• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldini

Just saw the weekly update.

So 320 it is...

Do we assume exotics can start to drop at 320 once we´re past 310?

How do you guys feel about that?

Hard Mode Crota all over again.

Enemies are tougher. Great. Just great. Another tedious and painful hardmode. How many players are 310 at the moment? Sure, there's alot right now ... but none of my friends are at 310. Most of them are stuck at 305 meaning they are 5 (or 15 even) light short of being able to put up a good fight.

I remember Bungie stating they created HM Oryx first. Wanna bet it's 90% the same as NM? Maybe throw in an extra Ogre or two at the end or have less Golgoroth "spheres" to shoot?

the_id

Anyone for a fresh raid? Me and a friend whose never done one is keen to do it. Don't like playing with LFG randoms.

Add me on psn: the_id

1. The_id
2. Chukydip_

Raybunny

GOOD MORNING GAF.

A shout out to all East Coast players. ( Might be sleeping thought)

I will be traveling to NJ / NY the 22 oct till the 10 Nov. And would need some advice regarding places to visit, places to eat, the foreseen weather and why not meeting up and have some beers.

If you care to share some info with me, would be grossly appreciated.

SkylineRKR

HM VoG remains best then. You could be on level for it and it was hard as nails for first timers and no cheesers.

Why can't Bungie replicate this? KF Heroic seems like another case of overleveling the opposition.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bought Red Death and got it to 306. Will be ready for IB later tonight. I was doing good with raid pulse rifle but I'm sick of losing to exotics.

I'll pick up the slack if any crimes break out while you sleep, Robin! (Translation: I'll keep an eye out for anymore people needing Black Spindles until reset)

Do you think you have one more spindle run in you? I just have a friend that's been trying to get one for a while.

According to what appeared in the website during 2.0 and before TTK, it should indeed be Heroic.

Hard is what they call heroic I believe. Unless they plan on adding yet another hard mode later..?

The different wording keeps throwing me off. Why not just stick to one adjective?
They never seem to use hard and heroic as synonyms in this regard, so I keep expecting the raid to have a third difficulty tier.

HM VoG remains best then. You could be on level for it and it was hard as nails for first timers and no cheesers.

Why can't Bungie replicate this? KF Heroic seems like another case of overleveling the opposition.

On what grounds is it overlevelled? VoG was still overlevelled for many people due to the forever 29 with no boots.

The different wording keeps throwing me off. Why not just stick to one adjective?
They never seem to use hard and heroic as synonyms in this regard, so I keep expecting the raid to have a third difficulty tier.

No they have changed hard to heroic now, the descriptions on Bungie.net for hard VoG and Crota were updated when 2.0 hit.

Raybunny

Bought Red Death and got it to 306. Will be ready for IB later tonight. I was doing good with raid pulse rifle but I'm sick of losing to exotics.

Good choice, the amount of times I am low health cause of a 1vs1 is quite high. But need a legendary version of the Truth....

On what grounds is it overlevelled? VoG was still overlevelled for many people due to the forever 29 with no boots.

Not so much overlevelled but having a higher gate compared to regular Kingsfall. When the majority of armor pieces are tied to Golgoroth, and when the shard loot can pull from anything(Including silly runes and more shards[?]), it's a silly way to really gate the content. Like, tying 3 armors to Golgoroth is stupid because not only do you have to hope that you don't just get shards from him, and not only do you have to hope that you get the piece you need, but you also have to hope that the piece you get is high enough level. It's 3 different gates tied to one boss. Type(Shoe/chest/arm), Level, and getting the appropriate type as well as level..

It's wholly possible to get 3 pieces at 300 light level, which is useless for hard mode, meaning that if you don't get lucky in getting that piece again at a higher light level, you're SOL.

hyp

so... that imprecation quest for the last curse. classic 6v6 totally the way to go. much less distractions and crossfire. just play until a close quarters map shows up and cash that shit in.

I just got reported for using the infinite supers glitch.

Playing as a stormcaller :/

Got called a "btch" too. That's the part that really stung before i blocked the fellow reporting me and sending me 6 messages during a match.

So anyone up for nightfall, void/solar exotic strike, or maybe some 34 PoE?

Enemies are tougher. Great. Just great. Another tedious and painful hardmode. How many players are 310 at the moment? Sure, there's alot right now ... but none of my friends are at 310. Most of them are stuck at 305 meaning they are 5 (or 15 even) light short of being able to put up a good fight.

I remember Bungie stating they created HM Oryx first. Wanna bet it's 90% the same as NM? Maybe throw in an extra Ogre or two at the end or have less Golgoroth "spheres" to shoot?

BWU says raid starts at 300 and ends at 320. So we should be able to do at least the first few encounters, hopefully get a few pieces of Harrowed raid gear to either use or infuse, and slowly get ready to take down Oryx again.

That said, I'm gonna wait at least a few weeks before tackling HM myself.

No they have changed hard to heroic now, the descriptions on Bungie.net for hard VoG and Crota were updated when 2.0 hit.

OK, but in the weekly update they called it Hard mode, several times. And in the Bungie.net Advisors section the hard mode of VoG and Crota is now "Difficult" (with the Heroic modifier). A little confusing, for me, at least, that's all.

Raybunny

I'm up to 7 clears now with no ghost in sight.

#forevernoghost

I was like that after my 6th run and then:

One little ghost 302 light
Chases 3 304 in sight
Followed by a 305
306 has nothing in mind
307 doesn't care
For 310 has all the flair!

#staystrong

Good choice, the amount of times I am low health cause of a 1vs1 is quite high. But need a legendary version of the Truth....

Truth is so far ahead of anything else its ridiculous, I could suffer vertigo if Bungie fixed the heavy ammo bug with the boots but seeing as that ruins our enjoyment I can't see it being fixed anytime soon. Add to that the amount of time it takes for the menu to load to switch from exotic primary to it, heavy ammo rounds are a pain in the arse

Acidote

How do you rank up IB so fast? I've done my daily bounties every day and I'm not even rank 3 yet. That's with emblem and shader, but no IB cloak. Two of my weeklies are done (and I'm missing the top overall score on the third) but I'm waiting to turn them in until later in the week.

TP-DK

I just got reported for using the infinite supers glitch.

Playing as a stormcaller :/

Got called a "btch" too. That's the part that really stung before i blocked the fellow reporting me and sending me 6 messages during a match.

So anyone up for nightfall, void/solar exotic strike, or maybe some 34 PoE?

You should report him on psn, Sony do not take shit talking lightly.

How do you rank up IB so fast? I've done my daily bounties every day and I'm not even rank 3 yet. That's with emblem and shader, but no IB cloak. Two of my weeklies are done (and I'm missing the top overall score on the third) but I'm waiting to turn them in until later in the week.

Use IB shaders, class item etc, complete bounties, WIN matches.

I have not played crazy amounts of IB since it arrived and I am at 4 and still have 2 weekly bounties to turn in for 1000 + rep" have not done so yet due to me being capped at 200 marks"

bitsurugi

Banner with randoms is great....

... for farming medallions and do bounties. Got one in literally 2 seconds after respawn, since was the classic match where everyone left and ppl kept going in and out ^^

But seriously, thx fot the IB trains yesterday, if we knew trials would have been postponed, i bet we could ''convince'' Unstable to keep going and maybe do a Guiness WR for longest IB train :)

Boosted main to 3 and something, alts to almost rank 3, with all weeklies yet to cash in on the weekend.

3x25x3 marks ftw! Have no clue what to do with those. Will also have 30 marks from heroics and 10 or 20 from mayhem rumble. Guess it's time to gamble.

About trials: part of me is sad they got postponed, since i was very eager to do them, part of me is relieved, since i had literally no RL whatsoever this week, doing IB, bounties, raids and stuff.

Not sure if they will be next week. Would be even harder to fit all in, since they will release HM on friday. One simply has no time to do HM learning+ trials on the same weekend. Bungie, don't do that :)

nOoblet16

Was there ever any doubt that it was going to be anything else other than over leveled enemies and possibly making a lot of enemies majors? One light level gets you 2.5% damage penalty, the game is built in a way that you can easily play it even if you are 10-13 light level under, 13 light level is equal to 1 level from pre TTK times. I am also pretty certain that most people would be around 310 by the time they get to Oryx due to the gear drops (since they will all be between 310-320). I started the raid when it came out as 280 but got to 290 by the time I reached Oryx for instance.

Another thing you have to keep in mind that the philosophy behind raids are that you keep repeating a part of it until you get enough gear to face the final parts of the raid, atleast that's how it is in MMOs and I can see evidence of it in Destiny too.

Imagine if it was simple from the get go to face the enemies, by the 2nd or 3rd week the encounters would become trivial once you get the gear, just look at how easy NM is now. With the current setup you get some life out of the HM atleast.

Not so much overlevelled but having a higher gate compared to regular Kingsfall. When the majority of armor pieces are tied to Golgoroth, and when the shard loot can pull from anything(Including silly runes and more shards[?]), it's a silly way to really gate the content. Like, tying 3 armors to Golgoroth is stupid because not only do you have to hope that you don't just get shards from him, and not only do you have to hope that you get the piece you need, but you also have to hope that the piece you get is high enough level. It's 3 different gates tied to one boss. Type(Shoe/chest/arm), Level, and getting the appropriate type as well as level..

It's wholly possible to get 3 pieces at 300 light level, which is useless for hard mode, meaning that if you don't get lucky in getting that piece again at a higher light level, you're SOL.

True, I was more just curious why they said KF heroic would be considered to be over leveling the enemies considering the negligible difference in Light now, plus the enemies being level 42 as opposed to us being 40 have no bearing whatsoever.

the_id

Anyone for a fresh raid? Me and a friend whose never done one is keen to do it. Don't like playing with LFG randoms.

Add me on psn: the_id

1. The_id
2. Chukydip_
Last edited by the_id; Today at 08:40 PM.

Widow's Court is the best map

379ch.gif
It's great :) except on trials..

Bogeypop

And now Spindle Sherpa has officially ended. Gonna get Rank 5 Iron Banner tomorro---... Zzz... On second though gonna Iron Banner on Saturday most likely. Friday is going to be a day off. Cya tomorrow DGAF gonna dream about playing Dragon Quest Heroes tomorrow... Zzzzzzz...

dca6FyF.jpg

And now Spindle Sherpa has officially ended. Gonna get Rank 5 Iron Banner tomorro---... Zzz... On second though gonna Iron Banner on Saturday most likely. Friday is going to be a day off. Cya tomorrow DGAF gonna dream about playing Dragon Quest Heroes tomorrow... Zzzzzzz...

dca6FyF.jpg
Nighty night, don't let the bed bugs bite...

I hate that saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom