• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

Surprised no one talks about that gun.

Is it actually good? I use it in PvE and it's sick, but the one time I tried in Crucible I got wrecked.

Mine's got Fitted Stock and Counterbalance, so I thought it'd be a laser like the Stranger's Rifle or Messenger, but it has a bit of lateral kick

zewone

I don't get why people are happy Trials got delayed?

It's every weekend, so if you didn't want to play this weekend because you have a slim chance of being cheated, then wait until its patched to play.

There is zero benefit to delaying it for normal players.

It's every weekend, so if you didn't want to play this weekend because you have a slim chance of being cheated, then wait until its patched to play.

Didn't they delay it because of the exploit/abusers?

No thorns in this IB. 🌹

Because cheaters shouldn't be rewarded.
I find it funny you think it would be a slim chance. Remember the other Hunter super glitch? Didn't take long for everyone to do it.

zewone

Didn't they delay it because of the exploit/abusers?
Yes.

So they're worried that cheaters could possibly get elemental primaries?

Cheaters have been doing that since Atheon and solar nades..

It's highly likely you wouldn't have run into a Nightstalkers cheater and even if you did, its not that practical of an exploit. Easily be killed going into your menu.

Unstable

The Nightstalker glitch is game breaking and very easy to executive. To say it would be a slim chance to run into a cheater in Trials (a ultra competitive mode that you are required to win in) is being naive.

Bungie made the right call.

Yes.

It's highly likely you wouldn't have run into a Nightstalkers cheater and even if you did, its not that practical of an exploit. Easily be killed going into your menu.
I've seen youtube videos of people rocking that exploit with no problem at all, taking out groups at a time. And it doesn't matter if I would run into them. It's the other way around that is important---the exploiters would be getting rewards for their cheating. Fuck 'em. I can wait patiently to ensure they can't cheat their way through trials.

But dat just my two cents.

They havent actually said that trials will be back on a weekly schedule. They have been vague about that. Some folks are thinking its gonna be a bi weekly thing.

shanafan

9KPwTjS.png

LOL.. dude comes in, gets one capture and no kills, but walks away with a legendary engram.

zewone

The Nightstalker glitch is game breaking and very easy to executive. To say it would be a slim chance to run into a cheater in Trials (a ultra competitive mode that you are required to win in) is being naive.

Is IB not competitive? Because I've seen it once and the guy got killed instantly in all the matches I've played.

I'd rather be cheated than have Trials delayed.

They should've pushed out a patch in a day like they did sunbreakers

Launching at the exact time I'd predicted ;_; Sorry dude, that really sucks. At least it will be on super farm status by the time you get back, although I know you said you were bringing your PS4. Think you'll be able to log much Destiny time?

PS4, yes. Will I have time and a stable internet connection, not sure.

I'm leaving 12 hours after next weekly reset, so at least will be able to get my 3x normal raids done.

Yes.

Cheaters would be all over and in 3v3 i think that the glitch/cheat would work pretty well, if they get two kills then it takes only 0.2 seconds to pop into the menu and keep their super, even if they die in the menu their team can then clean up in a 2v1 and they have the super again next round. Also you can just equip the Predator Perk and leave a dozen shadowshot traps all around the map easily using the cheat.

I think it's less an issue of the loot that the cheaters might get and more of how frustrating it would for legitimate players to run up against a team of cheaters when you are at 8-0. Bungie can always look at the data later and swing a ban hammer and remove the gear, like they did for other trials cheats, but they can't fix the hurt feelings of players who had to fight cheaters while going to the lighthouse.

Is IB not competitive? Because I've seen it once and the guy got killed instantly in all the matches I've played.

Im gonna say that you are in a minority or dont actually know how frustating it would be to lose in trials at 8-0 to a shadowshot glitcher.

Yes.

Obviously Banner is nothing like Trials but the cheaters have been swarming all over IB. Every third match there'd be someone doing it, some more successfully than others. It's actually extremely practical to do, literally just double tap Options as fast as possible. You don't have to wait for the menu to load. And if you die while doing it you'll still have your super on respawn and able to keep glitching it.

R0ckman

I've seen youtube videos of people rocking that exploit with no problem at all, taking out groups at a time. And it doesn't matter if I would run into them. It's the other way around that is important---the exploiters would be getting rewards for their cheating. Fuck 'em. I can wait patiently to ensure they can't cheat their way through trials.

But dat just my two cents.

Eh, don't really care what others do, the pvp balance is such a cluster**** already... Sometimes its hard to give a damn even about stuff like this.

border

298 Hunter looking for a Spindle Run on PS4.

Also need the Arc Exotic Sword quest.

Let me know if you are down for either.

I will be ready to go in a few minutes.

Don't see them as often as thorns in their prime honestly.

I didn't play House of Wolves that much so I didn't see Thorn at its height of popularity tbh. Playing IB see least 4 people minimum out of 12 people per game (including me idgaf) are running Red Dizzle. Once they're more easily attainable I see that number going up.

I liked it before it was cool

Unstable

I'm not quite sure you understand the true nature of the glitch. It's a infinite super bug, it's not able to be countered in any way. Imagine you're on your 8th game of 9, and running into a group doing this, your chances of winning are very slim. How's that fun?

I didn't play House of Wolves that much which is when it was at its worst I imagine. Now I see least 4 people minimum out of 12 people per game (including me idgaf) are running it running Red Dizzle. Once they're more easily attainable I see that number going up.

I liked it before it was cool

Thorn was literally unbearable. You had your screen green the whole match. Every scrub used it. The pros (lol) used TLW.

I've seen the shadowshot glitch enough in IB to know it will be abused in trials. We're talking about the most competitive game mode here where people actually lagswitched just to win, nobody does that in IB.

I'd rather they fix it(and slightly tone down sunbreaker super but that isn't going to happen).

Takuan

298 Hunter looking for a Spindle Run on PS4.

Also need the Arc Exotic Sword quest.

Let me know if you are down for either.

I will be ready to go in a few minutes.
You do it before? I don't mind a few more attempts. Didn't even get there the first time, haha.

Oh, feel free to do the sword instead if you'd rather. I can always wait til the next spindle day.

Eh, don't really care what others do, the pvp balance is such a cluster**** already... Sometimes its hard to give a damn even about stuff like this.
I understand completely. I've raged a good amount in past because of the PvP balance feeling so shit. And I honestly think that's why this exploit pisses me off so much. There are people out there who are making the PvP go from not-so-great/shit (depending on point of view) to absolute garbage. And they're doing it against players. Other people. Who are just trying to have a good time and get through IB. Or Trials. It's just a shitty situation all around.

zewone

I'm not quite sure you understand the true nature of the glitch. It's a infinite super bug, it's not able to be countered in any way. Imagine you're on your 8th game of 9, and running into a group doing this, your chances of winning are very slim. How's that fun?
Like I said, I've run into it. I get it. It's not that great. NS are easily killed.

I'd rather have a chance at 9-0 vs no Trials.

My two cents.

so a bajillion hammers vs infinite shadowshots. which is more game breaking?

unstoppable force or immovable object?

Shadowshot, not even close. Did anybody here use mega-hammers? You can't aim and can barely move around, plus it's guaranteed to run out. It was extremely limited in PvP although super fun in PvE. Infinite shadow shots are infinite, can cover all geometry in tethers, and can chain orbs to teammates to give them supers. There's no comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom