• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

Took 4 matches just to get 1 kill while leading. Thanks matchmaking!

I was using a bow hunter legit (for quest) and felt terrible. Also void grenade kills will take awhile...

Afrocious

someone tell me how to use stormcaller grenades. they are made of ass and fail.

sunsinger with tlaloc >>>>> stormcaller

sunsinger at least has scorch

though stormcallers feeding each other orbs is a different story.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
tumblr_nu0hx2sxzi1rl04amo1_400.gif

Humblebrag total

Do you like its PR archetype? Can't imagine that would be a bad roll...

edit: Assuming you do, this should be you right now
pL0PqFp.gif

gonna have to find some junk to infuse now... :<

you're a sunsinger for life. embrace your fate. need to hear afro say "i'm up" everytime he dies.

Strider

I see some people talking up Bad JuJu on crucible playbook but I never see anyone using it in Iron Banner.

Not that many players are gonna spend 150 marks to buy a weapon they've already used in Y1 that's only useful in IB/trails (since you can still use your Y1 for regular crucible).

I guarantee you'll see it get use from some of the top players in trials though.

Avixph

Got a Lyudmila-D as a rank up drop with rangefinder and headseeker, any good?

It kicks up and to the left very HARD so if you're able to control the recoil it's great. Personally I don't really like it and mine has counterbalance which should fix the recoil but it still feels off. Hakke pulses and a lot of the the other taken king pulses have this problem.

Not that many players are gonna spend 150 marks to buy a weapon they've already used in Y1 that's only useful in IB/trails (since you can still use your Y1 for regular crucible).

I guarantee you'll see it from top players in trials though.

LIKE ME

Bad Juju is so damn good. On average I can super(Without ally orbs) 3-4 times in a match.

Red Death is the best in my opinion.

I see some people talking up Bad JuJu on crucible playbook but I never see anyone using it in Iron Banner. I got a Y2 Juju but haven't bothered leveling it. Hawksaw is the Bad juju archetype and I've been gunned down by quite a few of those though, so if you have a good stability roll on a hawksaw you might want to take that for a spin too and see if you like it better than the Juju.

Bad Juju is much easier to use than Red Death. The bursts all hit the same point whereas due to the rate of fire and recoil you have to aim slightly lower with Red Death to get the full burst on the head. As a 3 burst PR, Bad Juju just does it faster with the benefit of a free reload and damage buff for those rare multi-kills and some extra super.

The health regen of Red Death is great but as a package RD isn't that much better than Juju

phen0m24

So my brother started playing tonight. LOL

Got him up to level 5. It's funny hearing someone say "Oohh I got a shotgun!" for the first time.

:p

Afrocious

you're a sunsinger for life. embrace your fate. need to hear afro say "i'm up" everytime he dies.

i've revoked jesus power since i came back. i no longer run fireborn in pvp or pve.

mainly cause 1) i feel i get more benefit from other sunsinger specs and 2) i feel lots of 'locks use fireborn in pve as a crutch for their scrubiness

LordofPwn

Once you figure out the trick to storm grenade it's pretty awesome for control and choke points on small maps.

Nonoriri

It kicks up and to the left very HARD so if you're able to control the recoil it's great. Personally I don't really like it and mine has counterbalance which should fix the recoil but it still feels off. Hakke pulses and a lot of the the other taken king pulses have this problem.

Gonna play a few matches with it, I need something better than what I've been using in IB (310 Doom of Chelchis)

Damnit I can't comment on Nami's Grieving video hahahaha. The Xbox live feed is one thing they got going for them. It's like a social media for video games alone.

Still have a second one on order at the gunsmith in case a Counterbalance + Hand Laid Stock roll appears..

Lyudmila doesn't feel quite as snappy as Messenger but that 0.07 sec difference isn't super noticeable either. I've posted a few times about it, but I got one with CBalance, Headseeker, and Hand Laid Stock. Identical stats to Messenger except a little higher range, with vertical recoil. It's not exactly 2-tapping fools with 111 TLW glitch (lol) but it's still good.

I've never seen a Spare Change drop in Crucible since TTK, and I've played 529 matches since Sept 1 according to Destinytracker. Legendary drops are so rare nowadays. The odds are getting one with a legit perk roll seem hopeless.

Nonoriri

Need that Counter Balance. Recoil is wonky without it. Lyudmila has really high base range so I'm not sure how great Rangefinder is. I don't really understand what that perk does tbh.

I always wonder what perks that don't have a directly indicated stat increase do...

Ramirez

Got a Lyudmila-D as a rank up drop with rangefinder and headseeker, any good?

Yea, you won the game. Once you get the stability under control, it's a monster in PVP. I dunno about RF, but Headseeker is so good on PR. I have one with pretty lame perks and still do great with it.

I always wonder what perks that don't have a directly indicated stat increase do...

The TTK 2.0 patch notes say under "Shotguns" "Rangefinder perk adds a 10% base Range increase on zoom (was 20)". Presumably for other weapons Rangefinder is still a 20% range increase.

That said it's not clear to me if Rangefinder affects only the damage fall-off distance or if it also affects bullet magnetism/bloom (in the recent interview with Crucible Radio, Jon from bungie said the Range stat bar includes both falloff and 'accuracy').

Lol tell me about it. The other catch is that there are approximately 800 million hidden stats and perks buried in the displayed perks, barrels, scopes, weapon types. Range makes no sense by itself. Rangefinder? Gtfo w that.

How about Persistence? Or Rodeo? Bungie pls.

Lyudmila doesn't feel quite as snappy as Messenger but that 0.07 sec difference isn't super noticeable either. I've posted a few times about it, but I got one with CBalance, Headseeker, and Hand Laid Stock. Identical stats to Messenger except a little higher range, with vertical recoil. It's not exactly 2-tapping fools with 111 TLW glitch (lol) but it's still good.

I've never seen a Spare Change drop in Crucible since TTK, and I've played 529 matches since Sept 1 according to Destinytracker. Legendary drops are so rare nowadays. The odds are getting one with a legit perk roll seem hopeless.

Very fair points, I think I've seen one Spare Change drop but the overall drop rate in the crucible seems majorly nerfed (I guess Shaxx weekly NF bounties do offer a decent chance for 2/3 crucible legendaries a week, but that still doesn't bring it back to HoW levels).

If the Lyudmila is being used in Trials or IB it's not like it really has to measure up to the messenger or year 1 spare change anyway. 0.80 TTK is still very good compared to the 0.97 on Red Death if even one bullet isn't a headshot in the first two bursts. I have trouble controlling the recoil without Handlaid stock but I will definitely check it out again once I get a HLS+counterbalance roll.

Bogeypop

I have no more PMs from people wanting help obtaining their Black Spindle. Better speak up now or forever hold your peace.

PSA: If you send a PM via mobile, please put something in the Subject Line/Title otherwise your PM won't be sent for some strange reason.

Avixph

I think bungie was pretty smart to hold back twilight garrison and astrocyte verse. The complaints about blink shotgun and sunbreakers would have increased ten fold with those out in high numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom