware that this is a choke point for some players, and further adjustments may be in order.

wat?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Durran3 is my IRL and PSN friend. I didn't even know he had a GAF account. If he signed up for newbie raid I wouldn't mind joining too if you guys need a 6th. I'm experienced though, so if you're doing all newbie go ahead
He doesn't have a GAF account to my knowledge, but he did sign up, twice actually, and is nowhere to be found. There is another no-show besides him though so feel free to join either way. I'm certainly not picky at this point... there are only 4 of us and I'd like to get started :p

Hopefully I can find a good raid team next weekend for Hard Mode. I am ready for it.

Hopefully it doesn't have some silly loot system like Crota where certain items only drop on Normal so you have to run it on both Normal and Hard. I still don't have the Kings Fall LMG.

MrDaravon

So I'm in the Heroic Strike playlist, Dust Palace. Right when we get to the bosses one of the guys quits. The other guy proceeds to kill himself by jumping off the edge over and over, so I'm forced to kill the 3 Flayers myself which is a pain in the ass and takes forever. Game never puts a 3rd player in. Cool

Edit: Oh cool I stayed in without quitting and it gave me Dust Palace again, even better

Two is just not enough for Spindle it seems. Oh well, guess I'll have to try again next time.

Thanks for the attempt, Navy Bean!

290 isn't worth it imo, otherwise I would. I'll take my 1k Yard Stare anyday now. @300 I might give it a few attempts. But 290, meh. That story mission is dead to me now.

Might try for the ship though someday.

sephi22

He doesn't have a GAF account to my knowledge, but he did sign up, twice actually, and is nowhere to be found. There is another no-show besides him though so feel free to join either way. I'm certainly not picky at this point... there are only 4 of us and I'd like to get started :p

Wait you guys doing KF or VoG? I'm sorry but I'll pass for VoG. I can bring another if you're doing KF though

darthbob

Tanik's and the Flayer mantles already are, but I am happy everyone else is in love with the wolf cloaks. The game needs more endgame variety!

Forgot about the Flayer Cloaks, those are pretty boss as well.

Just makes me frustrated that my Titan will never look frabjous...

GorillaJu

By the way, it is possible to kill a Sunbreaker without Nova Bomb: you just need to unload a full clip of Bad Juju and then make sure Backstab procs. Most importantly, make sure the titan doesn't throw a hammer at you at any point during the encounter.

Or head shot them with a sniper rifle, or hit them with a rocket launcher, or a suppressor grenade, or a golden gun.

If you're trying to take on a super-mode enemy head on with just your primary weapon, you're doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom