• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

You do it before? I don't mind a few more attempts. Didn't even get there the first time, haha.

Oh, feel free to do the sword instead if you'd rather. I can always wait til the next spindle day.
I will try the sword now -- I may be up for the spindle later

Shadowshot, not even close. Did anybody here use mega-hammers? You can't aim and can barely move around, plus it's guaranteed to run out. It was extremely limited in PvP although super fun in PvE. Infinite shadow shots are infinite, can cover all geometry in tethers, and can chain orbs to teammates to give them supers. There's no comparison.

Lord Drizzay has spoken. Couldn't agree with you more.

How is banner anything like Trials? It's not even close.

It's really not. Banner is a barely more competitive version of regular Control where a loss is equal to 80% of a win. No other mode compares to Trials because it's the only place where the stakes are raised so losses really matter.

Fwiw I was super bummed they canceled Trials. I don't care about the cheaters, I wanted to play and beat them. I also don't care if some sleazy strangers get undeserved loot. I'd rather get loot for myself than have no chance at all.

I've seen the shadowshot glitch enough in IB to know it will be abused in trials. We're talking about the most competitive game mode here where people actually lagswitched just to win.

I'd rather they fix it(and slightly tone down sunbreaker super but that isn't going to happen).

How does lagswitch even work btw? What do people do that lets them be dancing the whole match and not taking any damage even if you shoot at them for 5 minutes? How does the netcode allow that? I mean its not delayed because he would eventually take damage since he is still. Legit lagswitchers are literally invincible. But they can damage you. My head hurts.

Need one more for my Black Spindle run with Ezenzer. Let him taste the awesomeness that is the Black Spindle as well.
No worries if there're no takers. My goal right now is almost exclusively focused on getting a Flayer cloak, anyway.

Just finished a Dust Palace run. TWO purps drop from the Void flayer. I'm all excited as hell, right? Both turned out to be primary engrams. ...but one of those decrypted into The Last Word, so I guess I can't complain too hard about RNGesus.

Edit: And I promptly grieved and cliff dived, as appropriate. That emote somehow makes things more bearable.

Thorn was literally unbearable. You had your screen green the whole match. Every scrub used it. The pros (lol) used TLW.

Thorn should have stayed a six shot gun. It was kind of balanced in its original awful state. The middle perk tree is one of the most god like for any weapon, had final round (because it had a small mag and you'd actually reach it) and at best you could only 2-tap 3 people before taking a lunch break to reload.

TLW was just too good before especially with the ADS glitch but now its gutter trash. All they needed to do was fix that bullshit and chip away at its ability to fan fire ADS in mid-range engagements. Now when you're not using it like a Havoc Pigeon you're getting beat by garbage auto rifles

Now all there is is Hawkmoon with its mysterious vanishing bullets. I been about that hand cannon life since they were garbage in the alpha. I thought those days were long gone.

Why, Luke? WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Is IB not competitive? Because I've seen it once and the guy got killed instantly in all the matches I've played.

I'd rather be cheated than have Trials delayed.

Even if you played all week long since IB released, assuming 10 min / match, that's ~400 matches. There probably have been 1 million matches including xbox. 400/1000000 is 0.04% and that's not a great sample size at all.

Regardless of the actual numbers, what you've seen is not even close to what's been done.

Infinite supers in any sense is the definition of game breaking.

People will do anything to win in Trials, anything. Look at Thorn and Final round snipers. And when everyone learned how OP blade dancers were with blink shotgun, that's where the majority of people went. All those OP things, many people would try to use to win

Fwiw I was super bummed they canceled Trials. I don't care about the cheaters, I wanted to play and beat them. I also don't care if some sleazy strangers get undeserved loot. I'd rather get loot for myself than have no chance at all.
But it wasn't canceled completely, right? I'm asking honestly because I haven't seen their announcement. It got delayed until next week? Or is it delayed until further notice? I never got a chance to play Trials (I skipped House of Wolves) so I'm pretty bummed too. But it gives me a good chance to take a break for a bit. I've been playing too much Destiny. Going to play something else less addictive for a bit, like League of Legends.

R0ckman

I understand completely. I've raged a good amount in past because of the PvP balance feeling so shit. And I honestly think that's why this exploit pisses me off so much. There are people out there who are making the PvP go from not-so-great/shit (depending on point of view) to absolute garbage. And they're doing it against players. Other people. Who are just trying to have a good time and get through IB. Or Trials. It's just a shitty situation all around.

I'm just making an hypothesis, but I belive a lot if the base problems with pvp like map design and even the non -clash modes being slightly bad for the average player to understand, comes from Bungie trying to make the pvp not like Halo multiplayer. Some of the modes just feel, unfinished.

I'm happy trials is delayed. It makes me happy knowing anyone who planned on using the NS glitch will have to earn their way to the Lighthouse a little more legitimately.

Does it come with counterbalance or perfect balance? The recoil on it is a little rough

Even with Counterbalance Lyudmila-D still isn't a messenger 2.0. The 4 shots per burst make it so that the burst takes longer to fire, and the way ROF is calculated means that the second burst's timing is determined based on the last bullet fired in the first burst. This increases the TTK to 0.8 seconds instead of .73 like on the Messenger or Spare Change.25.
I have a Counterbalance + Injection Mold Lyudmila and it’s just okay. I much prefer Herja or Red Death. Still have a second one on order at the gunsmith in case a Counterbalance + Hand Laid Stock roll appears.

I didn't play House of Wolves that much so I didn't see Thorn at its height of popularity tbh. Playing IB see least 4 people minimum out of 12 people per game (including me idgaf) are running Red Dizzle. Once they're more easily attainable I see that number going up.

I liked it before it was cool

Red Death was almost competitive with Thorn and TLW back in the day, it was the only thing I ever saw people run in (Xbox) trials besides those two guns although still less popular. Since it wasn't nerfed at all and Thorn and TLW are, I think it's going to rise to the top in ToO. The health regen on kill is just really good.

I'm just making an hypothesis, but I belive a lot if the base problems with pvp like map design and even the non -clash modes being slightly bad for the average player to understand, comes from Bungie trying to make the pvp not like Halo multiplayer. Some of the modes just feel, unfinished.
I've not thought about it much, but what you're saying feels right. Just going from my gut, I can't think of a single map that pops up in Destiny where I'm like "Aww hell yeah!" I don't know what they were going for, but when playing Gears, Halo, Call of Duty....there were always those maps that would pop-up and you'd get excited for. Maybe someday Destiny will have those too.

why are they trying to make iron banner and trials inaccessible to pvp players? with the light level being raised to 320 with the hard mode raid, people who are only light raiders (or people who don't raid at all) are going to be at a huge disadvantage.... in a pvp event. it doesn't make sense. i don't like that the stuff i got in the NM raid is being invalidated after like 2 weeks. it would be fine if being 310+ was only something necessary for hard mode, but it's not.

Does it come with counterbalance or perfect balance? The recoil on it is a little rough

No, just random rolls you can get from Gunsmith rank up packages or placing weapon orders if he sells it again.

I did get a roll w CBalance and Hand Laid Stock, CB is very important for smoothing out the recoil pattern.

But it wasn't canceled completely, right? I'm asking honestly because I haven't seen their announcement. It got delayed until next week? Or is it delayed until further notice? I never got a chance to play Trials (I skipped House of Wolves) so I'm pretty bummed too. But it gives me a good chance to take a break for a bit. I've been playing too much Destiny. Going to play something else less addictive for a bit, like League of Legends.

Delayed indefinitely. They didn't give any timeline for its return, but it's definitely not cancelled completely. It'll be back eventually, just don't know when.

And luckily, you'll have your way. We'll get trials. Just not this weekend :)

I'm just waiting for my Warlock exploit. Come on, Bungie! Break something!

You already had your exploits.

destiny_ram_skull_exotic_armor.jpg

I've not thought about it much, but what you're saying feels right. Just going from my gut, I can't think of a single map that pops up in Destiny where I'm like "Aww hell yeah!" I don't know what they were going for, but when playing Gears, Halo, Call of Duty....there were always those maps that would pop-up and you'd get excited for. Maybe someday Destiny will have those too.
Same. I like rusted lands for some reason.
People playing IB with me know of my map dislikes in this game. I can't help myself from saying "This map sucks" whenever a game starts.

why are they trying to make iron banner and trials inaccessible to pvp players? with the light level being raised to 320 with the hard mode raid, people who are only light raiders (or people who don't raid at all) are going to be at a huge disadvantage.... in a pvp event. it doesn't make sense. i don't like that the stuff i got in the NM raid is being invalidated after like 2 weeks. it would be fine if being 310+ was only something necessary for hard mode, but it's not.

At least for IB it's not necessary to be 300+, I ran with a friend who was light 260, using an unleveled 290 hawkmoon, and he still topped/near-topped the K/D and score in several of our games against mostly LL 300 players. Things might be different in ToO but I'm guessing it will probably use the same power curve as Iron Banner?

Unstable

I do understand that mentality, but, from a purely competitive angle, I have a great deal of respect for Bungie calling it off. I fully expected them to give some fluffy response to the glitch and have Trials continue as planned, that would've been the easy decision. Bungie chose the hard one.

GorillaJu

Even with Counterbalance Lyudmila-D still isn't a messenger 2.0. The 4 shots per burst make it so that the burst takes longer to fire, and the way ROF is calculated means that the second burst's timing is determined based on the last bullet fired in the first burst. This increases the TTK to 0.8 seconds instead of .73 like on the Messenger or Spare Change.25.
I have a Counterbalance + Injection Mold Lyudmila and it’s just okay. I much prefer Herja or Red Death. Still have a second one on order at the gunsmith in case a Counterbalance + Hand Laid Stock roll appears.

Red Death was almost competitive with Thorn and TLW back in the day, it was the only thing I ever saw people run in (Xbox) trials besides those two guns although still less popular. Since it wasn't nerfed at all and Thorn and TLW are, I think it's going to rise to the top in ToO. The health regen on kill is just really good.

Have you compared Nirwen's Mercy?

Same. I like rusted lands for some reason.
People playing IB with me know of my map dislikes in this game. I can't help myself from saying "This map sucks" whenever a game starts.

"This map sucks"
"This map sucks"
"This map sucks"
"Oh rusted lands i like this map"
"This map sucks"

Is that how it goes? :p

This is definitely how I felt until Taken King came out. There is one map in the game that I get this feeling and I think a lot of people would disagree with me. But the point still stands, PvP games are always better when you have maps that you thoroughly enjoy. Destiny doesn't have those maps.

I do understand that mentality, but, from a purely competitive angle, I have a great deal of respect for Bungie calling it off. I fully expected them to give some fluffy response to the glitch and have Trials continue as planned, that would've been the easy decision. Bungie chose the hard one.

But I want my jackal icon :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also you can just equip the Predator Perk and leave a dozen shadowshot traps all around the map easily using the cheat.
lol, fuck. yikes.

Anyway, this reddit post got it exactly right: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...gie_you_have_to_postpone_trials_of_osiris_if/

It isn't about whether or not any one of us as an individual would prefer to play ToO even with the exploit in the wild. For a huge number of players this weekend would have been their first exposure to the mode.

Have you compared Nirwen's Mercy?

I haven't used Nirwen's Mercy but I believe it's the same ROF and Impact as 55A-Allfate. Red Death is also based on the Allfate archetype but has the ability to two-burst kill because of Aggressive Ballistics boosting the damage to a 34 headshot instead of the 32 headshot that Nirwen's Mercy or 55A-Allfate will do.

If that linked table from reddit is still accurate (I know patch 2.0 slightly improved ROF on Allfate archetype, not sure if it's before or after), then Nirwen's Mercy has a 0.97second TTK unless you face a Hunter who has put all their skill points into recovery and agility. I still want it though since I really loved 100% stability Allfate back in HoW days. The overall TTK is higher but it's a very solid kill with 3 bursts even if you only land 1/9 headshots.

Afrocious

I actually got the top of the list in Iron Banner for once. I also placed in the top 3 a bunch today.

I don't like any of the guns in the game, but alternating between Bad Juju and Tlaloc helps out. Also, holding the B area seems to be the one thing to keep victory.

I wish my shot was better, but I think that'll come in time. I hope.

Outside of PvP, I finally got my exotic arc sword :). Now I got all three. Now to finish getting my Titan to 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom