• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogeypop

nice spindling with ye guys. wish I could stay awake for more but there's no way.

I'll pick up the slack if any crimes break out while you sleep, Robin! (Translation: I'll keep an eye out for anymore people needing Black Spindles until reset)

jzHvsLD.gif

k1t4j

400 points til Rank 5

How?

IB with these new changes is so hard to level up....

3 bounties a day is nothing and playing with randoms is so infuriating at times. out of 5 matches I win 1 maybe 2 if I am lucky.

I have been holding on to the weekly IB bounties since tuesday when I completed them (except the one where I still need to reach rank 4)

Before with the 5 bounties a day I usually was rank 4 about this time of the week, now I am 100 points of rank 2.......

Zocano

How?

IB with these new changes is so hard to level up....

3 bounties a day is nothing and playing with randoms is so infuriating at times. out of 5 matches I win 1 maybe 2 if I am lucky.

I have been holding on to the weekly IB bounties since tuesday when I completed them (except the one where I still need to reach rank 4)

Before with the 5 bounties a day I usually was rank 4 about this time of the week, now I am 100 points of rank 2.......

Win.

GlamFM

Banned
Now that we know that the LL cap is actually 320 I find the fact that they dropped the spindle down to 290 extra stupid.

Not that I care too much - mine is at 306 currently ;)

320 will be Oryx' level. So at last phase we'd need to be 320 to do optimal damage. I would imagine it being like

300 Totems

305 Warpriest

310 Golgi

315 Sisters

320 Oryx

330 Worm Our God

I'd like some official clarification on how being under levelled will effect us, due to shitty RNG my toons are 302, 302, 305. If i'm effectively locked out of HM because of that i'll be royally pissed

Damn, somethings wrong with the weapon packs from the Gunsmith.

I hade a sniper package that I wanted to save for next week to see if it had a better roll.

so I went to the gunsmith, to check em out, didnt like the roll so I clicked NOT NOW then went around tower, went back to the gunsmith and now the package will not come up again so I can see the rolls....

its there in my inventory but I cant see the rolls on it anymore. wtf.

TP-DK

I wasn't, and I'm sorry for giving that impression. I wanted to put the matter of whether it's a "cheat or a glitch" to bed quickly, and realized after I typed my sentence that the degree of semantic argument we're entertaining right now is pretty ridiculous. I replied about different "senses" of the word to explain how someone could use the word "cheat" and "glitch" to describe the same thing and have them both be perfectly accurate because of the way language relies heavily on context.

Well, that's balls-out ludicrous. Weapons and supers, if functioning as intended, are absolutely nothing like exploiting a glitch for an advantage over other players that are not exploiting that glitch.

I could be totally misreading this, but it seems like you're saying:

-A "fuck-up from Bungie" from your perspective, such as making a weapon you feel is too strong for the sake of balance
and
-A "fuck-up from Bungie" in the sense of an unintended bug in their game

Are the same thing? That seems way off to me.

That's a little weird actually. That still is both cheating and an exploit (again, "exploiting a glitch to cheat" completely describes that situation from my perspective), it's just more severe.

I meant that it's cheating in the colloquial sense: breaking the rules. Obviously, no one is supposed to be able to have infinite shadowshots. Regardless of how you get them, it's cheating. Turbo fire on a third-party controller is also cheating in the exact same sense. Less severe of course but we're just talking about a matter of degree.

When you made the distinction between a "glitch" and a "cheat" I actually assumed you meant that it wasn't a cheat in the way many gamers think of a cheat which is to say, something along the lines of a "cheat code." Like the old Konami code, Goldeneye's cheat menu or anything else that "lets you" break the rules I.e. something actually intended by the developers (or, a little more obscurely, accessed via runtime debug-type methods like a Game Genie) to provide an advantage to the player unrelated to any unintended bug in the game that might be exploited. I know this is what a lot of gamers consider a cheat versus an exploit, and why someone who was very familiar with the history of gaming might say that this isn't a "cheat."

But now it kind of sounds like you don't consider it cheating because it isn't bad enough.

I know this is a late reply (damn sleep).

First off, no harm done :)

What I meant with the comparison between the bug and op weapons, I didnt mean that the person using an op weapon is a dick for using it like the players doing shadowshot glitch are. But more that it breaks the game for me. The shadowshot ruins the pvp for me, but so did op Thorn and Tlw, and so does op Sunbreaker. They are not the same thing, but they all ruin the game for me.

My obscure meaning (and probably wrong meaning) of what cheating is, probably comes from english not being my native language. Back in the days we used the english word cheating, for when someone for example used wallhack in CS, but for something like glitches we used other words.

Im not sure if I even made any sense now, but I do think the shadowshot glitch is bad, and I have reported every single player Ive seen use it in pvp.

Love is over... All 3 Characters have completed Lost to Light when it was the Daily and no ship. :(

It will forever be my White Whale... White Whale?... Now there's a name for a ship

This actually brings up a question... if someone else were to have Party lead and they still had the daily... could a fireteam member who had already completed their daily get the loot?

I mean, I'm assuming it wouldn't lock them out from the mission.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm done for today. Thanks for the runs everyone. IB is only good without randoms.

^ID. I think they are still playing. Ask Zocano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom