• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just started getting back into Destiny. Bought TTK today and hit 40. Needless to say I haven't kept up with what the top of the line stuff is.

Is any of this stuff Xur has worth picking up this week or should I just save what I have (I'm a Titan).

GlamFM

Banned
New page but why no armour engram? I bet it was helmets and they removed it

Because

Aaaaaahhhhhh...
Because the world is round it turns me on
Because the world is round...aaaaaahhhhhh

Because the wind is high it blows my mind
Because the wind is high...aaaaaaaahhhh

Love is old, love is new
Love is all, love is you

Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry
Because the sky is blue...aaaaaaaahhhh

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh...
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh...
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh...

No helmets for you mike. I'm slowly trying to infuse my nighthawk over 300. At least I have another 310 exotic helmet, and gauntlets too. And 310 hereafter so nothing for me today.

Its driving me mad :d Hunter has the ugly ass raid helmet at 310 but my next highest is 293 so not worth infusing, Warlock is 291 as is my Titan

Needing a shard for the needles seems steep. If you buy an armor piece to get the shard that's like 6 coins a reroll. Meh. I get shards from 3oC but can see burning through a lot of them quickly chasing good rolls. Strange Coin nerf makes it more annoying.

colinp

Banned
Needing a shard for the needles seems steep. If you buy an armor piece to get the shard that's like 6 coins a reroll. Meh. I get shards from 3oC but can see burning through a lot of them quickly chasing good rolls.

Yeah that makes me think twice about using them. I guess in the long run it probably won't be a big issue but in the immediate I kinda don't wanna use shards on it right now.

maomaoIYP

New page but why no armour engram? I bet it was helmets and they removed it

Xur randomly sells either a weapon or armor engram, this one was of the changes with TTK.
Glass needles costing an exotic shard is kind of costly imo. I only have about 40 shards, and I can't afford rerolling for god tier rolls. I'm not sure what should be a good strategy for dealing with exotics. Right now I only infuse my exotic if I have a god roll. If not I wait for a 310 drop, it's not really worth pumping shards and marks into an armor piece with bad rolls.

Gordon

Xur randomly sells either a weapon or armor engram, this one was of the changes with TTK.
Glass needles costing an exotic shard is kind of costly imo. I only have about 40 shards, and I can't afford rerolling for god tier rolls. I'm not sure what should be a good strategy for dealing with exotics. Right now I only infuse my exotic if I have a god roll. If not I wait for a 310 drop, it's not really worth pumping shards and marks into an armor piece with bad rolls.
Even bad grasps are good grasps. (of course mine went from FR/MG to Shotty/RL, so I can't really talk about bad grasps lol)

As much as i want hereafter i know it will drop when i buy it, and it is steep on price so 3oC and needles it is.
Now bungie, let me reforge legendary items please..

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

We all know this will be the case

He'll have the best things he's ever sold, 3oC, and that's all that matters. The things that make running strikes and missions worth it. Apart from KF and VoG, I haven't had as much fun with this game as I've had running Dailies and Strikes with that extra chance of getting 310 exotics. 3oC is the best.

Helmets - Inverse shadow, better already.
Gloves - Sniper/shotgun reload (depending on playstyle), increase melee attack speed.
Chests - Extra Armor for most used subclass, sniper rifle ammo.

Glass needles are really good.

FeD.nL

Well another week of 3oC's. Had a pretty good week with them, bought 45. These were my drops:

Coin 45 – Primary Engram – 310 Hawkmoon (Opnened on 304 Warlock)
Coin 40 – Gauntlets Engram – 310 The Impossible Machines (Opened on 304 Warlock)
Coin 39-29 – Gauntlets Engram – 310 The Impossible Machines (Opened on 304 Warlock)
Coin 28 – Gauntlets Engram – 310 No Backup plans (Opened on 304 Warlock)
Coin 22 – Special Engram – 310 Telesto (Opened on 305 Warlock)
---- Patch ----
Coin 17 – Gauntlets Engram – 290 The Impossible Machines (Opened on 305 Warlock)
Coin 13 – Helmet Engram – 290 Obsidian Mind (opened on 300 Titan)
Coin 12 – Helmet Engram – 290 Helm of Inmost Light (Opened on 300 Titan)
Coin 2 – Helmet Engram – 290 Helm of Inmost Light (Opened on a 301 Titan)
Coin 1 – Chest Engram – 290 Alchemist Rainment (Opened on a 305 Warlock)

So once again basically 50/50 on the 310/290 drops and 10 drops out of 45 is probably my best average yet.

Edit: All of them were used in the Vanguard heroic playlist apart from Coin 22 (Golgoroth) and Coin 2 (Draksis)

Lnkn52

I only have about 53 strange coins. Should I buy the hereafter or some 3oC?

The other gloves I don't have but I guess I can use my marks for those.

Trickster

He'll have the best things he's ever sold, 3oC, and that's all that matters. The things that make running strikes and missions worth it. Apart from KF and VoG, I haven't had as much fun with this game as I've had running Dailies and Strikes with that extra chance of getting 310 exotics. 3oC is the best.

That's not really exciting though is it? Are you really sitting each week and looking forward to Xur to appear, so you can buy 3oC's, so you can go grind strikes you've already done a dozen or more times?

Maybe it's because I only do pve content in Destiny. And for that I already have what I need in terms of exotics. Spindle is a 100% drop I needed to do once, ToM is the same, and what exotic armor piece I use doesn't really matter at all.

Any of these exotics worth buying or just 3oC?

Git Alpha Lupi on my hunter. Guess I could by the exotic Titan piece as he doesn't have an exotic although tbh it's a pretty shifty exotic imo.

Shito

So, that BWU was... yeah, it dealt with more points than we were used to, but it still has the same Deej weakness of being so vague.

We’re going to disable that bug before we invite you to take your next run at a 9-0. We’re also working on a final fix for the bug itself as soon as possible. As soon as we have a solid commitment for Brother Vance, we’ll make a formal announcement on when Trial of Osiris will begin again. We hope that most of you recognize the impact a limitless Nightstalker would have on the competitive landscape.
Doesn't straight out says that this week's event is cancelled, and doesn't give any estimated date. While I can understand the latter (I'm a dev too, I know that sometimes it's hard to give proper estimations for nasty bugs), the former still irks me a bit: Deej likes to write, but his job is about communicating news to the players, and for this very task his priority should be clarity over style. He's supposed to be the one clarifying things for the community, yet more often than not he's an added source of confusion. And that's not even taking into account the fact that their news are not being localized, and that for a large part of the game's population English is not their native language...

“Sunbreakers?”

Indeed, we hear you. We’re looking at the data, as well. It’s too early to dig in and make any promises. We’ll talk more soon, once we get a full picture.
As someone working on a social games where data are super important, I still can't understand this explanation. Not only the sunbreakers super should have never been designed like this from the get go, but which data are they exactly waiting for here? That not every player is flocking to this subclass? That sunbreakers don't get more kills in a match than other subclasses? It's not about data balance, here, it's about proper design balance and fun. Can they only nerf things when people use them too much, and buff things when nobody uses them?
The data team needs to be an asset you rely on to make design decisions, but it should not dictate where your design go.

“Why am I not getting my Iron Banner rewards?”

Iron Banner has been both a test of skill and your best gear, as well as a way to get a new set of gilded armor and weapons. Legendary items won’t drop until you reach Rank 2 with Lord Saladin, and the pool expands as you continue to climb the ranks.
Once again, this causes confusion.
For once, I thought we had reports of people in here getting IB drops at rank 1, but more importantly what is the last part of the sentence supposed to mean? Which pool? Does this mean you can only get, say, the cloak at rank 2, then the boots at rank 3, then the sidearm at rank 4, and finally the PR at rank 5? Or did he wanted to say "chances" instead of "pools"?

“How about those Nightfall rewards?”

There is another update inbound as soon as next week that will deliver more frequent and more powerful Legendary rewards to the Nightfall loot tables. We’ll save the specific numbers for the Patch Notes. And, of course, the best reality about the nature of those rewards will be found in your feedback.
Fair enough, this has a date and is clear enough to understand.

“Why did you change the economy for Strange Coins and Weapon Parts?”

In Year 2, we took steps to streamline and simplify the economy for players, with hopes that providing more direct paths to gear and the stuff you needed to upgrade that gear would just be more satisfying across the board. Changes to economy of the game are made in the interest of preserving the value of the items in your inventory and ensuring that you have good uses for the things you’re saving.

Weapon Parts, specifically, have been particularly vexing. Some players use a LOT of Parts, whereas others use almost none. Still, we are very aware that this is a choke point for some players, and further adjustments may be in order.

In all cases, we're still watching our reports and listening to feedback, and we will continue to react to how things are going.
Sorry to say this : this makes absolutely no sense at all.
So in Y2 they want us to have a more direct path to gear and upgrading it, so that's why they are making it so... we can't upgrade it so quickly anymore?
I'm also baffled at how they seem puzzled that some people burn through their weapon parts, while others are hoarding them: what is it exactly that is wrong here, and what is it they want? That anyone of us hold on to just about the same number of materials ever, at any point? That we are all supposed to be playing this game the same way, even though we can have different types of personalities? Did they never realized that there were players who would be "conservative", holding on to every consumable they can find in case they would need tons of them at one point in the future, while other types of people would spend everything because otherwise it would have no use?
See this two categories of players, and apply this nerf to their behaviours: the hoarding ones will see even more reasons to not be using those weapon parts, while the trigger-happy people will just be broke and miserable at every upgrade they wish to make. One group is left unaffected and reinforced in their behaviour, while the other group is being punished. But let's wait for the data, huh?

I'm also not fond that they are sticking to their idea that only the raid should make you max level. I get that they design it this way to incentize people to run it, but the numbers seem to show that a large part of the player base never have bothered with them, probably for a variety of reasons, of which the fact that it requires 5 other people is at the top of the list I would suppose. I would prefer if you had other paths to the cap, while making people want to run the raids by creating awesome perks on the gear it drops. But since they don't seem to want to see any peaks in their data, the VoG gear being so over-used frightened them and we now get those meh raid gear drops instead. The raid is now there so you can run the harder version of the raid so you can... be a higher level than other people, and that is all. The only benefit of farming the highest light-level PVE content in the game will be... to have an advantage in PVP. This makes so little sense.
And now they are releasing the HM version one week earlier because of the quiver glitch, telling us "we are ready to release it!", but not seeing that a lot of the players are still not ready to receive it, because they are still chasing after better drops in the normal version of it.
At least, I hope HM KF will add things to this raid, because I'm not very fond of it for the moment: the encounters are too mechanically stiff, lacking the organic feel of the ones in VoG, or even of that Paradox story mission. There's no improvisation to be had, it's just 6 guys sticking to the plan to a T, otherwise it's a wipe.

Hmmm, sorry for this long ass rant, I'm being super critical here because I love playing this game so much that it irks me to see it go towards a bad direction again. Hopefully I'm not being too unfair here. ^^
#grandpasimpsonyellingatclouds.gif

MrDaravon

Nothing for me, shocking. Needles don't re-roll the int/str/disc stats, just the nodes right?

Also why in the fuck is the Legacy engram Heavy AGAIN? Holy shit Bungie.

GlamFM

Banned
What a joke. 3oC only ever gives me fucking special weapon engrams (currently at 12 in a row) and now he's selling Hereafter, presumably at 290. I need exotic leg engrams.

No.

I don´t have Hereafter, I´m running out of 3oC and i can´t wait to re-roll my Ruin Wings.

I rate Xur at 9 out of 10 this week :p

As someone working on a social games where data are super important, I still can't understand this explanation. Not only the sunbreakers super should have never been designed like this from the get go, but which data are they exactly waiting for here? That not every player is flocking to this subclass? That sunbreakers don't get more kills in a match than other subclasses? It's not about data balance, here, it's about proper design balance and fun. Can they only nerf things when people use them too much, and buff things when nobody uses them?
The data team needs to be an asset you rely on to make design decisions, but it should not dictate where your design go.

This is my biggest problem with the way Bungie is handling the game, especially sandbox balance. They should be proactive, not reactive. Sunbreaker is one of those things that should not have (and would not have) shipped had it received proper testing. And the same can be said for many things in the game that have been unbalanced.

You need a large sample size and a certain amount of time to observe trends, but trends should not be used as the primary source of balance.

I'm also not fond that they are sticking to their idea that only the raid should make you max level. I get that they design it this way to incentize people to run it, but the numbers seem to show that a large part of the player base never have bothered with them, probably for a variety of reasons, of which the fact that it requires 5 other people is at the top of the list I would suppose. I would prefer if you had other paths to the cap, while making people want to run the raids by creating awesome perks on the gear it drops. But since they don't seem to want to see any peaks in their data, the VoG gear being so over-used frightened them and we now get those meh raid gear drops instead. The raid is now there so you can run the harder version of the raid so you can... be a higher level than other people, and that is all. The only benefit of farming the highest light-level PVE content in the game will be... to have an advantage in PVP. This makes so little sense.
And now they are releasing the HM version one week earlier because of the quiver glitch, telling us "we are ready to release it!", but not seeing that a lot of the players are still not ready to receive it, because they are still chasing after better drops in the normal version of it.
At least, I hope HM KF will add things to this raid, because I'm not very fond of it for the moment: the encounters are too mechanically stiff, lacking the organic feel of the ones in VoG, or even of that Paradox story mission. There's no improvisation to be had, it's just 6 guys sticking to the plan to a T, otherwise it's a wipe.

Also spot on. Don't really see a reason to be 310 or 320, and certainly no gear worth chasing that requires me to play content at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom