• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Ehhh supers play a huge part in PvP. They can change the entire map flow. Wipe entire teams. Clear control points.

Sunbreaker has the advantage of a golden gun + AoE super. And insane Heath.
It's not impossible to kill them. Killed a few tonight, but they can be......troublesome.

I can't for the life of me kill Stormcallers tho. Fucking warlocks. ☔️

I'm just unlucky with them.
*turns corner and electrocuted*

Their melee is bullshit.

Yeah I am understating the value of supers a little. They can change things quite a bit, but they don't make games impossible to lose and Sunbreaker super is one that's fairly easy to run from.

I generally have the most trouble with Hunters. Gunslinger and the new subclass whose name I always forget despite having one maxed out. For Warlocks, Sunsingers give me the most trouble.

Namikaze1

My knife saving me from all kinds of trouble.

yE5oYg.gif

v9alaZ.gif

Supers can definitely swing the tide of a game. Well timed supers can nullify/deny Heavy use. Chained supers put a team in a points hole in a major way and Supers in a tight game can snatch a win from defeats doorstep.

All supers can do these things. It's just that Sunbreakers supers are the most efficient due to the fact that they're mobile, tracking, have a generous time/amount, and can regen health.

Grieves is the best emote ever.

Armor on the mind? I saw it before the edit. :p

sephi22

King's Fall. We go if 6. I'll do Marks grinding till then.

1. sephi22
2. lightsaberut
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??

PSN is same as my tag here

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I think aiming for having all materials and currencies be valuable is a good goal. What I don't understand is why they locked on to weapon parts rather than planetary mats and glimmer, which we're drowning in. (I've never dipped below 20k glimmer since TTK came out; going on a synth buying spree tonight.) Just odd.

I feel like the weapons part nerf falls into the false idea that guns in this game are 'balanced' in any way. If guns were balanced then I could see how having less options might make it seem like the one you have is more 'valuable' but that's not the case. Most guns are just better or worse than others. The focus on PvP at this time also exaggerates it a little at this time. This is one reason the weapons part nerf hurts so hard, having the right weapon makes a huge difference and you can't make the other weapons more 'valuable' just by making the good ones harder to get and level.

However what frustrates me the most with this idea that sticking you with whatever the RNG gods blessed making them more 'valuable' is that comes at the cost of being able to try out different playstyles and diverse setting which is much more fun.

My biggest disappointment in post TTK patches is that they are actively making diverse setups harder to get. The 3oC nerf, strange coins nerf, weapon parts nerf all feed into having less options available for each player. I don't really think this makes any player 'vaule' whatever RNG gave them more. It's just frustrating and creates a capability gap because of the inherent gun imbalance I mentioned before.

When TTK launched I had hoped that collecting and creating diverse loadouts might be the endgame focus now. The game has enough content that just getting one of everything and leveling it up to be useful will keep players busy for a long time. I would prefer to see things like kiosks for unique legendary weapons made available and having the tools to build up your own collection you can value and look back on. Give players easy options to collect and level many weapons and they might create more diverse loadouts than we're seeing under forced scarcity which promotes a laser focus on weapons the community has already deemed useful. Most people now simply won't be able to try out anything new without grinding they don't have time for.

Unfortunately the focus has been on decreasing player options and a much higher reliance on RNG, thae adding 'value' to that RNG by removing other options. I don't think it's interesting for the player or needed now the game has grown.

Namikaze1

So far I'm liking the IB Pulse Rifle. But I need Messenger 2.0. None of the Pulse Rifles, including Baby Blue, has clicked with me the way Messenger has.

So far I'm liking the IB Pulse Rifle. But I need Messenger 2.0. None of the Pulse Rifles, including Baby Blue, has clicked with me the way Messenger has.

There is no Messenger 2.0. The database got updated and the new trials pulse is not in the same impact tier. All you can do is pray to RNGesus for a god roll Spare Change.

SonComet

There is no Messenger 2.0. The database got updated and the new trials pulse is not in the same impact tier. All you can do is pray to RNGesus for a god roll Spare Change.
This is terrible news. Any IB trains have a spot? Just started tonight and solo is painful. PSN SonComet.

Namikaze1

I know there's no Messenger 2.0. When I say I want a Messenger 2.0, I'm talking about a year 2 PR with the same values as the old Messenger.

maomaoIYP

The closest I've seen was that video of the fastest reload ever. That dude's spare change had hand laid stock.

Bogeypop

Spindle Group #21(?) Complete. hillsighed and Nuova are next. Reminder to send me a PM to get on the Waiting List for Black Spindle help.

Further reminder not to use Nightstalker glitch while I'm helping you or I'll boot you from the Fireteam.

PSA: If you send me a PM via mobile please put something in the Subject Line/Title otherwise your message won't get sent for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom