• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #19(?) or 20(?) Complete. I have no PMs from people, so if you need your Black Spindle send me a PM now and you will be attended to ASAP.

Reminder to not use the Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you otherwise I will boot you from the Fireteam.

PSA: If you send me PMs via mobile please put something in the Subject Line/Title as PMs won't be sent otherwise for some reason.

So it takes two shots instead of one? Either way they're killable. In all the time I spent on IB the last few days, top spot was almost always taken by a Gunslinger or a Sunsinger. If it's a Titan I've seen more defenders than Sunbreakers in the top spot.

That's because the Titan has a very meh non-super game. The Titan gets about 30 seconds of pure awesomeness per game.

I'll admit, I see people's point of view on the super being pretty hard to kill. I'd say it only needs a small tweak to damage reduction.

Warlock main btw.

Spindle Group #19(?) or 20(?) Complete. I have no PMs from people, so if you need your Black Spindle send me a PM now and you will be attended to ASAP.

Reminder to not use the Nightstalker glitch if I'm helping you otherwise I will boot you from the Fireteam.

PSA: If you send me PMs via mobile please put something in the Subject Line/Title as PMs won't be sent otherwise for some reason.
Bogey, I'm mostly a noob, so help me out here. Why is the BS a big deal?

timnich

Sent you a Pm, would love to get some help on this. I spent 3 hours last time with no luck.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Weapon parts conversation: I got six new weapons from the gunsmith yesterday and picked up two new legendaries through drops. All but one of those weapons has all the upgrades spots open and ready to be leveled up. But.... I have a single weapon part right now.
Yes one single weapon part. So I can not use any of these eight weapons right now.
I have a Dealbreaker I want to try out in Iron Banner but I need to infuse it to increase its light level.
Nope.
Don't have any weapon parts for that.
Maybe if I played more.... I'm an unemployed individual that plays 8 hours a day of destiny.

Guess I'll have to farm engrams at CoO later.

MrDaravon

Just slogged through Heroic Undying Mind with one other dude the entire way through, the game never put in a third, took over 30 minutes. Have they not said anything at all about matchmaking being broken as shit in the Strike playlist, and/or why there's only like 4 Strikes in the rotation?

Speaking of which, is the level 36 playlist the exact same strikes as Heroic? If so I should probably just stick to the director strikes and try to farm flayer capes or something that way, at least it wouldn't be such a goddamn slog on Heroic where folks quit most of the time.

GorillaJu

All they have to do is throw a hammer at your general vicinity and that's a GG wasted on a kill trade or wasted entirely. Then they still have another 6 hammers to to your 1 GG shot lol

Bold cannot be serious.

Defenders better than SunBreakers confirmed. Pack it in folks

Did I say defenders were better? I didn't. The point I was making is that the balance is nowhere near as fucked up as you guys make it sound in this thread. I mean look at the title alone—it's like a battered wives support group in here.

Defenders with No Backup Plans can win more firefights where supers aren't being used because shotgun kills grant shield barriers. Winning Crucible is done in standard fire fights. Whoever is better at positioning, picking fights, getting head shots will win. Sunbreakers have no real abilities that make them good in normal fights. Throwing Knives, Smoke, invisibility, for example are all useful. Shield barrier on Shotgun kills is really useful. Sunbreakers? Not so much going for them there.

Sunbreakers have the best super in PvP gameplay bar-none. I won't dispute that. But they don't ruin the game and they aren't insurmountable. You guys cry and moan so much in here you'd think you couldn't actually just make a Sunbreaker and level them to 40 in two days.

That's because the Titan has a very meh non-super game. The Titan gets about 30 seconds of pure awesomeness per game.

I'll admit, I see people's point of view on the super being pretty hard to kill. I'd say it only needs a small tweak to damage reduction.

Warlock main btw.

Thank you for speaking sense.

maomaoIYP

As soon as Bungie gives us more custom emote slots, I'll be buying most of them. Sucks only having it mapped to the left.

Yeah I could use more slots for emotes. I was only going to buy emotes with the free silver, but Bungie gave me the free dance pack and now I'm hooked onto the Carlton, just because of how silly and happy it looks.

Just had my first encounter in IB with a team of 6 with 2 of them doing the NS-glitch.

Too bad us randoms won.
I don't really feel it helps all that much to be honest. Or at least I haven't noticed a difference with it in terms of winning. If your good or with a good group you're gonna win anyway.

It's defiantly easy mode for pve.

Warlock main btw.

Nah, the whole hammer subclass rocks. The grenades have a chance to return health and has a dot tick, the melee catches them on fire and all it takes is a quick hip fire to finish them and also can return health. Plus hammer time, and red death...whoo,so much fun.

MrDaravon

I don't really feel it helps all that much to be honest. Or at least I haven't noticed a difference with it in terms of winning. If your good or with a good group you're gonna win anyway.

It's defiantly easy mode for pve.

In my limited experience it's mostly been an issue with groups where they have 2-3 people doing it and the rest running hammerbro. With any sort of coordination it's ridiculous. If it's one or two random people it's super annoying but not nearly as deadly.

In my limited experience it's mostly been an issue with groups where they have 2-3 people doing it and the rest running hammerbro. With any sort of coordination it's ridiculous. If it's one or two random people it's super annoying but not nearly as deadly.
Yeah. Surprisingly I haven't run into anyone doing this yet. Tho I haven't played by myself yet.

Any recommendations for vendor weapons? I'm sitting at 197 marks. I'm thinking of buying Red Death if nothing else is worth it.

Already have a Hawksaw with Perfect Balance, Zen Moment, and Rifled Barrel, as well as a Suros DIS-47 with High Caliber Rounds, Counter-Balance, and Hand-Laid Stock/Single Point Sling

Did I say defenders were better? I didn't. The point I was making is that the balance is nowhere near as fucked up as you guys make it sound in this thread. I mean look at the title alone—it's like a battered wives support group in here.

Defenders with No Backup Plans can win more firefights where supers aren't being used because shotgun kills grant shield barriers. Winning Crucible is done in standard fire fights. Whoever is better at positioning, picking fights, getting head shots will win. Sunbreakers have no real abilities that make them good in normal fights. Throwing Knives, Smoke, invisibility, for example are all useful. Shield barrier on Shotgun kills is really useful. Sunbreakers? Not so much going for them there.

Sunbreakers have the best super in PvP gameplay bar-none. I won't dispute that. But they don't ruin the game and they aren't insurmountable. You guys cry and moan so much in here you'd think you couldn't actually just make a Sunbreaker and level them to 40 in two days.

You know, the thing is supers decide the match 90% of the time. Because either they snowball into more supers or they dont let you cap zones or they just go on 10 kill spree because of it. Supers make or break the majority of the matches. And when you are going against a team that has 3 sunbreakers and you hear the anvil sound every minute that goes by its just not fun. At all. Constantly being nuked by a highly mobile tank that regens health is not fun.

colinp

Banned
lol it is such a nonanswer it's ridiculous, weapon parts are a progression stopgap. "makes weapons more valuable" LOL if anything it makes us not want to even bother(definitely me) I remember in the HOW DLC it would be weeks before I got enough parts to fully upgrade an exotic it's not fun at all bungie let us buy weapon parts, it completely takes the fun part out of getting a new weapon only to realize you have to grind 5 hours to get enough weapon parts to fully upgraded it, at least the drop rate for engrams is a lot higher but it's still dumb....they better look into it smh...
Hell make one strange coin be five weapon parts. fixed...

That's too expensive, but i agree with everything else.

When I get weapon engrams now (and that in and of itself is rare compared with armor) I hope they are useless so I don't have to worry or feel guilty about dismantling them. That's crazy.

GorillaJu

Nah, the whole hammer subclass rocks. The grenades have a chance to return health and has a dot tick, the melee catches then on fire and all it takes is a quick hip fire to finish them and also can return health. Plus hammer time, and red death...whoo,so much fun.

Warlocks have energy drain melee, and unless something changed since I last played 16 hours ago, Red Death is not a class-specific gun.

MrDaravon

Yeah. Surprisingly I haven't run into anyone doing this yet. Tho I haven't played by myself yet.

In the few matches I played solo I was seeing it almost every game. When I ran with a full GAF IB train last night I don't think I saw it once. I swear whenever I play IB solo it matches me against full groups and vice versa, their matchmaking makes no sense.

Strider

Holy shit I was just joking.

Yesterday I was called a member of the Sunbreaker defense force. Today I'm crying and moaning about them too much.

This thread yo

GorillaJu

You know, the thing is supers decide the match 90% of the time. Because either they snowball into more supers or they dont let you cap zones or they just go on 10 kill spree because of it. Supers make or break the majority of the matches. And when you are going against a team that has 3 sunbreakers and you hear the anvil sound every minute that goes by its just not fun. At all. Constantly being nuked by a highly mobile tank that regens health is not fun.

This just runs counter to my experience. There are moments where a super will get you 4-5 kills because the enemy grouped up stupidly or refused to run, but 90% of games are determined by superior gun-handling and positioning.

I fine Stormcallers more annoying. They're grenade is easy mode.

They are way more easy to kill if they are coming towards you at least. They just slowly go with their hands stretched out giving you a chance for a sniper headshot. As soon as your screen is all messed up though, youarealreadydead.png

Ehhh supers play a huge part in PvP. They can change the entire map flow. Wipe entire teams. Clear control points.

Sunbreaker has the advantage of a golden gun + AoE super. And insane Heath.
It's not impossible to kill them. Killed a few tonight, but they can be......troublesome.

I can't for the life of me kill Stormcallers tho. Fucking warlocks. ☔️

They are way more easy to kill if they are coming towards you at least. They just slowly go with their hands stretched out giving you a chance for a sniper headshot. As soon as your screen is all messed up though, youarealreadydead.png
I'm just unlucky with them.
*turns corner and electrocuted*

Their melee is bullshit.

Kyoufu

Ehhh supers play a huge part in PvP. They can change the entire map flow. Wipe entire teams. Clear control points.

Sunbreaker has the advantage of a golden gun + AoE super. And insane Heath.
It's not impossible to kill them. Killed a few tonight, but they can be......troublesome.

I can't for the life of me kill Stormcallers tho. Fucking warlocks. ☔️

Yeah I find Stormcallers far worse to deal with personally even though they technically shouldn't be as tough as a Sunbreaker, they somehow wreck my face.

Warlocks have energy drain melee, and unless something changed since I last played 16 hours ago, Red Death is not a class-specific gun.

I was responding to someone saying that a hammer bro is only awesome for 30 seconds. I contest that it's awesome all of the time. More awesome than your Warlock, maybe not, but on par for sure.

This just runs counter to my experience. There are moments where a super will get you 4-5 kills because the enemy grouped up stupidly or refused to run, but 90% of games are determined by superior gun-handling and positioning.

Anyway different views, i see no point in discussing further.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Any recommendations for vendor weapons? I'm sitting at 197 marks. I'm thinking of buying Red Death if nothing else is worth it.

Already have a Hawksaw with Perfect Balance, Zen Moment, and Rifled Barrel, as well as a Suros DIS-47 with High Caliber Rounds, Counter-Balance, and Hand-Laid Stock/Single Point Sling

If you don't have a Red Death yet you should get a Red Death.
No regerts!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I find Stormcallers far worse to deal with personally even though they technically shouldn't be as tough as a Sunbreaker, they somehow wreck my face.

Stormcallers are sort of like an auto rife I think. Move backwards, aim for the head and it's a dps race. If they started first you won't be able to take them down but if you get the first hit in you'll get them.

The only point I was making is that Sunbreakers are extremely hard to kill during their super.

When a couple of titans get going with a super train, it becomes very difficult to tilt the balance back in your team's favor.

It is unbalanced, arguably of course, in the current meta.

GhaleonEB

"Weapon parts were too complicated so as to not encumber your brain we decided to lower the amount you get."

I think aiming for having all materials and currencies be valuable is a good goal. What I don't understand is why they locked on to weapon parts rather than planetary mats and glimmer, which we're drowning in. (I've never dipped below 20k glimmer since TTK came out; going on a synth buying spree tonight.) Just odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom