• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trials delayed was the right call. Hardmode already? Too soon IMHO. I can only get to 307 on my Titan and Warlock. My hunter is 305.

Rank 4 with my Titan. Got everything except the PR now. Will hit 5 easily tomorrow and start on my Warlock for boots and bond.

Night DGAF.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One exploit had a timer and the other is infinite.

They were both broken, but infinite tether is way more broken.
With coordination infinite shadowshots can facilitate virtually infinite hammers in addition to whatever direct damage it does. There's no comparison.

At least for IB it's not necessary to be 300+, I ran with a friend who was light 260, using an unleveled 290 hawkmoon, and he still topped/near-topped the K/D and score in several of our games against mostly LL 300 players. Things might be different in ToO but I'm guessing it will probably use the same power curve as Iron Banner?

by necessary i just meant that it actually matters, and anyone with light above you will have a built-in advantage. the whole system doesn't make sense.

what they should do is make rewards in iron banner much tougher to get (hard bounties, rewards based on being the best players in a game, etc), but then have them give out 300-310 light items. that would let people prepare for trials using pvp.

IB is just such a pointless waste of time right now for average low level legendary gear, and if you're facing teams at 315-320 in trials, nobody is going to want to play with somebody at 295-300.

GorillaJu

I haven't used Nirwen's Mercy but I believe it's the same ROF and Impact as 55A-Allfate. Red Death is also based on the Allfate archetype but has the ability to two-burst kill because of Aggressive Ballistics boosting the damage to a 34 headshot instead of the 32 headshot that Nirwen's Mercy or 55A-Allfate will do.

If that linked table from reddit is still accurate (I know patch 2.0 slightly improved ROF on Allfate archetype, not sure if it's before or after), then Nirwen's Mercy has a 0.97second TTK unless you face a Hunter who has put all their skill points into recovery and agility. I still want it though since I really loved 100% stability Allfate back in HoW days. The overall TTK is higher but it's a very solid kill with 3 bursts even if you only land 1/9 headshots.

Thanks, this is really useful info.

I do understand that mentality, but, from a purely competitive angle, I have a great deal of respect for Bungie calling it off. I fully expected them to give some fluffy response to the glitch and have Trials continue as planned, that would've been the easy decision. Bungie chose the hard one.

For sure, they made the right call for the community-at-large. I agree with their decision but it still pisses me off that we can't play Trials in 4hr 45min and go check out new Lighthouse secrets. Purely selfish motivations :p

todd360

I do understand that mentality, but, from a purely competitive angle, I have a great deal of respect for Bungie calling it off. I fully expected them to give some fluffy response to the glitch and have Trials continue as planned, that would've been the easy decision. Bungie chose the hard one.

I agree. Calling it off was the right choice and the right choice isn't always easy.

A part of me still wishes that it wasn't canceled though. Insurmountable odds give me a rush. I can feel myself improve in these situations. Winning after being beaten to the ground countless times is an amazing feeling. Guardians make their own fate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nirwen's Mercy seems like I'd love it. The Allfate was one of my favorite weapons ever and while I'm really enjoying my home-grown Apple of Discord, the Hakke pulse rifles feel totally different to me and I like to mix it up.

Now whether or not I can will myself to jump into IB for a while tonight or not... I will rage so hard any and every time I see a cheater

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For sure, they made the right call for the community-at-large. I agree with their decision but it still pisses me off that we can't play Trials in 4hr 45min and go check out new Lighthouse secrets. Purely selfish motivations :p

I agree. Calling it off was the right choice and the right choice isn't always easy.

A part of me still wishes that it wasn't canceled though. Insurmountable odds give me a rush. I can feel myself improve in these situations. Winning after being beaten to the ground countless times is an amazing feeling. Guardians make their own fate.
Yeah I totally agree. Would have been fun to run salt-generating anti-cheat parties. But I hate the idea of up-and-comers being like "welp, I guess this is what Trials is like" and never touching it again because of people who can't resist being dicks.

Strider

Lockout most overrated map ever.

Come at me.

Dust II. Now that's a fuckin map.

But seriously with dynamic weapon spawns Lockout is shit

Yea it feels so good to beat cheaters or scumbags, expecially in Trials. I definitely like playing against toughest competition to improve as well. But yea, another day.

So I just looked at the database and apparently the adept versions of trials weapons are

1. Non-elemental
2. As a replacement have Last Resort built in

just lol

They do get a black paint job though

by necessary i just meant that it actually matters, and anyone with light above you will have a built-in advantage. the whole system doesn't make sense.

what they should do is make rewards in iron banner much tougher to get (hard bounties, rewards based on being the best players in a game, etc), but then have them give out 300-310 light items. that would let people prepare for trials using pvp.

IB is just such a pointless waste of time right now for average low level legendary gear, and if you're facing teams at 315-320 in trials, nobody is going to want to play with somebody at 295-300.

Yea I do see what you are saying, in HoW days Iron Banner allowed you to get to the highest level using Etheric Light. Bungie seems undecided about whether to make IB gear equal to raid gear or not, I remember Vanilla IB only gave Level 29 armor but at some point I think that they offered Level 32 gear through IB during the end of the TDB period, when Level 32 was also the max from raid gear.

I guess how bungie sees this game is that everyone should be playing both PvE and PvP so it's not unfair to require people to play some raid to get the absolute best gear levels. This fits in with their bounty systems that force people to play both modes to get exotics (chaperone quest, sword quest, thorn bounty in Vanilla, etc.) Also when the original Iron Banner made level nearly meaningless people rose up and complained and wanted their achievements in the raid to make them more powerful than others, and bungie listened to those players and modified the power curve.

I do suspect that it will be quite possible for a 295 light player to face off against a 315 in Trials and still win, though. There's probably a few scenarios that will be excluded (no 2 burst headshot kill from Red Death since that's only 3-4 HP away from not killing in unleveled play) but a lot of guns may still work just as well as they normally do and kill in the same number of shots. I didn't run into many issues playing the original Trials as a level 32 against level 34s.

I loved Zanzibar so much! Ahh the old days of Halo... Such good. Such such good.

On that note, whoever is getting 5 should add me. I'm pretty excited for it!

Afrocious

this lockout hate ITT

to6goX2.gif

i dunno it's been a while. i know i never complained about getting the map.

hawkian's right about zanzibar though. turf was cool too.

i enjoyed ivory tower

Bungie seems undecided about whether to make IB gear equal to raid gear or not, I remember Vanilla IB only gave Level 29 armor

The very last vanilla IB gave Light 30 armor. A lot of people ranked up for the boots so they could leave the #Forever29 club. ~One week later TDB launched and sold Light 33 armor in the Tower. Whoops.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Got a Lyudmila-D as a rank up drop with rangefinder and headseeker, any good?

also yeah seriously, hwo the fuck did bungie screw up on remaking lockout? IIRC it was in Halo 3 or something

sightlines changed (the most difficult thing when it comes to remaking maps)
geometry changed with the theme, so that affected some jumps
the engine changed, so that alone changed how it played
they blocked library window. smh

What's the best year 2 pulse rifle in the current meta?

I already have juju and red death

Red Death is the best in my opinion.

I see some people talking up Bad JuJu on crucible playbook but I never see anyone using it in Iron Banner. I got a Y2 Juju but haven't bothered leveling it. Hawksaw is the Bad juju archetype and I've been gunned down by quite a few of those though, so if you have a good stability roll on a hawksaw you might want to take that for a spin too and see if you like it better than the Juju.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom