• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we get a list of some of the best weapons, or is there a good list out there?

What's best for PvE?

Scout - Hung Jury (Anything else? Treads Upon Stars?)

Auto Rifle - Zhalo Supercell, Zarinaea-D

Snipers - 1000 Yard Stare, Black Spindle?

Best Heavy - Exotic Sword

Tovarisc

More like "we know the .01% is gonna be real mad but this one for the 99.99."

But who really benefits from more sparse weapon parts? I'm sitting on 1.5k parts and just stop experimenting with different kinds of weapons so I will be more than fine, but what about that new guy or older player with e.g. 300 parts? That is very few parts when considering that all weapons require them for base upgrades + infusion, then some quests want them.

Those who hoarded up during Y1 and didn't ride reroll train are more than fine after this nerf, but those with few parts get punished by this hard. Who benefits?

zewone

Or head shot them with a sniper rifle, or hit them with a rocket launcher, or a suppressor grenade, or a golden gun.

If you're trying to take on a super-mode enemy head on with just your primary weapon, you're doing it wrong.
Sniper rifle headshot (unless Black Spindle) and rocket doesn't kill a Sunbreaker.

GorillaJu

So can we get a list of some of the best weapons, or is there a good list out there?

What's best for PvE?

Scout - Hung Jury (Anything else? Treads Upon Stars?)

Auto Rifle - Zhalo Supercell, Zarinaea-D

Snipers - 1000 Yard Stare, Black Spindle?

Best Heavy - Exotic Sword

I consider a good machine gun much better than a sword for the heavy spot. The sword is great for certain situations but in raids or against bosses with one-shot melee attacks, a machine gun is much better.

neoism

"Weapon parts were too complicated so as to not encumber your brain we decided to lower the amount you get."

lol it is such a nonanswer it's ridiculous, weapon parts are a progression stopgap. "makes weapons more valuable" LOL if anything it makes us not want to even bother(definitely me) I remember in the HOW DLC it would be weeks before I got enough parts to fully upgrade an exotic it's not fun at all bungie let us buy weapon parts, it completely takes the fun part out of getting a new weapon only to realize you have to grind 5 hours to get enough weapon parts to fully upgraded it, at least the drop rate for engrams is a lot higher but it's still dumb....they better look into it smh...
Hell make one strange coin be five weapon parts. fixed...

GorillaJu

lol

lolol

i'll give you that one

nope. does 195-197 if they spec max armor

you can team fire pretty much every other super with enough space

So it takes two shots instead of one? Either way they're killable. In all the time I spent on IB the last few days, top spot was almost always taken by a Gunslinger or a Sunsinger. If it's a Titan I've seen more defenders than Sunbreakers in the top spot.

Owensboro

I need all 3 as well! Psn is Router_Go_Vroom

Hah, well I've never gone for it before. Want to pick one and shoot for it? Or try and get two at once? I'm sure going for all 3 at once will be almost impossible (or at least, incredibly frustrating).

Anyone else up for trying for an Exotic Sword? BMO and I need all 3, so we're not picky.

Hah, well I've never gone for it before. Want to pick one and shoot for it? Or try and get two at once? I'm sure going for all 3 at once will be almost impossible (or at least, incredibly frustrating).

Anyone else up for trying for an Exotic Sword? BMO and I need all 3, so we're not picky.

Friends invited me to do void sword. After i am done i will hop on with you if you still need em, sorry :(

Frenden

Banned
Just had literally the worst match of Destiny PvP I have ever had, went something like 6 and 21. Other team was using the Shadowshot glitch. I'm done.
I had some bad matches tonight--turns out getting suuuuper used to class specific weapons and then switching to another class is a bad idea, lolol.

Great games, though, Ape, Afro and Co. So much fun. I'll try and get on again later if possible.

sephi22

Anyone up for raiding with lightsaberut and me? Starting as soon as we get 6.

1. sephi22
2. lightsaberut
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??

sephi22 on PSN

So it takes two shots instead of one? Either way they're killable. In all the time I spent on IB the last few days, top spot was almost always taken by a Gunslinger or a Sunsinger. If it's a Titan I've seen more defenders than Sunbreakers in the top spot.

All they have to do is throw a hammer at your general vicinity and that's a GG wasted on a kill trade or wasted entirely. Then they still have another 6 hammers to to your 1 GG shot lol

Bold cannot be serious.

maomaoIYP

Wolf pelt cloak is a cool idea, but just doesn't look good with most hunter helmets.
Taniks cloak is still best cloak.

I like the idea of the Taniks cloak and Flayer mantles, but honestly exposed hunter helmets just look like bald dudes.

But you are right though, I love the wolf pelt, but it just doesn't look good with the helms too.

Namikaze1

So I don't know how I managed to get 1500+ IB rep points for each of the two bounties I handed in. I went from rank 2.5 to 4 with just those two bounties.

Strider

Defenders better than SunBreakers confirmed. Pack it in folks

If you are good enough at Crucible to get two headshots with 1000 yard stare while a Sunbreaker is throwing hammers at you, all the power to you. I am not that good. I play a style that utilizes single headshots to gather my sniper kills.

So I don't know how I managed to get 1500+ IB rep points for each of the two bounties I handed in. I went from rank 2.5 to 4 with just those two bounties.

Had you already leveled up an alt? The buff you get for that is huge, maybe double? Weekly bounties I turned in today on my main were 872. I'll wait until Monday to turn them in on alts, should be crazy rep.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What if they ran a set loadout? Weapons had the same attack rating as your currently equipped stuff. Armor had the same defense rating? Completely level playing field.

That comes out later this month on the Xbox. It's called Halo 5. :)

For real though. That is the one thing that I feel Destiny and CoD are missing. A playlist where all players are at a level playing field.
Obviously wouldn't have the weapon pickup/domination on the map. But a weekend playlist similar to Trials with preset loadouts could be very cool.

God damnit I want that Black Spindle ship :( Just did a run and didn't get it.

Hey bogey you got a list or are you free? I want to run it again with someone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom